UE3 - UT3 WIP - Unreal Tournament 3 Vehicle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kaneth

May 24, 2009
Hello BU,

As part of my studies at University a module requires me to create a vehicle for Unreal Tournament 3.

I am not a concept artist and as such have decided to base my vehicle off an existing concept. I always work on my 2D skills, but as of yet they are simply not good enough.

xeikilconcept.jpg

I will be building subdividable high poly modular pieces, adding any detail I feel is required in Zbrush for use in normal maps, readjusting or retopologising low polygon pieces. I will then be baking normal, diffuse and ambient occlusion out of 3DStudio Max, the latter 2 I will use as a base to texture in Photoshop.

I only started today and so far I have created 1 base piece which is ready to be detailed in Zbrush to an extent.

development1.jpg

Subdividable with edged faces ---------------------- Low Poly ----------------------- Subdividable without edged faces

I can see I may need to double chamfer a bit tighter on some loops, however for the time being going to leave it and see how it goes.

The reason I summarised my workflow is for if there are any hard surface modellers out there who can suggest improvements or tricks to workflow.

Last edited:

tombanz10

Jun 12, 2010
I think that It was looked like so cool and also pretty. I think that If you have used the Zbrush, It had been s nice and also more useful for it. I think that If you have got some texture regarding the vehicles. Then It would be so help for further and You can also get some idea.