Really Sick of Robar + AR loadouts

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Beats me, but I agree: It's disgusting. I've seen it even on maps like MWH and Peru! It's just plain stupid.

Hopefully (oh jeez, here it comes again) the next version's tweaking will address this and make the point moot.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
*cracks his knuckles*
Mutator time, bitch!
The question is: what is the best way to discorage its use?
Make it bulky?
Dissalow its use with a big rifle? (Not preferred- goes against the whole "you can do it IRL...")
Make it suck? (prone only or somethin')

Hmmm...

It should be extremely bulky, so anyone carrying it will be at a major movement speed advantage.

The recoil should be pumped up, to the point where it knocks you down altogether if you attempt to fire it standing. I've heard .50-cal rifles DO kind that hard in real life. The only way to employ it effectively should be from a prone position.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Just make it so that you can only carry a Primary and a smg or side arm. This is realistic, because units like these are supposed to be extremely fast and mobile, not lugging arounds an arsenal that would make Voltron wince.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Nice idea Yurch, but I have noticed RA players don't tend to us AR & Robar loadouts anyway.

If you ask me (and you probably shouldn't) this needs tweaks to the whole bulk/stamina system. That people willingly carry a Robar and a SMG AND ammo for both says to me that something is wrong with it. The Robar can't weigh enough, the ammo must be too light and cheap.

Above all, there needs to be some sort of penalty for carrying more than one long weapon and switching between them.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
hehe... watch the language there striderteen... we INFers don't say that word in public. :D

I've seen some pretty funny stuff, like one guy carrying:
SIG
FAMAS
M16 - all attachments

and he was running like a mofo too... that's just messed up.

But I don't like the idea of being forced into a loadout, I believe that instead of restricting how many weapons you carry make the penalties of speed and movement steeper so that people who carry all this **** just can't play effectively.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Originally posted by spm1138
Nice idea Yurch, but I have noticed RA players don't tend to us AR & Robar loadouts anyway.
I see quite a few on EP, and other large maps.

The thing is - will bulk solve anything? A sniper can still crawl under pounds of weapons to a snipe point - no matter how much we penalize it.

I support the holster-based system and variable draw times.

Sure, you can carry all that stuff...you'll have to figure out how to strap all of it to your body, and you'll also have to deal with really slow draw time as you juggle all that equipment.

Realism players, with a single longarm on a tactical sling, a sidearm by their side, and ammo in belt/chest pouches, will proceed to shoot all the lamers while they struggle to stow that Robar and get their AKMSU out.

BlAcK_PlAgUe22

I ooze.
Jul 30, 2001
Irvine, California
plague.vze.com
Yurch, can't you make it so:
A=Pistols =1
B=Submachine guns =2
C=Assault Rifles =3
D=Sniper rifles =4

Make a limit like adding together anything over 6 or 7 won't work
And also make it so 2 of the same is auto bad :p

IE:
A+B=3 3<6 OK
D+C=7 7>6 BAD
C+A=4 4>6 OK
C+B+A=6 6=6 BAD

/me is in a math mood tonight :D

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
Ok people 2 things:

1) IRL in a unit of this sort....(or any military unit for that matter), you don't have the option to carry "anything you want". You don't get to go into an armory like in the 'Matrix' and take however much you want. You are assigned equiptment appropriate to your role with your unit.

2) Imagine the look on your squad leader's face when you are ordered to gear up and fall in and you come dragging ass into formation late because you are loaded down with one of everything, ammo for all of it and 20 nades. Not only would you look like a friggin' moron, you'd probably be subjected to some disciplinary action and ordered to take a psychiatric evaluation. At the least, you'd deserve a good bitch slapping. Not to mention that if your squad became engaged in a fire fight or had to move quickly to or out of an area, no one would wait for your slow ass while you got tangled up in the straps for your M16 deluxe(ACOG/ M203), your MP5sd, and your Robar while trying not to drop your DE, Kabar, 15 different mags with 4 different kinds of ammo. Oh sh*t!! You'll probably expect to be able to fire any of these weapons accurately while running as fast as you can on top of everything else....assuming you can even move. Come on!! Where is the realisticness in that?