A Steam Group For All Things Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BigSpeck

Aug 1, 2011
Hey there, I have set up three multiplayer servers as well as a steam group to set up matches for Unreal Tournament 1999, 2004, and 3. If you’re interested in playing with us, then make sure you READ THIS WHOLE POST carefully. My User Name: BigSpeck - Steam Group Name: Speck's Unreal /V/idya. Make sure to add me on your friends list, this way I can easily contact you when I set up a few matches for us to play. You do not need the steam version to play with us, but having steam makes it easier for me to contact you when a match is going.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/specksunreal

I've been hosting for nearly a year now, and my group is steadily growing. In my efforts to rekindle people's love for Unreal Tournament, I've begun reaching out to forums, old clans, and map creators in order to spread the word virtually, and hopefully by word of mouth. I only wish I could alert everybody who was a fan of Unreal, because most of them probably don't frequent these websites anymore.

Anyway, for those of you interested, you can email me, join the group, ask questions here, anything. I'll check back later to see if I get an audience here.

Also, I host vanilla and modded versions of both UT99 and UT2004. The modded versions have Jailbreak as an additional gametype.

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
Lot of players who are still playing UT99 and ut2k4 are (mostly) purists, and purists dont have steam installed.
I am one of them.
What do you propose? :D

Bloodyboy

UT3 JB Mapper
Jan 18, 2010
France
With steam, when I click on Unrealtournament.exe, steam begins, request logins, search update, displays offers and Unrealtournament begins.

Without steam, when I click on Unrealtournament.exe, Unrealtournament begins.

CQFD

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The guy was only suggesting Steam as a way to meet up, not that you should buy UT through Steam.

BigSpeck

Aug 1, 2011
This is why I said to read the post carefully.

I didn't tell any of you to buy the steam version.

I didn't tell you to launch UT99/UT2004 through steam.

I don't launch UT99 or UT2004 through steam.

All I said was that having steam makes it easy to contact everyone when we get a game going. We have 230 people in the group and I'd say about 95% of them don't launch the game through steam.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Joined in the hope there are more australians & nz'ers about... am in aus, been hosting my own ut99 server every second night and playing with some nz mates for the past few weeks. Just started playing JBIII (humans vs bots) and everyone's loving it... I remember now why JB inspired me to start mapping :)

BigSpeck

Aug 1, 2011
My server is back and bigger than ever! We now have 317 members and we're growing slowly but surely, the group is much more organized now, and I'm finding ways to make it better each day.

Right now my biggest project is to get several members to set up their own servers within the group itself.

Hopefully this will get some interest.

Here's a video of the group playing together. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FabawToobOY&feature=related

Last edited:

BigSpeck

Aug 1, 2011
We play both UT99 and UT2004. I'm trying to get UT3 to take off but it doesn't seem there's that many people willing to play.

BigSpeck

Aug 1, 2011
The latest version, 436. I manually throw the server up at specific times.

Last edited: