Unreal II to receive network support and more!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ryan432120

May 6, 2009
Im great XaiLo thank you for asking =P

i have been looking around all kinds of mods lately for games in www.moddb.com
And i found something really interesting thats connected to unreal 2 xmp.
Apparently there is a remake of unreal 2 xmp mod for Unreal Tournament 2004, i havent tried it yet but it looks awesome, link is here : http://www.moddb.com/mods/utxmp

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh

……………………………………..________
………………………………,.-‘”……………….“~.,
………………………..,.-”……………………………..“-.,
…………………….,/………………………………………..”:,
…………………,?………………………………………………\,
………………./…………………………………………………..,}
……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
……………/……………………………………………,:”………/
…………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
…………./__.(…..“~-,_…………………………,:`………./
………../(_….”~,_……..“~,_………………..,:`…….._/
……….{.._$;_……”=,_…….“-,_…….,.-~-,},.~”;/….}
………..((…..*~_…….”=-._……“;,,./`…./”…………../
…,,,___.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../
…………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-”
…………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
…..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
…………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
…………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
……………………………..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
It's not fake. It does exist, but finding it is like trying to find a hay in a needlestack.

This. It exists all right, but finding it is extremely difficult unless you work at DE/Epic. And apparently it's not easy even then.

However, remaking XMP2 would be something that is worth a try, I believe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Im great XaiLo thank you for asking =P

i have been looking around all kinds of mods lately for games in www.moddb.com
And i found something really interesting thats connected to unreal 2 xmp.
Apparently there is a remake of unreal 2 xmp mod for Unreal Tournament 2004, i havent tried it yet but it looks awesome, link is here : http://www.moddb.com/mods/utxmp

Oh man I didn't read this

Sep 17, 2007

Oh well I'm also reading a post from last year so **** me too

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
utxmp bombed because all of the u2xmp guys didn't want to play it. Where are those guys now?

Gambit84

Oct 17, 2004
The number 1 thing I hated about Unreal 2 was the lack of COOP.

Unreal 1 singleplayer was fun, but COOP was the real reason why I even played it......and I played it repeatedly.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
We don't know if it existed or if the guy made it all up. The info was accurate but then again there was a lot info published about Unreal 2 cut content. We cannot know for sure if he didn't make it all up that he had those. In fact the Unreal stuff seemed very unacurate, but we will see if he made it up or not. Funny is that he seemed to avoid talking to me about it further and I waited half year for him to show on his IRC channel but no. He also claimed to have further contacts and stuff, but he never gave me chance to help him with it and I would help him. But he didn't want to talk about it or something either. I am not sure if this is not blind trust case.

AWW SNACK

Feb 13, 2009
We don't know if it existed or if the guy made it all up. The info was accurate but then again there was a lot info published about Unreal 2 cut content. We cannot know for sure if he didn't make it all up that he had those. In fact the Unreal stuff seemed very unacurate, but we will see if he made it up or not. Funny is that he seemed to avoid talking to me about it further and I waited half year for him to show on his IRC channel but no. He also claimed to have further contacts and stuff, but he never gave me chance to help him with it and I would help him. But he didn't want to talk about it or something either. I am not sure if this is not blind trust case.

You should've asked the guy to give you screenshots of both the U1 and U2 protos, preferably with a chat message like "Hey Leo!" on the screen. Fakers usually tend to freak out when you ask them for real proof like that.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
He wasn't around since October or so, on this site. But he was in certain popular team which won even MSCU prize, so I wonder if he faked it, why he faked it like this, if he has mental issues or what. He never showed any screenshots to anyone and he did avoid me asking him questions, maybe becasue he knows I played one never leaked Unreal beta back in 98.

Anyway there is a chance I will have again chance to have a look at some Unreal betas or recover them, so we will see if this guy lied or not when that comes around. If he wants to prove to me he didn't fake it all and there were many indications he did even though I believed him at first and even came asking people about it. But if he wants to prove it to me he should really speak to me and not avoid me like plague and saying: "leo, don't be angry at me"

Even when I wasn't at all. He acts very naiveish and stuff and he does have some mental ilness iirc, so I dunno if that wasn't all his fantasy after all, I can't tell. I don't think he wanted to hurt anyone though.

I mean just look how supportive I was originally:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=186659&page=5

And well, I think I was too naieve to believe all that, after all there was no proof whatsoever and I fool even contacted so many people and wanted to help him with permissions. Especially when he claims he doesn't feel like talkig about it anymore. I mean... what? I was waiting for so long for him to give me any more definite info. It never happened. All I heard was BS about Unreal betas through GreatEmerald about skaarj hybrids and zombies and skaarj talking in english and such nonsenses and that player was some maylya fitzegrald whatever. That doesn't really sound believable does it? But I thought it was just the usual "wrongness" of greatemerald, lol. It's absurd really. I am betting 80 percent that this all was a HOAX.

Last edited:

AWW SNACK

Feb 13, 2009
He wasn't around since October or so, on this site. But he was in certain popular team which won even MSCU prize, so I wonder if he faked it, why he faked it like this, if he has mental issues or what. He never showed any screenshots to anyone and he did avoid me asking him questions, maybe becasue he knows I played one never leaked Unreal beta back in 98.

Anyway there is a chance I will have again chance to have a look at some Unreal betas or recover them, so we will see if this guy lied or not when that comes around. If he wants to prove to me he didn't fake it all and there were many indications he did even though I believed him at first and even came asking people about it. But if he wants to prove it to me he should really speak to me and not avoid me like plague and saying: "leo, don't be angry at me"

Even when I wasn't at all. He acts very naiveish and stuff and he does have some mental ilness iirc, so I dunno if that wasn't all his fantasy after all, I can't tell. I don't think he wanted to hurt anyone though.

I mean just look how supportive I was originally:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=186659&page=5

And well, I think I was too naieve to believe all that, after all there was no proof whatsoever and I fool even contacted so many people and wanted to help him with permissions. Especially when he claims he doesn't feel like talkig about it anymore. I mean... what? I was waiting for so long for him to give me any more definite info. It never happened. All I heard was BS about Unreal betas through GreatEmerald about skaarj hybrids and zombies and skaarj talking in english and such nonsenses and that player was some maylya fitzegrald whatever. That doesn't really sound believable does it? But I thought it was just the usual "wrongness" of greatemerald, lol. It's absurd really. I am betting 80 percent that this all was a HOAX.

If you're being fed strange info like that, it's pretty likely that it's a hoax. I used to be in the Sonic the Hedgehog prototype scene wayy back when, and if someone was acting like that guy did, it was always, always a hoax. Of course, they also had a convenient lie when they wanted to get out of it for whatever reason, like that flooding story he told you about.

EDIT: Another big sign is the kid trying to make you go on a legality goose chase. From my experience, third parties unaffiliated with the devs that have a prototype like he did don't really give a **** about the legality of leaking it. I've seen multiple major proto leaks of dubious legality go through without anybody caring, legal-wise. My guess is that he made you do that in hopes of you either finding a "legal" excuse for him to not leak his non-existent prototypes or that you'd be so caught up on this legality stuff that you'd stop talking to him for a while for whatever reason.

Last edited: