DM-Imago

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Yeah the pitt is the vocal point of the entire map, It is loaded with ambush spots, it's the most unsafe part of the map, especially when going for the powerups and sumone intercepts u.

As for the darkness, I know alot of pp are telling me about it, i feel a little sad about it, since everyone with the latest level 3d card or the voodoo 3 which i use, seem to be the only pp who can actually see everything in the map. I suppose my next map should be brighter, the darkness in Imago was all for the theme.

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by Mister_Prophet
Yeah the pitt is the vocal point of the entire map, It is loaded with ambush spots, it's the most unsafe part of the map, especially when going for the powerups and sumone intercepts u.

As for the darkness, I know alot of pp are telling me about it, i feel a little sad about it, since everyone with the latest level 3d card or the voodoo 3 which i use, seem to be the only pp who can actually see everything in the map. I suppose my next map should be brighter, the darkness in Imago was all for the theme.

it must just be a certain erm, generation of peeps. or a certain rendering thingy. cos my peice of monkery crap pc ran it ok, and i could see perfectly well. so there.

had a good 3 on 3 tdm in it. space marines vs orcs. Mmmmm. now, if only i could get a monitor for my cool new pc....

Rev Billy G

Aug 22, 1999
www.revbillyg.f9.co.uk
Great ambience in both visuals and sound. Really looks and feels like there's been quite a few wars in there.

Music didn't work for me, just got the UT menu music. Methinks me UT's a bit b0rked.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
NC Review Pending

Downloading Imago now for my rig at home.
Nice chatting with you Pro on #nalicity while having a look at your map on my work POS puter(software mode/no lighting/640x480).
A very good map, very playable... on par with Alcatraz by Jerramie IMO. Definately HotList material, as seems to be most all Team Phalanx maps.
Good work, I'll be taking a closer look in a few minutes...
Currently, us NC reviewers have 39 maps pending the new review template's release for NC3. I added Imago to the bottom of my list (5 maps) so shouldn't be long once NC3 gets running.
oh yea:
<private joke>
SHOW ME THE LAVA!
</private joke>

:) sounds good Twrecks, thanx for looking at it and all.

And P.S.- (start rant) Theres nothing wrong with a Volcanic rock pit! There doesn't have to be lava! Do you think that every hole in the ground has to have lava? Do ya!? Truth is, if you dug a hole deep enough you'd see reely hot volcanic rock before you'd see lava! What is the fascination with Lava pits! How come all pits have to have lava, or slime, or poison water, or some other hazardous liquid, why can't there just be a bunch of reely reely hot rocks? Or maybe a pile of ape sh1t, or gold, or eggs? WHY LAVA!? (end rant)

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
Good map, and a long story in the readme. It makes a small difference if you know a bit about the place your fighting in.
Maps which are "a typical Liandri areana" are just boring

MoxNix

Dec 2, 2001
Visit site
Not a bad looking map and poly/node count is ok too, but it's not one I'd play much.

I get the HOM effect too. The lighting seemed fine, it certainly wasn't too dark for me. I have a GF2 GTS with detonator 22.80 drivers. The pit looked like hot rocks to me too. I thought it was nice to see a bit of originality there instead of the usual lava/slime/water pit.

The one thing I really had to wonder about is why are the jumpboots so high up? It would make sense to put them down low where they'd be more usefull for getting at campers up top. As it is now, the boots make it very easy for the campers to drop down quickly finish off a kill and get back up there right away.

Regards, MoxNix

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
Fawn you're wrong, it will run fine.

Cliff said maps should be made with 400 polys and that was almost a year ago, so maps could be made with 500-600 polys and they will be very smooth.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Let's play 'Cliff Sez'

Cliff Sez.........hold a chicken in the air and stick a deckchair up your nose :p

Akuma

Deacon Massif
Mar 4, 2000
Visit site
30 fps is more than fast enough

after all, the human eye can only see up to 25 fps - I read that online somewhere

It's about time mappers started pushing the envelope with 800 poly maps, UT is an old game and 800 polys would run just fine on most peoples PC's

fragswill

Charismatic Leader
Mar 21, 2000
Sweden
Originally posted by @kuma
30 fps is more than fast enough

after all, the human eye can only see up to 25 fps - I read that online somewhere

Actually that's 16 fps. IMO, anything above 20 is insane!

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Thought of Sync yet? I mean, why would we notice a screen flicker if the refresh rate is below 70 Hz? hmm... Can't explain it, maybe our eyes create not snapshot images but a merge of a 1/16th second? questions, questions...

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
/me remembers when VGA IndyCar racing would default to 12fps (max 15 fps if you had a kick-ass PC)