A blue ball waiting for me

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
T

Terminal {DTH}

farmer, if youre in a pub First you need to figure out if yould be better as a runner or defender. whenever possible if going after the flag follow someone or make sure they aer following YOu for backup. you may have noticed while its not to hard to Get the flag generally... it can be very hard to KEEP it if you dont have someone to take the heat off your back a bit. I'll cover someone if i see em going after the flag. sometimes they get there first and i engage enemy following and sometimes they engage a guy near the base and I take the flag. its all good. =]

REeeE{skullface}

p-REeeE-dictable
Feb 28, 2001
SF, CA
Visit site
El Gatito, no got DSL a week ago. sooo sweet. My game improved dramatically, but i found out that the players who were beating me are still beating me...why you ask? because they were beating me with prediction, map knowlege and weapon management...not lag/ping/fr wahtever. but i do love 80 pings ;)

REEeeee

REeeE{skullface}

p-REeeE-dictable
Feb 28, 2001
SF, CA
Visit site
not reayly, actually, I have stopped using the shock for a while (unless in a 1on1) because i have become too depant on it and get rocked. go figure. if you ever see me in a DM FFA, when i am trying new things i play under TheOmen|PuF.

Reee

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
LOL @ NSFY

Originally posted by farmerx
I'm a DM'er trying to switch over to CTF for my carpe imperium buds... i can kill some things, but i cant translocate across the whole map like them, and I cant co-ordinate anything... and I dont know what I should be doing most of the time, so I stand still and, ( much like a bot ) dont move until something starts shooting at me

oh yeah... i basically live in the left hand side lava pit in bollwerk
Ohh that makes me feel so much better...cos you're a way better player than I..and I do the exact same thing in CTF. Glad to know I'm not the only one who can't seem to figure out what to do. Must be DM2CTFosis or something.
Reeee I dunno if this helps but everytime I find myself in a rut...ie right now...I start to think about what I do wrong...and start thinking during the game. Typically this is bad cos it slows you down but eventually that new thinking ends up becoming second nature to you and you stop making those mistakes.
So basically a step back to go two forward.

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
Terminal, I am sorry you don't like people translocating all over the place. I am not sure where you play CTF, but on the servers I frequent, xloc'ing (like a madman) is the norm.

As an HPB trying to avoid sniper h0's on Face and Hydro, I really have no choice but to xloc as damn fast as I can, and as often as I can. It's a matter of survival. If I can xloc to the enemy shield belt on Hydro, then being fully ammo'd and belted, I have a much greater chance on escaping than I would otherwise.

Farmer... Don't sweat it... u just need praccy with CTF... it's a different game then DM, but u use the same tools... You will improve.

Try to stay aware of what is happening in-game...

Teammates positions, Where your FC is, where the Enemy FC is,
know the maps, the powerups, the choke points... CTF is more than DM, it's a thinking man's game.

Last edited:
T

Terminal {DTH}

no offence ment but im sure you can understand when i say that im glad i dont play those servers.

altho the other day i Was on a some pub or another when some attacker was trying to get Past me to the flag using that tatic, i must say, it was VERy satisfying to still blast him into kibbles.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, that's the way to handle it Terminal. Don't play on those servers with the x-loc enabled.

I understand what you're saying. I do enjoy a game now and then with no x-loc, but in the end... most servers have it enabled and you have to use it very well if it's available.

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
Re: It's very sad.

Originally posted by No Soup For You
It doesn't take long to go from Virginville to Blue Ball :(

You need to take the senic route through Intercourse. Or Bird-in-Hand if you're more inclined to driving solo. :D

No Soup For You

I got your PM right HERE!
Navigating PA

el Gato said:
You need to take the senic route through Intercourse. Or Bird-in-Hand if you're more inclined to driving solo.
I'm pretty sure that if you go through Intercourse proper, it is difficult to get to Blue Ball. Now if you just go to the outskirts of Intercourse, you probably will find Blue Ball no problem :D

Oh yeah! You know that's right!

T

Terminal {DTH}

listen to experaince

generally but certianally not always.
If, for instance, youre going through intercourse on a very good day, and yas feel So good there ya just keep going and going, IF you keep going to the point whare you run out of fluid... You my freind are going to stop by blue ball before you go home. ;)