Yet another airsoft thread....but with springers!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
Yes, finally after over a year w/o airsoft im back, and now, springin it baby. Thats right i moved from AEG to springers, and not even a rifle springer, im getting a UHC HW M9 tomorrow, thatll beat the TM m9 ebb anyday.

why goto springers? more skill required, and very cheap. there are springer tournaments me and my friends want to get into once we've perfected our tactics.

so enough bout me, what u think bout springers?

oh, and i actually turned down a chance to buy this Gas TM HK mk23 for the springer. Its gonna be that cool

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
well of course, it'll beat the electric blow back... they only have 4 AAA powering it along with the fact that it does have the blowback action which takes up most of the juice.

The one springer I really love is the sig sauer 226, fairly powerful, good weight, and I have the real version so its great to practice with.

I just hope you don't plan on taking that gun into battle though, or youre in for a major beating.

Sweep

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Every springer I've ever handled/shot was a bit fat POS (other than the "sniper rifles"). I don't know why you'd want to play with one. Might as well throw the BBs. I don't see how it requires more skill, your range and accuracy are pretty much totally random since they are not very consistent. You'd have to be incredibly lucky to ever "kill" anyone that had a AEG and wasn't totally inept...

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Sweep, I have a TM Glock 17 HGHU Springer and let me tell you, it does fire really far and is quite precise, about the same thing as a stock AEG. We made a match, two guys with springer against a GBB and we won.

Anyway, the part about the skill is a bit lame, it's not because you have an upgraded AEG that you're good on the field, far from that. Yes, its a different gameplay but both needs skills. A newbie with an AEG will just spray and pray, I'm sure I could pick one up with the G17.

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
first off, its nice, and heavy, and i clocked it at 265fps. i also bought a pistol case that has a target built into the top part of it, and managed to hit the bullseye at 30m. btw total cost: $31.28, thats with the hard pistol case that comes with a built in target (sticky, but u can put a paper one on top and know what you shot) and 200 .12 high grade pistol bbs.
---------------------------------------------------------------

well, i can see shrapnl's point on that. its a differnt style, ill agree, i just think the style itself is harder, but thats my opinion.

and yes you do have to cock it everytime, but i have used one that cocks once and shoots the entire 25bbs in the mag. it used som sort of multiple spring system....wierd.

i did say in my post id be playing springer only matches, and no i will not get raped by an aeg, it isnt the first time ive used a springer, and considering i even clocked it today at 265fps, (what the stock TM HK sg1 claims,) thatll match an aeg in power. as for aiming, i can cheaply extend the barrel to about a foot long with nor problem, but i hit bullseye at 30m w/ it, so im fairly comfortable i can do well with it.
-----------------

edit: let me throw in why i left aegs, well the point is, to much modding, and playing with people, like me, who had ungodly weapons. i modded tm mp5 a4 and pdw to stage IV, as well as made a m9 ebb shoot a nice 350fps (all custom work however, pretty much a new body was involved for the m9) and i wasnt the only one with this stuff either, ive seen overmodded g3's sg1's aks, even p90s. i realized after selling my stuff how that was becoming well, to much. ever wonder what a .3g bb feels like at 450fps?

now before you say anything, i know several places will not allow people to play with that much power, but i played mostly in unoffical scrimmages. now i just want to be able to play more of a single shot game. Infact i know play a game in which using an entire mag is equivalent to being shot in the head.

Last edited:

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Well the problem is your fields ;)

Seriously, airsoft really change depends on where you play, I seen pictures of players in Great Britain ( I could dig them up if you want ) and its litterally paintball with airsoft guns, snapshooting, bright colors. The AEG in their hand is out of place. At some other place, well it may be like at your place. Where we play, AEG are limited to 400 fps with .20, Sniper to 450 fps with .20. The game is really more tactics and you need a lot of concentration for not being killed...and killing. Most of the time I play without thinking and get killed pretty fast, but I killed 3 vets at my second game when I figured a plan and put it in action. :) And you modified an EBB ??? WHY ? those are the kinds of guns where you must be inside the barrel to be hit. I prefer a springer to an EBB.

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
lol, the ebb was cheaper than the springer! and it wasnt to hard, i eventually just remade the damed thing, the only thing it kept was the original barrel, which was later extended by a fake SOCOM suprressor.