The Elder Scrolls Online

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
I'll be more interested once these things become clear:
-No subscription
-Plays like an Elder Scrolls game. I want Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim with multiplayer, not another WoW or Guild Wars clone.

Edit: grammarz

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I am guessing it will go free to play in less than a year and be even buggier than the buggiest Bethesda game. Seriously I don't see this turning out well at all.

If they make it free to play, then it better have as much content as a normal Elder Scrolls game should have. I refuse to get it if it does have a sub model.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Why don't people realize F2P is bad and ruins games? We have yet to see if it even works for GW2. I don't see how it will. :hmm:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
First game was heavily instanced and imo didn't even qualify as an mmo. Also I didn't like it. :p Not saying I expect to like this one, or that I expect to like any mmos even. They have just gotten worse and worse over the years. :(

I'm curious how their financing works though. How will they pay for servers for a persistent world when people just pay the one time price?

Edit 1:

Oh yeah, another reason why it worked for the first is because of the frequent expansions people paid for. If they do that for GW2 too it would suck because that just fractures the community and it's basically just a subscription in disguise. That would just go on the list of why F2P is bad. :(

Edit 2:

Heh, I just found out Guild Wars had micro-transactions and GW2 will too. Shitty F2P system most likely confirmed. (I won't fully judge until I see how it all pans out, but I doubt it will be anything I like)

Last edited:

Lodev

Sep 3, 2000
Belgium
Oblivion and Skyrim are awesome games in their genre.

MMORPGs are nice.

But I'd find it shame if a team that makes such great single-player RPG games, jumps on the multiplayer bandwagon, leaving the single-player genre with less awesome games :(

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Some of the screenshots give me the impression they're changing the gameplay to be more like a generic MMORPG. I don't really have high hopes for this at all.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Why don't people realize F2P is bad and ruins games? We have yet to see if it even works for GW2. I don't see how it will. :hmm:

They may ruin games for you in particular, but F2P actually increased revenue for a lot of former subscription based MMOs that went freemium.

Also GW and GW2 have no subscription fees but they're not F2P.

As for an Elder Scrolls MMO...eh. Apparently it's going to be a generic fantasy WoW clone structure and I don't see how that will possibly be more interesting than what Guild Wars 2 will be doing.

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
Edit 2:

Heh, I just found out Guild Wars had micro-transactions and GW2 will too. Shitty F2P system most likely confirmed. (I won't fully judge until I see how it all pans out, but I doubt it will be anything I like)

For GW1 micro-transactions meant getting cool costumes that just made you look cool, and being able to change how your toon looks like.

GW2 has alot more microtransactions, but disguised by the fact you buy gems which you can exchange for in game rewards or ability to change worlds. I can not say how much impact the gems will have untill the final game is released.