Bars across screenshots in UT2004 (driver problem suspected)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Holy crap. This is why updating things is a bad idea.

I updated my FX5200 drivers to the latest (91.31) and now when I take screenshots, I get these horrible bars at the top of the screenshot. It's ruined quite a few good ones already.

How can I fix this?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Alright, I definitely remember a thread on this... but I can't very well search for it. We kinda crapped out. :p

I've got these Godawful bars across the top of screenshots in UT2004, and it's ruining my great shots. I use the 91.31 drivers with my Geforce FX5200. How can I fix this?

edit: I know I made this thread on the UT2K4 forum already, but then I got to thinking that 1) No one visits there anymore anyway and 2) this is really more of a problem with the drivers I installed than with the game itself, it's simply affecting only the game.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Or, I could not do that and actually fix what's causing the problem.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Searches only take me to older ones... I can't remember which ones I had before this either. :(

drat.

Edit: I guess that's what I get for posting when I'm so tired. I meant NEWER ones. If I found older ones, I wouldn't have this problem :p

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
It started when I upgraded to 91.31, so I just need to find older drivers... I can't remember which ones I had before this though...

h.pocus

Jan 20, 2008
if theres no reason to upgrade the driver... then roll it back see if it fixes the problem, if you do need the update you could always try another program like fraps to take a screenshot. not sure if that will fix your problem or not, but thats what i would do.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Since 91.31 is the latest, I can't say I have. :p

I did manage to find the 56.72 driver installation on my computer, which is very strange because I usually delete installers I don't think I'll ever need again like that. That time, I didn't... and it's a damn good thing I didn't.

I've got it installed,I just hope it doesn't cause problems again (some things don't like being downgraded.)

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
If you continue to have trouble, you could uninstall the old drivers and use a driver cleaner utility to completely remove the remnants, before installing the older version.

Guru3d.com keeps an archive of current and older video card drivers, in case you need to find multiple versions to try.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Actually it's fixed without even having to do that, and I posted a screenshot in the UT2K4 forum just now. :)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
I had to check the date of your post after that comment, I was sure I'd find you'd posted it back in 2006.

169.21 are the latest WHQL'd ones (assuming XP), unless I'm missing something here? :con:

Well, I run windows 2000, and when I search for "fx5200 drivers", the first search takes me to a link for 91.31. So that's where I got the idea.

I'm using the 56.72's anyway, they at least don't mess everything up.

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
Ah, I see. There's the 93.71's for 2k, but they're only slightly newer @ Nov. '06.

Have you tried installing XP drivers? They do, on occasion, work fine, and many newer drivers (official or modded) actually state both 2000 & XP. See here or here.