Petetion to change forum software- (give youre opinion please)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
Im getting increasingly iritated with the Infopop opentopic software the board is useing, some days i cant post for houers on end, and i couldent post all yesterday without waiting 7mins for it to load.
Its been like this for as long as i have visited this board (it has gotten better though), and theres no info on infopop's homepage, no news no nothing.
Could we please get another forum.

Now if u have a good reason to stay here (like sponcors etc etc), just say so, and i'll remove this petition (if it will let me that is).

Im just tired of having to fight with all the bugs to post a simple message.

gfsigil.jpg

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
yes goatie, i agree with you that this board does get a little annoying some times, but do you realize that if we do in fact change the forums we go back down to 0 posts? ZERO!!! were so close to 1000! i don't want to be condused with a newby!

JB.gif

Acey4 NA

Nov 27, 2000
no offense goat fuker,but why don't U update ur internet explorer,or what ever ur running,or get a new modem,i haven't had any trouble posting at all

crush the good men that bow to you,then die by the hand of me. Title:TEAM KILLING,by AJ,Freddrick

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
I'm useing IE 5,0 (the 5,5 screwed my intire system up with no remorse), both cable and ASDL is unavalible where i live (and most parts of Denmark), so the only thing i could upgrade to is ISDN, but no one offers ISDN at reasonable prices in this damned country (i could get ASDL cheaper than my dialup is, where it just avalible).

Any other sore isues u wanna step in?

gfsigil.jpg

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
both on my DSL at home and T1 at work with IE 5.5, iCab 2.3, OmniWeb beta 8, and IE for OSX i have problems loading/posting sometimes.

but is the "censorship" really such a problem? really? chances are if you aren't able to express whatever you feel like saying without obscenities, perhaps it's not worth expressing.

not that they system as it's implimented isn't without it's problems. boy i sure do dislike Great Expectations by Charles ****ens. hrmm, i need to go to the store to purchase some ****genized milk, etc. but "obscenity is the crutch of inarticulate mother****ers" as they say.

i'd like to think to think the fact that we can't curse at least in part keeps arguments/dissagreements on this board at a somewhat of a level of intelligent discourse and debate as opposed to degenerating into "you lame asshole, your ideology sucks donkey ****. and i ****ed your mom" type postings.

mrtt4.jpg

E

element

Fusetalk is the best, UBB (Ultimate Bulletin Board System) coming in a close second. This place would run fine with UBB provided the server(s) can keep up with demand.

If it is a hardware issue then only a server upgrade would help unless Infopop is really inefficient or something wrong with it which I doubt.

-------------------------
"He has a right to criticize who has a heart to help." -Abraham Lincoln

the only issues...

I've had are somewhat slow loading times, but that is likely a function of internet at the time or the server that the board is hosted on.

One issue that does bug me is even though the board 'knows' who I am when I connect, it does not properly track which threads have new messages since my last visit - since I use more than one computer to read the board - looks like it tracks this info with a cookie...making that function machine dependant.

Stop, Look, and Listen
Steel

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Hey Demonshadow...

Censorship? What ****ing-piece-of-**** censorship??? :D

I vote to can infopop nonetheless.

[Edit: Oh, that censorship... :D]

Alpha_9.gif

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

[This message was edited by {PhD}Alpha_9 on Jan 12, 2001 at 07:19.]

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Oh, and Baracus...

I for one loved Great Expectations by Charles ****ens.

And I got some ****genized milk you could borrow, no need to make a trip to the store. Unless you also need to get some insecticide for a cockroach problem...

[Edit: #%^#$@ censorship!!! :D]

Alpha_9.gif

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

[This message was edited by {PhD}Alpha_9 on Jan 12, 2001 at 07:20.]