AS-Frigate: How did Shane make that ships hull?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rahnem

War Room Groupie
Feb 25, 2000
Australia
www.ozunreal.com
I was wondering if anyone knows how shane claude made the hull in AS-FRIGATE. I considered using the 2D editor but hull changes in radius toward the front and end of the ship. Can anyone help?

I need it for my map CTF-Tanker:

Tanker2.gif

------------------
"And the blood was sprinkled on the ground where nothing could grow, the Children of the Dragon did spring up, the People of the Dragon, armed to dance with death. And he did call them forth from the wasted lands, and they did shake to world with battle.

- from The Wheel of Time by Sulamein so Bhagad
Chief Historian at the Court of the Sun, the Fourth Age"

Rahnem's Unreal Tournament
The People of the Dragon
Unreal Engine

[This message has been edited by Rahnem (edited 03-18-2000).]

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Most likely the outer shell was created in a modeling program like 3D Studio Max. The rest of he insides were then carved out in UnrealEd.

obi wan kaNEWBIE

Feb 4, 2000
Visit site
You could do a good job on the ships hull by using the 2D editor and them adjusting a few vertices. If you do so, be sure to save your map under a new game as strange and unrecoverable errors can crop up.

S

Silencermvm

If you just need the one peice why don't you just select on the hull itself in a 2D view and right-click on the shape and select Copy Polygons to Brush. Then export the brush. Save it. Open up your level. And import it.

Rahnem

War Room Groupie
Feb 25, 2000
Australia
www.ozunreal.com
The tanker is a lot longer and built differently (eg. the Tanker needs to be long and squarish not rounded)

I tried to build it using multipule brushes but I get some real trippen HOM effect when I attach the nose part. Every time I work with real tight angles I always get HOM effects.

Oh if you have CTF-Gateways look out for the two HUGE holes in the surrounding brush. I don't know how they could have been missed. I rebuilt the level and the holes disapper...strange.

bullet2.gif

"And the blood was sprinkled on the ground where nothing could grow, the Children of the Dragon did spring up, the People of the Dragon, armed to dance with death. And he did call them forth from the wasted lands, and they did shake to world with battle.

- from The Wheel of Time by Sulamein so Bhagad
Chief Historian at the Court of the Sun, the Fourth Age"

Rahnem's Unreal Tournament
The People of the Dragon
Unreal Engine