As for team killers,...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
C

cybersqueek

I have found that lately people are lighting up there team mates as soon as they spawn for whatever reason they can cook up; some don't even need a reason. This mentality is beginning to catch and spread; what was once a once in a while occurance is now an all day-everyday event. I do have an idea on slowing this problem a bit. I propose a slight modification to the inf code which keeps track of team kills; when the counter reaches 3 in a match the player is automaticaly kicked. When this happens for 3 matches in a 10 match session the INF code destablizes its self and renders its self useless. Sure, they could reinstall it, but it would be a pain in thier back sides. One more thing, this modification would have to ignore user names because team killers usualy change thier names often. Well, thats my idea, what do you think?

Dracil

First Poster of new INF forums
Jan 14, 2000
Taiwan, now in UC Berkeley
When voting to kick players off works, it'll all be fine.

INF3.gif

R-Force

(IF)
Nov 21, 2000
Canada, Quebec, Terrebonne
I don't understand why it don't work... Seem simple enough to do...

I think TK should have a freeze penality at the beginning of the next round... A few seconds freeze time that teammates could use to kill them so they would have to wait while the others play ;). AH yes, peoples who would kill them while frozen would not be treated as tk since it would be justice ;) I think tk would soon stop playing like this or they would end up waiting several round dead...

I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

C

cybersqueek

That's a good idea

I didn't think of freezing them for a few seconds, that's even better than my idea and a whole lot better that just voting them out. I can realy see how that could be a real deterant. Very good thinking R-Force.

Ray_Wilson

Dec 8, 1999
Classified
Visit site
Yeah

And then ppl have to watch where they shoot just like in real life in RL you never shoot by accident right so thats not more then fair :)

IDcardRay2.jpg

I did my best still not good enough!

F

fissionproductions

I like that idea of having so many team kills before it kicks you out. Maybe have it on the server with a variable count of how many team kills a player has before they're kicked. But for now let's get the voting option down before we get into anything else. We may not need it and it would just take up space in the code.

-Fission

M

Monk_Zero

Freezing them just encourages more TKing, in the name of "revenge". The vote based kick is the sane and fair way to deal with it.

wiseassbnty

Jack's smirking revenge
Dec 6, 2000
www.whatisthebinty.com
I've banned three people so far in the past 5 days from my server for TKing. That solves it right out as far as I'm concerned. But this has been when I've been playing and actually been TKed or a teammate or other, then I did it. So god knows what goes on when I'm not there to police the server.

<center>
page

<a href="http://www.whatisthebinty.com" target="_blank">Visit Clan Binty Online!</a>
</center>

Hannibal

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
voting

In my experience, voting off TKers has been fairly effective, so I think that's the only solution this mod needs. However, I am worried about the possibility of a epidemic of voting off newbies. This would surely be detrimental to the developement of the mod.

boxster

]3oXsTe]2
Aug 30, 2000
I wanna share a TK experience with you guys

This happened on quite a notable server, affiliated with Infiltration. There was a clan admin present (won't name names), and he blatantly ignored the whole situation.

Here’s what happened:

I joined the server to see a player named "Pippy" killing team mates left and right with a score of -30. Everyone was telling this person to stop, including the admin, and he kept replying, "sorry, it was an accident." Soon, people started swearing at this person, and then the person replied, <u> "I’m just a girl." </u>

The admin then said, “You have pics?†Pippy replied, “Yesâ€. He then started telling us to leave her alone. The TKing went on for half an hour, and he was blatantly ignoring the whole situation, saying “she’s not TKing anyone.â€

Eventually, everyone left, and there were only 3 people left. Me, the admin, and the TKer. I then said, “I cant believe your putting up with this crap in your server, your giving your clan a bad name,†and he finally banned Pippy’s IP.

Pippy was obviously a boy, notably so due to his immature childish remarks about the other player’s mothers.

I just thought I’d post this because I found it amusing how people’s attitude’s suddenly change when they find out they’re talking to the opposite sex.

We men need to start thinking with our brains, rather than our p3nis's. :rolleyes:

porschelogo.gif

PORSCHE ßõX$†€®

[This message was edited by ]3oXsTe]2 on Mar 26, 2001 at 20:00.]

boxster

]3oXsTe]2
Aug 30, 2000
Your TK solution

I think it is unfair, and here a few senarios to prove why:

-Throw a nade, and wipe out 3 team members by accident and BAM, your banned from the IP

-Right when you spawn, you accidentally shoot someone (believe me, it happens, ESP to 56kers like myself).

My solution:

Let the players be the judge and jury. If someone is becomeing a problem, let the players vote them out. Once they are voted out, their IP is banned from that server for 48 hours.

As for spawn kills:

Sometimes there arn't enough spawn points in some maps. As a result players get "telefraged" by their own team mates. Players often get blamed for spawn killing when this happens. A good solution would be to make a 3 second no kill timelimit, in which players are invinsible. That way lag-induced spawn killings(sometimes when I click to start then next round, the clicks lag, and result into shots being fired) are prevented.

porschelogo.gif

PORSCHE ßõX$†€®

boxster

]3oXsTe]2
Aug 30, 2000
The freezing idea sounds good, but INF almost has voting worked out. I think they should stick to voting.

porschelogo.gif

PORSCHE ßõX$†€®

C

cybersqueek

voting

After reading some of the replies, I can see how voting is possably the best option for now. I thought that the name of the player was all that was banned not the IP address itself. Thank you all for your input.
By the way, I was in the game with "PIPPY"; that is why I put up this post to begin with. By the time I left that game I was fuming mad.

boxster

]3oXsTe]2
Aug 30, 2000
Hehehe, CyberSqueek.

What a coincidence. I hope that lil’bastard Pippy reads these posts. Man, I wonder what makes people want to ruin other peoples fun?!?!

porschelogo.gif

PORSCHE ßõX$†€®

C

cybersqueek

Wouldn't that be great, I realy have to wonder what runs through that silly ****'s mind. Maybe these posts might make him think a little next time,........mmmm...... then again,.... probably not.

D

Dinkster

Server option

Id prefer to see the server admin having th option of why people get kicked or banned.. not INF. Voting is good but half the time some new players doesnt know how to vote.. or someone doesnt care..so the vote doesnt pass. I think the main deteriant is to have, when possible, people that the servers admins trust with admin rights. Right now on SK server we have about 8 guys with admin rights and any of us can ban or kick some one. It really slows down the incentive to try some crap when any of us can pop in.

Also Dreamtactics has suggested that all the admins of server share banned / kicked players names in a forum they are creating. That way player who are jerks repeatly on several servers make a name for themselves and get banned not by a server but by the community. Just some thoughts.

Dinky [SK]
savagekillers.com

boxster

]3oXsTe]2
Aug 30, 2000
Each server has to have a person monitor their server ‘round the clock? Sounds like too much work if you ask me…What happens if there’s no admin present?

It someone is shooting up the team, I’m sure there won’t be a problem having enough people to vote them out.

As for newbies who don’t know how to vote: Read the manual…If a newbie doesn’t know how to vote, chances are he doesn’t know how to use the action menu.

porschelogo.gif

PORSCHE ßõX$†€®

M

Mad_Dog

stick with a vote

i feel the majority of TKs are accidental... i have never met up with a dedicated TKer... i have done it by accident on occasion, especially with similar looking camo on a dark map... you apologize and get over. implement voting, because any code is gonna screw up regularly and often.

C

cybersqueek

I'm sure we have all killed team members by accedent, however, I've encountered a few dedicated TKrs (one most notable in my mind at the moment being the silly **** Pippy with a score of -30+). No mater how new someone is, if they don't catch on to the diferent shades of camo before they reach a negative score in the double digits then they need to get off the net and practice with bots for a while before trying the online games again. :rolleyes:

E

Excelsiore

Teamkilling..another look

As I see it there are 4 types of teamkillers:
1)The ones who do it on purpose and are only out to ruin others games.
2)Newbies who haven't gotten used to the special characteristics of INF and for example have a hard time differentiating between teamskins.
3)Itchy triggerfingers and the uncareful. "Oh, I'm sorry, were you guys standing right where I threw my nade."
4)Accidental spawnkillers and telefraggers.

Voting and banning will probably work but they require TK-police to make it work and may result in unfair kicking/banning of newbies. The 4th type of TK:er is really innocent and shouldn't be punished for lag and map related problems.

How about this: 3 sec spawn protection and auto respawn if telefragged.

If this is done then if you TK this is what should happen. The TK:er has to sit out the next round in the match. This would I think help solve all the TK:ers 1-4. Those who do it on purpose will stop because it's mighty boring sitting out half the matches on all servers(If they try to TK every time). Those who are newbies or hotheads will get a timeout to think about what they've done and calm down, see who's on they're team etc. This will also encourage "target ID" which is non-existant today. When the round you have to sit out starts you should also get a message saying your out because you TK:ed.

My 2 cents.

That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.