aiming question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
i'm guessing this might be in the online manual, but i haven't been able to access that (keep getting an asp error... :( anyways, i was wondering if there was any real disadvantage to going around with your weapon up, aside from a slight reduction in situational awareness... so far, i haven't really noticed a difference, so i was hoping someone could enlighten me... :)

cheers,
teck

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
The only difference, as far as I can tell, is that with your weapon up all the time, you are able to acquire your target and shoot faster than if you first have to raise the weapon. When I play, I almost always keep my weapon up in the aim position, I just aim 'down' a little so it doesn't obscure my vision as much.:cool:

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
With scoped weapons, you need to keep it down or else your vision is... eh, just try running around with a scoped M16 in Tiger Hunt with 10+skaarjs coming at you.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
thanks

thanks guys,

for exactly the reason vrrc mentioned, i usually grab a non-scoped weapon and run around with it aimed down like amson said... honestly speaking, that's how i normally handle weapons in real life anyways... stock seated at the shoulder, weapon at low-ready, and at contact first burst normally aimed "over the sights" (as opposed to through them)... again, thanks guys, just needed to know... :)

cheers,
teck