Dishonored

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Part steampunk, victorian era craziness, and a bit of half-life's Combine thrown in there make up the general art style of this game, recently revealed at QuakeCon 2011.

Dishonored

Dishonored-game-bethesda-screenshot-570x364.jpg

Untitled20.jpg

Theme is interesting, but I don't know how it will play out.

Last edited:

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
They're talking up this game a lot and it did make an interesting read yesterday.
It's promising a lot but I'll believe it when I see it.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Well, here's the full video trailer to the game and I must say, it looks absolutely awesome.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IyDvT7XpaBc#![/M]

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
Dear Bethesda,

Your prisoner fetish has become pretty blatant. You may want to tone it down juuuust a smidge.

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
While it may have been a CG trailer, it showcased some of the basic concepts present in the game. I'm sure some of it would be up to speculation (such as first person parkour), most CG trailers do provide some idea as to what mechanics or features are in the game. Take a look at the screenshots in the OP. First person perspective is very likely the route they are taking, as well as integrated first-person melee combat. Hopefully they do capture the feel of swinging blades appropriately.

I'm interested to see how its development cycle comes along, as I'm sure that the screenshots in the OP were pretty early on, they also had some hideous aliasing going on.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
What are your thoughts on prerendered cinematics in game to tell parts of the story?
that's obviously fine.
but that's different than what I'm getting at.

I have nothing against cutscenes. this is about trailers.
if you are previewing an upcoming game to its potential audience then please use actual gameplay footage because prerendered cinema doesn't tell me anything. and it doesn't really show me anything.

now see this is a much better start.
at least we're actually seeing the product. it's not gameplay yet but it's ingame.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Absolutely love the style. I just hope they don't ruin it in execution like Hunted.

Vaskadar

Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Some reviews are rolling out from major sites. They're recommending it and I've bought it. Pre-load has finished and I'm pretty psyched about the game. Knowing myself, I'll take the time the first time around to get really immersed in the game.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I tried it at Eurogamer and wasn't overly impressed. I found that the powers in the demo were far too OTT, and as such the game lacked any kind of challenge whatsoever.