Red Orchestra 2 Release Date

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
August 30th is set to be the release date for Tripwire Interactive's Red Orchestra 2 and it will debut for $39.99 (US) on Steam and other digital and brick and mortar retailers. Along with this news they are announcing the adoption of Punkbuster Anti-Cheat software and PBBans streaming ban support.

Drop by the RO2 Steam Group for more info.

On August 30th, 2011 Tripwire Interactive will give you the opportunity to experience war in a whole new way with the release of Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad. PC Gamer declared Red Orchestra 2 "a generational leap for WWII shooters. It simply has the most impressive systems I've seen in an FPS."

"With the selection of PunkBuster and PBBans in addition to VAC we're taking a three pronged approach to cheat protection for Red Orchestra 2," said John Gibson, Tripwire Interactive President. "We hope this sends a strong message to gamers that we take cheating very seriously and are tackling it head on BEFORE the game ships."

Red Orchestra 2 redefines the WWII shooter genre with unique and innovative gameplay including first person cover, immersive first person tank warfare, all new multiplayer gametypes including the multiplayer campaign mode, and unrivaled weaponry with systems such as full ballistics and suppression of enemies. Red Orchestra 2 also gives you the opportunity to fight through both the German attacks into the city and the Red Army's crushing reply in single player.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Heck yeah, baby. I've got a few bits stashed away for this title.

I just hope I can find enough time to really sink my teeth into it, like the old days.

well, actually back then I just made time; sacrificing sleep and other duties.

Last edited:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I don't see how punkbuster is necessary when VAC is present. Punkbuster is garbage anyway.

Yoshiro

Jul 22, 2003
Visit site
Both VAC and PunkBuster are present, as well as PB Bans. Server admins and users have their choice of anti cheat environment for their server and where they want to play.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
ALthough it is not my type of game I will definately buy it to support them (as I did with the first).

Tripwire knows how to make good games and how to support the community and please the fans.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Choice is nice, but why would anyone choose punkbuster over VAC unless they're planning to offer non-steam versions?

MÆST

Jan 28, 2001
WA, USA
This game will usher back the golden age of PC gaming. (Maybe it will usher back in the golden age of PC game pricing...)

H

hotsoniaborden5

Hi Everyone
I'm new to This forum
it is great to join this Forum, hope i'm welcome in ;)
grey.png

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Choice is nice, but why would anyone choose punkbuster over VAC unless they're planning to offer non-steam versions?

Some people do not trust VAC to get the job done, others woulden't trust PB to do it either, and especially in the competitive community, what AC the game uses can be a deciding factor in them adopting the game or not.

With that in mind, i think TWI are beeing very smart here in giving us both options.

And they are options, the servers can decide for themselves if they want to run one or the other, or both.

The PB integration also comes with 4 sepperate modes:

Off
Mild
Medium
Harsh

So a Pub server can run PB on a milder setting, to ensure most people won't have any problems with it in terms of false positives, and it won't kick people for using the Steam overlay in milder settings, or entirely turn it off. But the competitions can ramp it up to harsh to get maximum security (and there is still VAC also), which is very important to them, especially in the big Comp's where they play for money and prizes.

Choice is good, and i belive TWI are the first company ever to offer this many options for AC.

I'm sure it will be a decent game, but what exactly makes you say this?

I think he is hoping that HoS will sell a ton of copies, and show the big boys that PC users want PC games with all the features we used to get from thease games, because HoS has them.

It'd be nice, but i doubt the likes of EA and Activision would care, they are making plenty money allready whilst withholding thease features, and they are not about to stop doing it unless their sales suddenly tank (and that probably won't happen, as much as CoD and BF fans complain about thease missing features, they still buy the damned games. Things won't change untill people start voting with their wallet).

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
If PC gamers won't be all over this title, then they don't deserve good games on their platform. So far from what I've seen, this game is awesome. Day one buy.