Environment

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
D

Darkliege

Have you thought of creating any environmental effects like rain or snow? Maybe trees swaying in the wind /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Ha that would be cool, you'd need some damn good coders to pull that off.
Also, in the last versions, all the weapons worked in water, I work you will change that accordingly. I don't know if the military has a harpoon issue type of gun but that would be good if you don't want to go after somebody with a knife or grenade. That's it for now.

Darkliege

G

sniff...he'll always be my little boy /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Seriously: Firing under water is really unrealistic (At least I think so. I'm no weapon expert)

W

Warren

Firing underwater is a tricky thing- I could see an electrically primed bullet not working, but mechanical I guess might be slowed down enough underwater to not create enough of a 'punch'.. It's something I'll have to do research on- maybe most weapons will fire for a few seconds before stopping. It'd also be sweet to have the effect of rounds entering water leaving that cool looking 'trail'.. but then I think all bullets would have to be projectiles and that could eat up system performance with a major battle. Unless they're basically invisible.. another thing we'll have to play with.

R

Repairman_Jack

HK did a weapon called, I believe, the U11. I saw a pic and a description of it in a book called "Special Forces, Special Weapons", by Kevin Dockery. The U1 was a sealed revolver style flechette launcher (single projectile not spread) that was developed for the SEALs and specifically for underwater work. For those who care, it used a sealed piston launch system like the Falconet 22mm grenade launcher or the Dutch 404 mortar.

------------------
SEZ
Jon
--an armed society is a
polite society-