New Make Something Funeral Contest Announced!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
A new Make Something Unreal Contest has been announced by EPICleptic Ultra-Violet Games and NUB-VIDI-a.
The contest this time around is not making the game in UDK or anything like that or UT3.
You need to make your own whole game in a raw UnrealED only containing build of Unreal version 0.864v from May 1997. But you say Unreal was released one year later! Yes, that is the point, this contest is meant to be ULTRA HARDCORE, so not only you are not using easy to use UDK-like stuff where you don't even need to think to make something, you will be FORCED to use pre release standalone version of the UnrealED which the level designers had to make levels in back then, including number of licensees including Wheel of Time. There exists an old screenshot from 1997 showing WoT being developed under this, originally from Legend's site back in the days. Might not be the same version but it's close enough.
[SCREENSHOT]http://unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/newstuff/beditor.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]
And here a full screenshot of the environment YOU need to develop it in:
[SCREENSHOT]http://unrealtexture.com/Hosted/Leo_T_C_K/newstuff/uedscern.png[/SCREENSHOT]
YOU WILL SHARE THE PAIN OF THE DEVELOPERS AND NEED TO JUST SUCK IT DOWN! EFF YEAH!(tm)
AND IF YOU WILL HAVE TROUBLE RUNNING IT ON YOUR BRAND NEW SHINY EASY TO USE MACHINES, YOU NEED TO DOWNGRADE!!!1 THAT IS THE PRICE FOR THIS CONTEST JUST AS BEFORE YOU HAD TO UPGRADE TO TAKE THE PART IN. BUT NOW ITS IN REVERSE FINALLY!1
TAKE IT! AWW SMACK!!1

THE CONTEST WINRER WILL GET GRANTED A RESERVED ALL INCLUSIVE LUXURY DEVELOPEMENT STUDIO AND HOTEL IN THE NA PALI ISLANDS(the real world tm location) AND RECEIVE 1000000 $ FROM NUB-VIDI-a and NITTEL.
YOU WILL ALSO BE GRANTED UNREAL ENGINE 4 FULL LICENSE TO DEVELOP AS MANY GAMES AS YOU WANT AS LONG AS IT WILL BE IN THE FAMOUS LINEAR AWARD-WINNING DUTY CALLS FORMAT THAT EVERYONE WANTS AND LOVES!!!1

CONTEST ENTRIES WILL FOLLOW HOPEFULY SOON.

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
New contest entries were recently presented on NUB-VIDI-a site, including two particulary interesting ones.

The first one is a FUNeral game by Team Morbid. The goal is to dig as many graves as you can while funerals and coffins are coming, you will have to slowly drag the mud and dig the graves, bonus levels will apparently include a crematorium stage and others, multiplayer deathmatch in form of burying other players ALIVE. This will be aimed to be extremely realistic, so if you end up being in the coffin, you will slowly begin to sufficate at real world pace. All through this time you will be staring at the immensely rendered blackness. Sounds real FUN.

Second particulary interesting entry is a game titled "Mine is bigger than yours" by "CoTITeS". Not many details were published apart from that it's supposed to be a very adult oriented game, a very daring concept indeed, especially in such contest, but the rules say nothing against it so it's all within the rules. The mod will according to the develeper team quite literally allow you to "freely fuck things up".

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Apparently there are now winners of a real contest on BU news page, wasn't aware one was actually running when I made this thread :p.