Xbox 360, PS3, or PC?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Definately PC, but probably for the X360 as well, so I can lure my console friends into the UT world.

RaptoR said:
.....though I might be tempted by the X360...

Can you run that by me again please?

I thought you were anti-MS.

BulletProof

...I wish I was
Mar 27, 2002
Maryland, U.S.
Visit site
Xbox360 or PS3, whichever I end up choosing.

kafros said:
Depends on whether I can play with a mouse + keyboard on any of the consoles!

I am too old to re-learn FPS with a controller.

I have asked it on another thread but here it goes again:

Do you know if any of the next gen consoles come with mouse+keyboard support.

No adapter gadgets. I mean officially supported from MS or SONY and the game developers. I know that the consoles have USB ports so dont start on the "sure you can plug them in the USB ports!".

I have no-personal experience from adapters on the current consoles but reading the specs of current adapters and how they translate mouse movement to analog stick type signals, I expect things like fine aiming and sharp turning to be very different from the PC.

I was wondering that myself

Gryph

trap
Nov 29, 2004
not mold factory
PC only.

Even if I somehow ended up getting an xbox between now and the next UT release date, I doubt i would spent the extra money just to have it for both consoles.

...that, and I really suck with any controllers besides the keyboard and mouse.

Sanius

May 14, 2005
Tenkken said:
ut2007 should stick to pc only. That way, I don't have to bother with gamepad noobs.

you're a "noob" if you can't play an FPS with a controller. spoiled brat.

krjal

Minotaur
May 10, 2005
Australia
[offtopic] Isn't it wierd that Halo 1's first level was sooo much better than Halo 2's?

PC btw.

Last edited:

Striker D

May 14, 2005
Ya, that was kinda wierd,

& for those of you who are getting UT2007 on XB360 & have xbox live, my gamertag is Striker D

:) MY pc sucks!

samix

May 15, 2005
PC. Although I think the Xbox 360 is a good choice, I have to consider Unreal Championship disappointing me. Pain in the arse to dodge + aim right. :)

Tenkken

Prizemoney
Oct 4, 2004
New York City
Sanius said:
you're a "noob" if you can't play an FPS with a controller. spoiled brat.

Great, now we have halo addicts on these forums. Anyone can play a fps on a controller, it's a question of whether they'll be better off with a keyboard. From experience with playing both console and pc fps games, keyboards and mice allow for much more flexibility.

Last edited:

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
As soon as I got a decent spec computer, I stopped playing games on my PS2 completely. The next gen consoles look sweet and everything, but the only way to play any fps is on a computer with a keyboard mouse...especially a game like UT where you need so many key binds for different weapons etc.
UT just feels like PC game...

So, without a doubt, I'll ge getting the PC, or rather Mac version.

ZenPirate said:
Without a single doubt... Xbox 360.
My pc is now aged, and my next shall be a Mac

UT is one of the few games that gets (more or less) simultaneous release on Mac and PC, and Epic have said that UT2k7 will even ship with the Unreal Editor on the Mac this time. So what's the problem if you'll be using a Mac then.

I got UT2k4 on my Mac in April 04, which was only a couple of weeks after the European PC release, and it runs really well on my G4 Powerbook.
For UT2k7 I've already started saving up for a dual 64-bit processor G5. :)

Last edited: