Wolfenstein: The New Order

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Teaser:

[M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6opaIl8h8U[/M]

Gamespot Hands On:

http://www.gamespot.com/wolfenstein...tein-the-new-order-6408067/?tag=Topslot;Slot1

Might be a good chance that these guys will make a game that is a bit of a throwback to the good days of running and gunning over-the-top shooters. The 'sprint', 'slide' and 'bit of cover' elements worry me, but this could turn into something good (which has been lacking in the FPS area in recent years).

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Around the level of Hard Reset or Serious Sam 3? No betting with Bethesda around

The GameSpot preview is a bunch of words. Waiting for proper vids.
At least they'll be focusing on SP only.

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
Yeah not terribly optimistic about this one. There's no way it'll be as fun as RTCW was for its time and I've never even heard of the developers. Still, I'm keeping my eye on this in case it turns out they have some fresh ideas.

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'll wait for the reviews, which I do now with every game coming out. Surprised it's not done by id or even Raven...guess it's 100% Bethsada property.

TBH, I'm glad it's single player since I don't play online on pub games anymore. That and MP on the last Wolfenstein game was a complete waste on all levels. (Thank goodness for ET:Wolfenstein). Alt-history story could be interesting, Nazi's conquering the world with powerful tech, since it sounds like the Astrostein mod for Doom II.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Well, the previous developers were part of the company that made the Riddick game as well as Darkness 1 & 2, which did get good reviews. Again, it is just a teaser, so when some gameplay comes out in the coming months we will see whether it is trending towars a classic shoot em up or just another generic shooter.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Riddick, Wolfenstein, and Darkness 1 were developed by Starbreeze, a Swedish Developer. Darkness 2 was developed by Digital Extremes.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I think they're going for that fighting-in-a-nightmare sort of feeling. If so, it should be incredibly good.

*sigh* If only we could decide how good a game would be just by looking at a teaser.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
So far from what I'm reading in previews:
1. It's completely linear
2. Cutscenes there and there
3. Main character talks and has a crappy voice
4. The robots are terrible

You can dual wielding Shotguns though, and the graphics are overall good. Gameplay is mediocre and nothing special. Still waiting for a damn vid.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004

Yep, every triple A games out there right! The publisher/Creative Director will toss you in a pit of shame until the team's agreement (in other words, job agreement) to contribute with a bunch of Cutscenes in linear corridor action. After you play kick starter games you start to seriously realize nearly every x3 A games goes with this concept they think is absolutely NECESSARY.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
3. Main character talks and has a crappy voice
4. The robots are terrible
1. So was Wolfenstein 3D, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Bioshock, Half Life 2, etc.
2. So?
3. That was done on purpose.
4. Well that's just, like, your opinion, man. Personally, I think they're pretty kewl.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
1. So was Wolfenstein 3D, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Bioshock, Half Life 2, etc.
2. So?
3. That was done on purpose.
4. Well that's just, like, your opinion, man. Personally, I think they're pretty kewl.

1. Like some of those games you listed, it could be backed off with decent gameplay.
2. Forgot this was a triple A shooter, sorry.
3. I agree this was a dumb complaint, Hard Reset voice acting was horrible too but I didn't mind.
4. From what I've read they act like stronger humans with huge amount of HP which most probably makes them a chore to fight unless they have some decent AI or different attack modes. Nothing is hinted at that, however.

Those little gameplay sections in the video don't seem to be inspiring at all.

Last edited: