Walking/running problem in LAN game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nu1oh

Jan 20, 2004
Did anyone experience this?

In a LAN game (local war works fine) the player stops every 10 or so metres when walking or running, the walking animation continues but he doesn't actually move but stays where he is as if he was stuck. This keeps repeating on and on so that the game is totally unplayable. Ping time is <1ms.

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
No, I've seen this one before (damned if I can remember the fix though). How are you starting your server? Do you create a listen server in-game, create a dedicated server through the menus or do you use command line? Command line is always the safest bet if you're having problems.

Vennge

Dec 3, 2010
Moscow Russia
i've got the same problem during LAN play (when i was playing through internet everything was ok). i'm running and sometimes stuck in air. everybody around moves normally and i'm stuck in the air for few seconds.
we're playing on dedicated server which started with ucc.exe

Ocsi88

Jul 20, 2009
Hello \o/

Hmm, are the anims too fast?

I had this problem while playing on a server, when Inf detected smaller CPU freq(Cool'n'Quiet reduced it) at starting (you can see that on the starting console, that you can enable with -log command line parameter) and the game ran faster.

I solved this by turning off Cool'n'Quiet.

Jun 10, 2020
how did u guys launch a listen server, mine crash just after launch. is something due to server packages, cuz if I disable all of them, the lan server works fine