geforce questions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dizasta

Apr 21, 2000
Visit site
I'm gonna have about $250 of christmas cash to spend on a new video card and I'm considering the Asus V770 Pure. I was just looking for opinions about this card and problems I might run in to.

I currently have an Athlon 500 sitting on the motherboard that came in this PC (compaq), 256 MB ram, and a Voodoo 3 in the 2x AGP slot. I am probably going to upgrade to an Asus A7v mobo and the 1GHz athlon somewhere down the road.

Are there any issues running this vid card on an athlon based system?
Is there a big difference in today's games when running a Geforce2 at 2x AGP instead of 4x?
S3TC textures....can you use them on a geforce2 (think I read somewhere you could with a new opengl driver)?
Is this card a POS? hehe If so can you recommend me one in my price range....pref. geforce based?

JuiceEggsMcKenna

MC68060/50
Aug 31, 2000
Australia
clivebarker.net
aSuS V7700 0wnZ j00

I've got a 7700 and I love it. I have an Athlon 750 and an ASUS K7V (VIA KX133 chipset).

No issues with the card, it works great. Unfortunately I don't have anything to compare it too, so I can't say for sure if it is the best buy. Consider getting the version with TV-out if it's not much more expensive. I think it has VR glasses too, that could be interesting...

I haven't managed to oc mine because I don't have enough cooling (yet) but a friend of mine with the same card managed to gain about 100 3dmarks by clocking the memory up 10% if that's your sort of thing :)