UT3 [Alpha] DM-Gothic2008

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
DM-Gothic2008 alpha
Version: 0.8
Compatibility: PC
Description: Remake of DM-Gothic from Unreal Tournament (*not* a BSP port!)
Comments: Features original music, and the Ripper is included as a standard pickup
Credits: Remade by sneh
Original by Shane Caudle, Epic Games
Ripper-LiteV2 by Parser (Fraghouse Mod Team)

Download: DM-Gothic2008_alpha.zip (57.0Mb) (filefront)

( Video )

Last edited:

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
Excellent sky. I wasn't sure why you were spending so much time looking at it at first, and then when I got it I started laughing at myself for not catching it earlier. I'll probably give it a download to see how you did that (not to say that I won't be playing it as well). :p

EisWiesel

... !!!
Jan 19, 2008
www.ut436.de
There is just too much awesomeness in this map, i dont know how to start... :lol:

From what i have seen first, the assets from UT1 are perfectly remade, u have also used a lot of the high-res S3TC textures whereever it was possible, this looks really brilliant.
At next, all the walls/corridors had the orginal flow/gameplay from the UT1 BSP-version, but were redone as non-disturbing fantastic looking staticmeshes. Compared to an average UT3 map, this makes clear how staticmeshes usually break the gameplay on the orginal UT3 maps...

I dont have to mention that the beautiful sky, the ripper-pickup, teleporters, orginal music and especially the weather-effects made the atmosphere and experience complete.

Because its an alpha, u know already that it has its issues, i show u anyway what i have found so far:

Improvement: the water here is not really vissible, it would look better with a different water-material:

wrong material-alignment:

also a weird material-alignment:

small black areas:

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
Thanks Alex I appreciate your feedback :)
It's a good idea to work on that water material, and I missed that black spot where there's a missing mesh so I'll work on those. Around those statues and through to the shield belt is unfinished so I hope to fix up those issues as well.

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
[CALIBUR];2236049 said:
downloaded your map. took ages to load up about 2 min and this what it looked like when it finished loading

lol is something wrong at my end?

I'm not sure what's going on - obviously I don't have this happening myself, but you're not the first person to report this..

1. Are those spots random / flickering, or do they stay in the same positions as you move around?

2. Could you let me know your computer's specs, and graphics card?

3. What settings are you running, low or high detail?

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I'm not sure what's going on - obviously I don't have this happening myself, but you're not the first person to report this..

1. Are those spots random / flickering, or do they stay in the same positions as you move around?

2. Could you let me know your computer's specs, and graphics card?

3. What settings are you running, low or high detail?

Sneh I had this problem also... i have a 7800gt vid card on the pc i tested it on.. i never mentioned it in my feedback because i didnt have epics bonus pack so i figured its because i was missing content your using.. its not a hardware issue.. I make my maps on this piece of PC :) my bet is missing content.

Last edited:

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
Sneh I had this problem also... i have a 7800gt vid card on the pc i tested it on.. i never mentioned it in my feedback because i didnt have epics bonus pack so i figured its because i was missing content your using.. its not a hardware issue.. I make my maps on this piece of PC :) my bet is missing content.

Interesting.. is it happening only in this particular area shown? (or all the outdoor parts?)

No stock materials are used, except maybe an element or two inside a few materials. I'll look at it closely, to see if it's something to do with that..

Bazzwano

Hi, I'm Bryan
Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
Interesting.. is it happening only in this particular area shown? (or all the outdoor parts?)

No stock materials are used, except maybe an element or two inside a few materials. I'll look at it closely, to see if it's something to do with that..
All over the place actully..

sneh

-
Apr 11, 2008
www.grozmo.com
Please tell me someone still have this map?

I do. ;)

It's more complete now, but I haven't worked on it for a long time. (I went slightly insane trying to figure out some bugs in kismet).
I could probably release the update if I can fix the main issue..

1. The outdoor lighting fades to red color out of sync with the sky fading to a sunset

Hmm.. That makes it sound easy. I have to go through kismet again like a madman, and figure it out, but I will do it.

Added dynamic fog
ScreenShot00036.jpg

Added lensflares (for classic look)
ScreenShot00009.jpg

Enhanced lighting (brighter/darker exposure looking through windows etc inside or outside)
ScreenShot00037.jpg

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
I could probably release the update if I can fix the main issue..

1. The outdoor lighting fades to red color out of sync with the sky fading to a sunset

If you are using Matinee might be worth changing the interp mode being used.

Or just add more steps in it with more colours