Role Call

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I do. More when I'm developing something on it, though.

OT: Is it just me, or is there really a hardly readable "Not Found" line at the top of the forums here?..

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
This game engine is so nice for modding (and does not require the "super time intensive/full-time job" artwork level of UT3/UDK to look good) that this is what I plan on sticking with until I tire of gaming altogether.

Its a pity that for all the fantastic technical abilities of UT3/UDK (though a lot of those features are solely due to the fact that modern PC hardware can finally support the rendering algorithms and significant amount of texture/traiangle pushing etc...) I'm not sure we're actually going to see anything new/original that could not have been done on the older game engines. The new stuff will just "look better"... buts this is just my opinion of course

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I still play 2k4 and UT(99).

for me, 2k4 is still the best.
like obviously nothing can touch 99' because that's where it all began. but 2k4 is "the best" in the sense that it captures the best aspects of the original UT combined with much improved visuals and gameplay elements like Bombing Run, Onslaught, etc.

UT3 looks even better. visually.
but it just doesn't feel the same. I don't play it much.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I have it installed but I haven't played it in years. One of my friends just got a server and he asked me to play some 2k4 but so far I haven't decided to actually take him up on the offer.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I tried to play the game the other day but I couldn't. The gameplay is really bad.

Blade_hunter

Unreal tournament mod dude
Jan 23, 2008
I don't know :( I think it may be released this year but there is no news actually
unless the dude responsible of it post some.
I created a moddb page for it to provide the alpha who was somewhat hard to find and not well known.
But I think under six months there will be something ...

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRRhcQ_ZmS4[/m]

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Thanks UTR authors for completely abandoning what would have been a great project without any warning whatsoever.

How many times have I seen this BS. :rolleyes:

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
I won't blame them, despite being a bit sad for it.
I just want to say that when I posted this mod at moddb, the mod showed a lot of popularity and has positive comments overall.
Also a lot of people wants this mod being complete.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I won't blame them, despite being a bit sad for it.
I just want to say that when I posted this mod at moddb, the mod showed a lot of popularity and has positive comments overall.
Also a lot of people wants this mod being complete.
Look, if they want to stop working on it, that's fine, but just SAY it. Don't just abandon it to the abyss and leave everyone waiting for something that will never happen.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't know :( I think it may be released this year but there is no news actually
unless the dude responsible of it post some.
I created a moddb page for it to provide the alpha who was somewhat hard to find and not well known.
But I think under six months there will be something ...
The guy who released that "alpha" pretty much ruined any chance of the mod ever continuing or being released. Bersy I think released something a shorter while ago, though. That is the real "release" and long after work ended.
Thanks UTR authors for completely abandoning what would have been a great project without any warning whatsoever.

How many times have I seen this BS. :rolleyes:
UTR is a sad story, but most people know the story behind it. Work ended on it because of a few factors. Primarily, the guy that wrote all the code was a horrible programmer and a horrible person.

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
But where is it ? And I didn't know the story behind it, except that some people related with the project said they moved because of UT 3 who could make the community move to it ...
but for the rest ....

Last edited:

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
:( sad news, the project is dead again and no way to get the beta ...
I thought the project was revived for good, but no :( :( :( :(

Blade_hunter

Jan 23, 2008
It seems there is a beta of the project that some people have, but I think it might be thing to make it available to the public until someone else takes the project and continue.
I have the alpha since a quite long time and I posted it at moddb, because there is a ton of people who want a such mod.

Last edited: