Noisemakers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Remember the noisemakers in Unreal? You could throw them out and distract the Skaarj.

I think they'd rock if available for UT, and I'm sure the code must be in there.

ie You could throw one into the rocket side of Hydro, then skip back into the flak side while the defenders are investigating.

I think it'd add a cool new (old) dimension to the game.

*oh yeah, they eminated sounds of weaponfire*

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
You can throw a teammate in there and let him taunt "I am the alfa and omega".
You can be sure everyone will try to hunt him down ;)

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Man, I saw a topic by Morety titled "Noisemakers" and I was sure it had something to do with his butt.

Someone should make this into a mod. Some little device that you throw like a grenade, but instead of just making one explosion, this thing just keeps on making noise.

Morety, if you were a buttriloquist, you could throw the sound of your butt in the rocket side of Hydro to distract the defenders while you entered the other side. I think if someone makes this mod they should call it the buttriloquist mod. :)

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I was wondering who'd be the first to make a reference to my butt ;) Congrat's to ya Boom :)

And that's exactly what the noisemakers in Unreal did Boom, they'd make battle sounds while you could go another route, or camp and kill the investigators etc.

Since the code is there, I'd love to see someone who could make them available in a ctf map.

Viking1

Highly Unstable
Aug 12, 2000
Winnipeg
www.cainsunited.net
What we really need in UT is a decoy dummy like the one in MDK2. An inflatable rolly-polly clown with a badly drawn image of youself on it that will distract the enemy's defense while you run around behind them with your rocket launcher. I LMAO when I saw that.

LittleFlower

Jun 14, 2000
NL
www.fce2.de
I have this small suspicion you would be able to summon them in UT if you knew the right incantation.

Try a game of UT with the old Unreal1 level HealingPod. That level used to have a noisemaker. If it pops up when you open that old U1 map with UT, you know the device is still there.