Emitters: CoordinateSystem and SpawnFromOtherEmitter

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Influenza

Code Monkey
Jul 13, 2004
I'm working on a nice blood-spray effect for my mod that models itself after Kill Bill, with blood spraying everywhere upon getting hit; I'm using an Emitter for the effect, and it works rather well. However, I'd like to adapt the Emitter so that it leaves "stain" marks on the ground wherever a blood particle hits. To do this, I added a second sub-emitter to my blood class and set up the primary blood spray to spawn it upon hitting the ground through SpawnFromOtherEmitter. This works fine, but only when the CoordinateSystem of my emitter is set to PTCS_Independent.

The problem is that I need to use PTCS_Relative for my coordinate system, but setting this causes the blood stains to not spawn. Does anyone have an idea why this is? I can't use PTCS_Independent because, for some reason, I can't rotate the Emitter if it's Independent (I rotate the blood spray so it always moves in the direction the pawn is getting hit from). No matter what I do, an Independent emitter always spawns its particles in the positive-X direction.

Alternatively, if anyone knows another way to leave blood stains when each individual particle hits a surface, please let me know. Thanks!

Last edited: