Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
This Krieg character is pretty slow starting out but JD shared some videos of some ridiculous high-level builds with him. I guess I'll stick with him and hope Gearbox doesn't patch out the fun before I get to that level ;)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
This Krieg character is pretty slow starting out but JD shared some videos of some ridiculous high-level builds with him. I guess I'll stick with him and hope Gearbox doesn't patch out the fun before I get to that level ;)
I'm pretty sure they will. It feels like Gearbox doesn't care as much about a fun experience as opposed to their experience in this game. It's rather disappointing.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I probably won't be getting Krieg simply because I've already played through the main story at least 6 times now. Game is fun but dear god it's fucking mind numbing hearing the same jokes, listening to the same ECHOs, doing the same stuff over and over

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I probably won't be getting Krieg simply because I've already played through the main story at least 6 times now. Game is fun but dear god it's fucking mind numbing hearing the same jokes, listening to the same ECHOs, doing the same stuff over and over
I found after playing through three times I didn't even need sound anymore. :p

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net

This. I've played with three different groups of friends, one set have gone through to the end of TVH, one all the way through UVH, and the last just through the story the first time. I don't want to play the game a seventh time - this is why I really don't get why the Krieg DLC even exists this long after the game came out.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
The audio I can easily tune out, it's mostly the side missions that annoy me the most, especially since most don't give you jack shit for all the running around you just did.
Exp is useless when you're 61, eridium is junk unless you like fighting Dexi a lot, and cash is almost as useless when you barely ever dip below 70mil

I am looking forward to Dragon's Keep, but mostly for the "Hey, new shit to obliterate", but if Gearbox really wants to rake in the cash, they'll offer a DLC that facking increases backpack/bank sizes to BL1 maximums

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I found after playing through three times I didn't even need sound anymore. :p

Same here. I don't even bother putting on the headphones.

I am looking forward to Dragon's Keep, but mostly for the "Hey, new shit to obliterate", but if Gearbox really wants to rake in the cash, they'll offer a DLC that facking increases backpack/bank sizes to BL1 maximums

Could be a good time to play through with a new Psycho. ;)

On a related note, I wish Gearbox had gone a slightly different route with all of this. After playing through the full game one time, you should have the option to play a completely open game where you choose any mission, regardless of story arc... and it should carry over to any character you choose to start that way.

Either that or make the required "story" missions very short and to the point so you could plow through it immediately like Oblivion or just pick and choose whatever entertained you. In fact, I'd love to see Borderlands 3 take a more open route - Skyrim in Pandora with 4 player co-op.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
if Gearbox really wants to rake in the cash, they'll offer a DLC that facking increases backpack/bank sizes to BL1 maximums
I've given up on this. Gearbox clearly doesn't give a crap about the end game. They say they do and they listen to morons on their forums that are Internet White Knights Society, but seem to completely ignore all the other people who want a bank that can hold just about anything and don't really care that much about backpack space.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Ya, the bank being smaller than your backpack makes absolutely no sense. You can carry up to 33 items on your person(doesn't matter if 33 relics or 33 Norfleets) with no obvious storage method(at least not consistently obvious), yet a bank vault which I assume is the size of a rather small apartment can only hold 16

Then there's GBX's bullshit excuses about the gimped backpack size, some horse shit about people were getting confused by ~70 slots so they shrank it to be more "efficient", and then they fuck up the UI and make it harder to compare similar loot
And let's not forget that instead of simple pictures for the items, they actually use scaled down models of said item. Anything more than ~50 items and the UI will actually lag until it loads up every model.

What also irks me is the raid bosses. GBX has them as side missions, but designed them for full 4-man coop, even going so far as setting up triggers to bump the difficulty scaling to 4 man, even if there isn't 4 man(walk up to Hyperius' door, difficulty will be punted up to 4 man levels and will not go down until you reload the character)
On top of that, there's barely much of a strategy beyond "beat the shit out of them before they beat the shit out of you"
Take Terra. Yes he has 2 spots of cover(not counting the bugrock), but he can still hit you through them and he can also destroy them, and with how Terra is positioned, if he hits you through the rock, there's a good chance you'll just fly off the edge

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS

Yeah and the unskippable intros for anything and everything.

This. I've played with three different groups of friends, one set have gone through to the end of TVH, one all the way through UVH, and the last just through the story the first time. I don't want to play the game a seventh time - this is why I really don't get why the Krieg DLC even exists this long after the game came out.

To milk dumbasses who feel the need to pay $10 bucks for a damn character. Be smart with your wallets gentleman and ladies

I've given up on this. Gearbox clearly doesn't give a crap about the end game. They say they do and they listen to morons on their forums that are Internet White Knights Society, but seem to completely ignore all the other people who want a bank that can hold just about anything and don't really care that much about backpack space.

I hate to keep bringing this up but.....The Bee. They are listening to the wrong bitches. Lets nerf something that actually made the game not a chore to get through on harder settings.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Supposedly you can add the name of every video to the "skippablemovie" portion of the INI's, but I'd say it's more hassle than it's worth

As for Krieg, there's reports on GBX forums that the melee boost from BAR is not being applied to his buzzaxe along with other issues(little to no interest in Krieg, so not paying much attention to it)

Last edited:

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Indeed. I obviously have a very different definition of 'season pass' to 2k. Having the season pass, but still having to pay for the other twenty pieces of DLC is somewhat shitty. I basically only saved £3 so far.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
To be fair though, they were very upfront about the fact that there would be additional DLC outside the Season Pass. They very explicitly stated that the Season Pass would include only four story-driven additions.

I still really love the game. But the problems are there for sure. The stuff Kyllian mentioned is spot-on. I have yet to play and beat a raid boss outside of Terra because they're all but impossible for solo players (that don't have VERY specific gear). I'd rather them concentrate on scaled, skilled fights... even if it means scaling down the loot slightly.

The backpack thing is dumb, but is hostage to the "billions of guns" idea. There's no real way to take billions of pictures of models to integrate into the GUI, is there? Maybe a way to snap a shot of guns as they are picked up? Who knows? The size is not so irritating as the fact that it takes way too long to compare stuff. They've really got to find a way to accurately and quickly compare multiple pieces of loot in the next game, or at least spend a few bucks implementing a separate PC GUI.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The game is still great to be sure, I just wish Gearbox cared more about the people who like the game and don't have 100 hours a week to spend playing it and tweaking builds.

Kyllian

Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
"Krieg is not part of the Borderlands 2 Season Pass"

It seems to defeat the purpose of a season pass if there is DLC not included in it.
Gaige is the same, except you got her for free if you pre-ordered(didn't cost any extra)
But ya, :|

The backpack thing is dumb, but is hostage to the "billions of guns" idea. There's no real way to take billions of pictures of models to integrate into the GUI, is there?
Not each individual combination, but then again, they don't have "billions" of models, the only truly unique parts are the gun body/magazine(maker specific), the barrel/grip/stock/optic are all recycled with different skins(even Legendary/Pearl/Seraph/etc recycle these parts)
You can't see fine details on the UI meshes anyway, so they probably could just do something similar with pics and throw a shader or something over top

I have yet to play and beat a raid boss outside of Terra because they're all but impossible for solo players (that don't have VERY specific gear).
Ya, unless you're taking one on co-op, you need extremely specific gear and if you really want to solo a raid boss, more times than not you might as well just run Sal with a slag Rubi in offhand and a DP Harold in main(I prefer an Infinity because you never stop to reload and missed shots mean nothing)

This is similar to the build I use on Sal: http://www.bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#535050501515055010315100000000000
There's a bug with GetSome and KeepItPipingHot where if you're still zerking past the "normal" amount of time, and the cooldown starts, GetSome activating will also activate KiPH
Gear I use on boss raids:
Relic: Sheriff's Badge
Shield: Bee or RoughRider shield
Nade: slag Bouncing Bonny(Terra), slag singularity(Pete/Gee/Hyperius bots)
ClassMod: Suave Renegade or Auspiscious Raider(blue rarity. Renegade for Infinity, Raider for DPUH)
Raider class mod kind of breaks the RoughRider(lists no shield instead of 0), but supposedly the RR causes Inconcievable to proc more often, which is good for DPUH as you end up with a ~1000% boost from MoneyShot if it procs on the last shot(skill description is off, you actually get more boost if the mag size is 12 or above)

The game is still great to be sure, I just wish Gearbox cared more about the people who like the game and don't have 100 hours a week to spend playing it and tweaking builds.
Why do you think I said fuck it long ago and use Gibbed/CE

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
There's no real way to take billions of pictures of models to integrate into the GUI, is there?

Text worked great. Was more easily readable, more items on the screen, didn't leave you vulnerable while loading, and didn't bug out if you "scrolled too quickly". Functionality and speed were casualties to design and usability was compromised in favor of making it look prettier. In terms of interface iterations, a 180 on principal priorities.

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I didn't expect mush more than what I got from this game. It's more of the same with some enhancements and, in my opinion, a better weapons balance allowing for some fun fire fights. And you get some snow...........

Yes; the whole backpack issue is the same as with BL1 and I'm only so far along in the game (Commando Level 14) that I have yet to find more weapons banks as the ones in Sanctuary are inadequately small and limited as far as storage goes.

If you want some fun, arcade-style run and gun FPS action this game is for you.

I'm enjoying it.