UT99.org Community Map Pack 2 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
That's one broken thing of the map. Already been reported. The Conrop works only without the DP :hmm:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Also I think real firesliths (with the beta skin etc) would be better than the reskinned ones, when now the real ones are avaiable and they are not supposed to shoot gasbag projectiles, but the magma...but meh

editor Dave

May 10, 2008
Germany
Sorry for the gameplay problems you have. Unfortunately the Redeemer is a bit buggy and you need the DispersionPistol to make it working well. You should get it at the end of the outside part.
I will release a better version of my map when I will have completed the next episode ;)

EDIT: I don't have a magma projectile and I don't have a modeller/scripter so please don't be angry about something I cannot do better...

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Alright, I am not angry, I am just saying the beta fireslith would fit better in, if you want I can give that one to you, I had one in the ryspak even..

The redeemer works without DP actually, I had to killall it, but when i tried to shoot it in the opening, it started automatically turning the missile and making me disorientated, I cannot fit it in that way.... And some of the lifts should be able to be activated from both sides, they kinda get stuck sometimes.

Fluorescence

Feb 19, 2009
Berkshire, England
Kamah uses Mekalopolis from UT3's OST, possibly the best track of the Tournament series out there.

Its good but not THAT good. (concering Kamah's quote only =])

Although these maps are stunning and completely amazing to for UT, i somewhat feel UT is all about simple bsp and gameplay and with the detail these maps have, it's something many of the players arent actually looking for when they play the game; otherwise they would be over at UT3.

A bad metaphor from me as usual.. but its like giving go-kart racers and huge hummer to race around their tiny track.
They are going to stick to what they are used to and although they think the hummer is amazing when they first see it, when they try to steer it around their tiny track its somewhat worse than the go-kart in the first place. Although, when people make simple, upgraded, nice go-karts, that is when they use these new things over long periods of time on their track.

but there is no denying that creating content like this for UT just goes to show what can be done :)

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
The map has several other bugs which can make map stuck, I don't know how all that went through betatesting without notice.

For example the golden armor scene, where the skaarj is supposed to attack you, the bars close sometimes too soon, making you block them, therefore the pillar is never lowered and the skaarj will never attack you.

EDIT: The map lags also at the areas with fog etc, the FPS is really low there...

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
By the way the DM maps seem to be fine so far, I have not had time to test it all though. They probably don't have the best layout but they look great and play fairly nice.
I was just frustrated out of that unbalanced SP a bit etc....while that scene with skaarj gunner is nice it does not always work right it seems, etc.

editor Dave

May 10, 2008
Germany
I'm so sorry but because of the deadline I couldn't delete all bugs. I finished the BSP too late and tested my map too late and now you see the bugs :/
I will release a bug-free version when I release the next episode ;) And thanks for the link!

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
Dang, would of loved to see these in UT3...
In Ut99 the maps can look great, but the characters and weapons will never really improve...

nfleming

Jul 6, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
Not sure whats up, but I tired the first couple or 3 DM maps, I couldn't switch weapons.

Went back to stock UT maps, worked fine.

I'll try again later, but if anyone else has seen this...

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I'm so sorry but because of the deadline I couldn't delete all bugs. I finished the BSP too late and tested my map too late and now you see the bugs :/
I will release a bug-free version when I release the next episode ;) And thanks for the link!

No problem, I understand..overall as I said I liked the details and the overall look, but the gameplay and the bugs kinda bothered me. Also sometimes you have chosen a rather not fitting music, but that is just my taste.

Creavion

Aug 27, 2005
Germany, Niedersachsen
Not sure whats up, but I tired the first couple or 3 DM maps, I couldn't switch weapons.

Went back to stock UT maps, worked fine.

I'll try again later, but if anyone else has seen this...
What? You can not switch weapons? Strange o_O
Never had an issue like this during the testing phase (of around 8 months).
BTW: You all are invited to report bugs about the pickup stuff. Either here or on our forums. Maybe some of them can be fixed.

Noobnugget

Jan 10, 2006
Map pack doesn't work. Attempting to load any map from this pack floods the log with accessed nones related to xpickups, and pretty much hangs the game completely. And if you don't have the game in a window you most likely wont get your desktop back either. Stock maps continue to work without a hitch.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
I haven't got any problems with the XPickups. Works perfectly here. Are you using any kind of mutators?

nfleming

Jul 6, 2004
Ohio, U.S.A.
I have found two files in this pack that already exist in my Textures folder, but are different.

richrig.utx
SGTech1.utx

Not sure if thats the problem, but thats what I have found so far.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Those are very common utx files, and come from some of the official Bonuspacks AFAIK. The ones in the pack are the same as those I had.

Dellum

Apr 3, 2009
WTF!? some maps have terrible performance, you didn't beta test this properly.

Q9550 @ 3.82
4870 1GB @ 815/915
4GB 5-5-5-12@ 1125mhz
XP64

I installed the map pack on UTGOTY with the latest official patch.

Seriously... WTF?

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Dargrok is one of them. At the edges of the wooden bridge the game becomes extremely slow (10 FPS).

The SP map too, in the large area with the jumping puzzle. Too much dynamic lighting, and movers become suddenly invisible.