Section 8: Prejudice Now Out On XBox 360

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Section 8: Prejudice has been released over XBox Live Arcade. For a mere 1200 Microsoft Points, you can get what some people are anticipating as possibly a sleeper hit.

What's that, you say? You haven't heard of this game before? Well, lucky you, I've written up a preview (with plenty of juicy screenshots from the PC version) that should go nicely into just why this may be the best $14.99 (or 1200 MS Points) you've spent in awhile.

The PC version will be following in... appropriately enough... two weeks, on May 4th. The PS3 crowd is out of luck a little bit longer (sometime this summer) but will get some of the DLC TimeGate Studios has promised will be forthcoming at launch, free of charge. Of course, we'll be posting those details as well as soon as we learn them.

Oh yeah, have a launch trailer for good measure while you're at it!

EDIT (6:26 PM) For the PC version, the Steam Preorder page has gone up. Order now and save 10% - making the game a paltry $13.49.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
I've only read good reviews of it so far, Eurogamer says 9/10.
Pretty curious, will probably pick it up once it hits PC.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I think in terms of gameplay it is and will be way better. It will all come down to whether people are ready to swallow the GFWL pill or not.

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
Well, as it stands now, the game I've been anticipating the most for the past couple of months will not be available in my region on Steam.

Thank you, Microsoft.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That part wasn't true. It's GFWL with SSA (basically the feature that ties your GFWL game to a single account). It has the standard GFWL activation limit which, I think, is 15.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
Is Microsoft paying the devs for all the lost sales due to GFWL, or why are the devs using it?

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Pretty sure they signed an exclusivity contract with MS for two games, but that isn't official or anything.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
As far as I see it, GFWL is the dingbat cousin of Steam. My experience with it hasn't been so horrible that I'd deny myself a good game because of it
As long as it's working right, it shuts up and leaves you alone

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Well, as it stands now, the game I've been anticipating the most for the past couple of months will not be available in my region on Steam.

Thank you, Microsoft.
The game being unavailable on Steam, usually means that one of your local retailers got the rights for retail and digital distribution - same is true for me with Saw, Civ 5 (game, but not DLC) and GTA4 (DLC, but not game). Check your local publishers' websites.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
The game being unavailable on Steam, usually means that one of your local retailers got the rights for retail and digital distribution - same is true for me with Saw, Civ 5 (game, but not DLC) and GTA4 (DLC, but not game). Check your local publishers' websites.

I might be wrong, but I interpreted his post in that way that it uses GFWL which is not available in his region.

Dark Pulse

Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
That part wasn't true. It's GFWL with SSA (basically the feature that ties your GFWL game to a single account). It has the standard GFWL activation limit which, I think, is 15.
Though I don't know the activation limit, the GFWL w/ SSA part is correct. It's tied to an account, not a single install limit.

No splitscreen. :(
Performance reasons. They went for framerate over splitscreen or AA.

TimeGate is publishing it themselves, strictly as a digital download. There should be no retail/boxed copies of Prejudice anywhere, as far as I know.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Performance reasons.
Obviously.
Good for them. Doesn't help me in the slightest though, lol.

Why couldn't they reduce details for splitscreen? Other games manage it too somehow. "Performance reasons" only goes so far to explain things. If they really wanted to they could have had a splitscreen mode but for some reason they thought it wasn't worth the trouble.
They're probably right. Splitscreen play is dying now that everyone seems to prefer playing online.
Too bad in my case though as I'll have to be one of those few lost sales now they calculated as not bad enough to make it worth investing in the development of a splitscreen mode.
I say "too bad" and I mean it, because I liked the demo of the original Section 8 and I most likely would have like Prejudice - I just won't buy either since they're worthless to me without splitscreen functionality.:(

Dark Pulse

Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
Obviously.
Good for them. Doesn't help me in the slightest though, lol.

Why couldn't they reduce details for splitscreen? Other games manage it too somehow. "Performance reasons" only goes so far to explain things. If they really wanted to they could have had a splitscreen mode but for some reason they thought it wasn't worth the trouble.
They're probably right. Splitscreen play is dying now that everyone seems to prefer playing online.
Too bad in my case though as I'll have to be one of those few lost sales now they calculated as not bad enough to make it worth investing in the development of a splitscreen mode.
I say "too bad" and I mean it, because I liked the demo of the original Section 8 and I most likely would have like Prejudice - I just won't buy either since they're worthless to me without splitscreen functionality.:(
Well, if your PC isn't too bad, you should be able to run that version:

• Processor: Intel 3.0GHz (single), 2.0GHz (dual), or AMD AthlonXP3200+
  • Memory: 2 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 or ATI Radeon X1900 (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better recommended)
  • DirectX®: DirectX 9.0
  • Hard Drive: 5.5 GB space free
  • Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card
Or to put it another way: If you could run UT3, you can run Prejudice.