BU Podcast: Episode Three Now Available!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
We are back at it again! Episode Three is out for all the world to see. Who knew? Well, this time we talk about a bunch of stuff. Enjoy!

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Nicely done, sirs.

I no like "podcast". Change the name?

M-m-m-m-m-monsterCast?
Fragcast?
Unrealcast?
Good Morning Unreal with Dragon and Brizz?

M^uL

Nov 16, 2009
Nuther excellent job guys. These are helping me stay sane after jumping out of the Epic forum cesspool.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
+1 on fragcast...

...even though it'll take a while before it will actually be about fragging anyone. ;)

I see my note from the last cast made it in. That's nice. :) Can't say much as to why there aren't many air rox in UT3. Just played some campgrounds, and AFAIK, it's not much different than in previous games. But I haven't played it online much, so I can't really comment. That it's purely the level design isn't just showcased in the one shining example (Vertebrae), but also in the fact that this game was also made for consoles. I haven't played UT on the PS2 much, but one thing I immediately noticed was that the levels were redesigned to have far less vertical height differences.

From this podcast...there was talk about the stock UT3 maps not being very good. I agree to that, but at the same time wonder about something else: can't the same not be said for UT2003? I haven't played it much, but in terms of variation, pretty much everything was industrial, Egyptian or Gen Mo'kai. Like UT3, it was only with the bonus packs that more variation was added (and even more with UT2004).

Oh, and...gateway isn't really a level. It's a tech demo for the engine. :)

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
The lack of z-axis in stock maps in UT3 is noticeable, and will hopefully improve with this next incarnation. However, those concerned with the lack of z-axis probably aren't playing many stock maps. We see airrox aplenty during play on my server in DM-Bonescraper, DM-Campgrounds, DM-Defiance (oddly)(stock), DM-1on1-Pure, DM-Z, etc

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I am gonna mirror these these comments on epic for whatever they are worth, though they seem like the logical answer, just as soon as I can remember my login info there...

Personally the best solution to the movement mechanics issues of wall dodge, double jump, adrenaline, etc. Would be handled by a series tic boxes on the game/server config menu or perhaps a drop down menu for either/or options. Keep the basic movement mechanics pure and let the individual customize their toppings.

I personally like my UT with a dash of double jump on top.

For the curious (if any1 actually noticed and was curious) I was abscent a few months due to some hospital time and a Hard disk failure...and I couldn't remember my password for the past 3 weeks. However all is well in fud land again. That thrills the lot of you I know.

Oh and +1 on fragcasts. Podcast sounds so... 2007.

Last edited: