Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
True Grit - 8/10

Bit slow-paced. Overall pretty great, cinematography is just perfect, Jeff Bridges is great and Damon is alright. Heck even the girl is good in her role.

Not one of the best Coen movies but it's well worth the time.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Predestination-7/10

The story this movie is based on........

......."All You Zombies" by Robert A. Heinlein.........

..... makes an interesting premise for a film story. The film does have a lot going for it but......

.... because of the way the original story works the movie actually lacks the "wow" factor in the final reveal.

It is very well acted but....

..... ultimately a hard story to tell on film without giving the ending away much too soon........

... which makes the film a bit slow in places. The music is good and, for anyone interested in this type of story.....

......think about films like the Butterfly Effect.....

.... it's worth a look.

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (3D)-6/10

I was never a huge fan of TMNT over the years and I'm a bit vague on some of the details around the origin story; so I honestly can't say if this film deviates from the known TMNT narratives.

Ultimately I found the film fun but a bit flat overall. The turtles were well done and there was enough interesting background to the plot to keep it entertaining but, having seen the film once, I don't know if I would be hurrying out to see it again.

The 3D was o.k. but not spectacular........

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
The Raid 2 - 9/10

If you liked the first one you'll like this too.
If you've not seen the first one it's not really a requirement for the sequel but I'd suggest watching it if only to familiarise yourself with the main character & the fighting style of Indonesian martial arts.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
The Equalizer - 7.5/10

It a black punisher.
Who works at Home Depot.
And has ties in a government agency.
And befriends a 17 year old prostitute.

Still, a god movie. Nice job, Denzel

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Empire of the Sun-9/10

Despite not having seen this film in many, many years it surprised me how well I remember it. It's an astounding book and Spielberg turned it into an astounding film that is compelling watching.

I was also surprised at how the surreal nature of how the story is told on film, including the use of music, creates the same type of atmospheres as in the later Spielberg film A.I. The music to both films is incredibly similar.

I read J.G. Ballard's novel many more years ago before Spielberg turned it into a movie and the film does justice to the book; in spades.

A great film; one of his best movies.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Sapphires-8/10

It's 1968, and four young, talented Australian Aboriginal girls learn about love, friendship and war when their all-girl group The Sapphires entertain the US troops in Vietnam.

Based on a true story and adapted from a stage play this movie was well worth a look. It had great heart and soul and awesome soul music performances.

MV5BMTQyNTk5MDk1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjgyODYxOQ@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
The Game-8/10

While Fight Club remains one of my favourite films this film is probably my second favourite Fincher film (and probably his second best movie after Fight Club). An entertaining and clever thriller that stands up to repeated viewings. I haven't seen it in a while and it was great to see it again.....

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Hereafter-6/10

Clint Eastwood is a great director. The performances in this film are pretty good. That being said the movie is pretty flat and is probably the most average thing I have seen that Eastwood has directed.

Last edited:

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
Gone Girl - 9/10

Best movie of the year, so far. Hard to believe that it's the same guy who played Daredevil. Soundtrack is great, can easily tell that it's the same guy that did the Social Network soundtrack.

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
Hannibal Rising

Couldn't actually tell you a single thing about it as I had my head in my phone the majority of the time, but it's got Gaspard Ulliel in it and I would absolutely ruin him, so...

10/10, would bang.