A bit quiet in here

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RevBillyG

Taking over the world.
Nov 10, 1999
So, since not much seems to be happening lately, what have you been up to?

For myself, I've finally got a job after a year of unemployment.
I'm working in a call centre now. Terrible pay, but good people and it's better than nothing :)

Also, I've joined the team that are remaking the classic Descent game in UDK. I'm primarily a modeller (making wall panels at the moment.) The quality of work there is terribly high so it's really making me push myself to make something descent.
http://preparefordescent.com/

How about you guys?

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Seriously my life is a ridiculous loop like:

traineeship-work-unemployment
and again and again..... (I guess in 5years I would have done all rotten jobs of this world)

Sorry I have nothing more to say about it: I hate working. End of story.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Yeah, work sucks but sitting at home doesn't pay so well :p
Sitting at home sounds better than studying... :eek: I've always been asked to work for a lot of hours, in addition to the daily classes... for no wage, of course (in fact, it's you who has to pay the enrolment fee every year! \o/).

Just one more project to do and I'll be done with slavery the architecture degree. It'll most likely take a whole year to finish, though... :rolleyes:

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Sitting at home sounds better than studying... :eek:
Be sitting at home is not the only thing we can do when we don't work....have you ever try to do sport?:p

---------

I have worked in a hospital during 4 months and all these white walls...were so cold and inhuman but so inspiring in the same time: I cannot stay 1 min in front of a white paper without feeling inspiration; as a desert: some people lose hope and hapiness just by seeing one...damm! desert is a place where you can put everything you imagine, a place where everything is to create, everything!

(yeah this is how I transform boring info into philosophical debate :D ...even if in a hospital, walls aren't the problem, coworkers are)

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Also, I've joined the team that are remaking the classic Descent game in UDK. I'm primarily a modeller (making wall panels at the moment.) The quality of work there is terribly high so it's really making me push myself to make something descent.
http://preparefordescent.com/

Hey, that's awesome. So many people have brought up Descent clones in UE3 for so long, glad someone is finally doing something about it :)

I for one have been kept pretty busy with my job at an insurance software company. It's a good place, and it pays the bills and keeps me, my wife, and all my animals fed. With me finding my spare time coming in smaller chunks than it used to, I have been either playing some games, or doing very small prototype builds of game concepts. I even open up the JB code once a month or so! :D Also had several gardening projects and one arduino project under my belt this year.

In short, life is busy but good!

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
I spent the last months at home, trying to get back in shape after a two weeks hospital stay due to a stupid shower accident. :(
Hopefully I'll be able to pick up actual work for money again in the next weeks.

In the meantime, many green pigs have died during the first weeks, but I also worked on some vehicles, weapons and other things for the Onslaught folks at Omnipotents and CEONSS and the UT2004 community in general. The last few days have also seen an increasing number of worm deaths as I started playing Worms Armageddon again. :D
Current projects are a vehicle called "Draco" (a flamethrowing Cicada with two Napalm Rocket turrets - courtesy of Descent 3) and a thorough renovation of "ONS-OmahaBeach-)o(-V2-beta3a" (gosh, what a map name...)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
*kicks away the tumbleweed*

I've been busy. Since I last did much JB stuff I've moved house twice. Got a kid and a cat, in that order. Working as a web developer and feels like I'm busy all the time. I don't have much time for gaming these days, let alone modding or mapping.

I pop by and check on the PJB site every few months. It went totally quiet for a long time -- all of 2011 and most of 2012!!! -- but it's nice to see a few new posts appearing, and that people are still around on the forum :)

Feels like a whole lifetime ago though...