Question to ask the creators?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
C

Crude

I was gonna send this question threw email but chouldn't find it. ummm I been absent from my computer for a long time and missed just about all the news and I noticed that one of them said that version 3.0 is coming out soon and I was just wondering if you chould please tell me whats new features and weapons that are gonna be coming out in the 3.0 version.

Thanks,
Crude

R

RaekwoN

You want info on version 3, check this out. It's the team's road map, just explains plans that they have, all the stuff that is up there is relevant to version 3 for UT.

InF Road Map

[This message has been edited by RaekwoN (edited 10-30-1999).]

C

Crude

"All equipment items will have a weight value, bulk value, and price."

Does this mean that the weapons will cost money like counterstrike for half-life, if so this is a stupid idea because whoever has the most money will win.

B

Billdog

Equipment will cost, but the amount of money for each player to use will not change in game. The use of a price value is to reduce the advantage and possible overuse of special equipment like claymores and support weapons.

W

Warren

Please read the roadmap carefully. The cash received by the player at the beginning of a game is NONaccumulative-- in english, this means you spend the money once, and that's it. If you want a new weapons loadout, you have to quit the current game, and rejoin after changing what you want, having started over with a clean slate and new cash. As Billdog said, this is just to keep a balance on the weapons and equipment. For example, the FiveseveN pistol is very lightweight, and carries ammo in which the gun itself (and the FN P-90) was designed around-- this ammo is armour piercing and deadly to say the least- not to mention the weapon can hold 20 rounds. That being said, if the weapon cost as much as a standard issue M9 pistol, everyone would have dual of this weapon and all hell would break loose. I promise you, we've thought this whole process through and this works best. Unlike CounterStrike, you will be able to try all the weapons from the get-go... but unless you're playing a botmatch and cheating, you will be limited to what you can carry...

{sigh} now having said this, these ideas aren't 'stupid'-- it's just another way for another mod to run things. again, please read the Roadmap carefully-- there is a LOT of information to digest. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Warren (edited 10-31-1999).]

C

Crude

Oh ok so......how exactly will the bots be effected on this because, I know on the serpentine mod the bots didn't understand how to use the reload weapon feature and they just stood around looking at each other.

I don't play online much because of lag reason I have good ping but everything is better if you just play against the Bots /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I do have one question thoe, you said

"you will be able to try all the weapons from the get-go...but unless you're playing a botmatch and cheating, you will be limited to what you can carry..."

why is that if I cheat against the BOTS that I lose feature's I mean this is stupid becuase its just bots and infact that basically I get my ass kicked constantly < /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif by them, however I only use the ammo cheat because simply I'll automatically get killed just going in the corner getting ammo.

Also if you kill somebody will you be able to search the body and take all the ammo they have and there weapons?

Oh and I did read the roadmap carefully just that I'm only 17 and that you use words that I have to constantly look up in the dictionary but the dictionary itself doesn't give the definition in exact details like what your trying to say.

Thanks for your time,

Crude

W

Warren

LOL! ok- the bots ALREADY know how to reload, obviously. The loadout for bots will simply have them randomly choose equipment and items, based on the rules set by the map-- OR you can manually select what each one will have- you will even be able to load up preset loadout screens for bots, if you have any saved. Also, what I meant about being able to use all items from the get-go, meerly means that you will have ACCESS to all items from the loadout-- the QUESTION will be how you divvy up your cash, weight, and bulk limitations... UNLESS you cheat in a botmatch and allow yourself unlimited weight/bulk/price limitations so you can choose every weapon or item. In other words, you won't have to EARN items like in CounterStrike. That simple.

And yes, as our roadmap says, you will be able to pick up equipment from bodies- both weapons and items. It won't be a quick process though- you can't just run up to a piece of ammo and pick it up. You'll have to consider the added weight, and the time it takes to strip a clip from a gun, etc. Just think realism, and we'll be simulating it as best we can.