Review: Redeemer 2k3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jesco

Jul 7, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
forums.beyondunreal.com
[ Transcript of review for Redeemer 2k3 | Posted by Shuri on 2003-07-01 | Score: 8.5 ]
One of the main selling points of UT2003 was it's visuals - when it was released it was the best looking game around, and it is still has great graphics. The effects are amazing at times, and many of the weapons received a complete makeover from their UT1 variants - especially the redeemer. While the redeemer had a fairly boring explosion in UT1, this completely changed in the new game - a big lense flare at the point of impact which grew wider, then a huge shockwave style explosion. The guided fire viewport is also enhanced, with tinted view, fading edges and numbers down the side.

Despite the name, this is a mutator for UT1 - which is a relief, as they are becoming rarer and rarer nowadays. What does it do? Well, quite simply, it makes the redeemer use the UT2003 effects. These are such a visual improvement over the normal effects, and I have to congratulate Wormbo for how good it looks - I wouldn't have thought it would look this good in the old engine. While obviously not quite as good as in UT2003, it's pretty close.

This does make me want one thing in particular - a full mod bringing the UT2003 weapons to UT1. I won't get it, but I can always dream while playing this :)

If you don't have UT2003, or if you have it and still play UT1, you should check this out - it doesn't effect gameplay in any way, and it really does look great.

-Shuriken