Classic characters

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

vickissv3

Apr 11, 2005
it will most likely have classic characters 1. because malcolm is the flagship character and 2. because the classic characters are in UC2 which takes place about 10 years after Envy. Also apparently brock and lauren aren't dead yet , so they aren't gonna be necris

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I want Kurgan back.

I tell you what though, some of the gayest irony ever... I liked the idea of the Egyptian characters, and none of them in this game really spoke to me. Then they put out one that I like (UC2), and guess what they name it...

Only problem is, if he is in the next PC title, I fear he will be too popular. If, though, he isn't, I think I already know what model I will be playing as, cleché or not...

aeqos38/5

The unusual immortal
Apr 21, 2005
Victoria, BC
iz.fragism.com
'sfunny. I don't know you, Ænubis, and I already hate you. It's the preaching on "spam", the overinflated ego - "Taste my PERFECTION", or the fact that you use my æ. And one more thing. How this all reminds me of myself. :lol:

Do not take this as an insult.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Olga said:
Nalis can teleport by meditating for a bit. :)

Yeah, but...

1) They can't telefrag you...

2) By the time they're actually starting to fade away, most of them have already fallen prey to their attacker ^_^

So, what we want is a telefraggin, bad-ass nali with superhuge claws etc...

NaliP1mP..

Something like that.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
There were a handfull of distinctive characters from UT99 I want to see come back. Besides the ones we know will come back anyway (Malcom, Brock, Lauren, hopefully all humans), I hope Kragoth and Cryss are the main necris again (Brock and Lauren as necris was an oxymoron), and I also want to see Arkon (the shirtless old Rawsteel guy) Blake (the male commando), Anna (the female commando) and Jayce (female Merc). I have to agree tha Olga is pretty cool too. I am disapointed to hear Harlin is returning, because he was always the dorkiest Iron Gaurd guy. I don't remember Johnson or Rylissa.

The skaarj need to come back, they are trademarks of Unreal. I wouldn't mind seeing a hybrid or two either

As far as UT2003 characters, obviously the Juggernauts were the most distinctive, out of that crowd, so they're coming back anyway. The nightmare guys are gone, and even though they were kinda cool, I'm not sure they really fit Unreal anyway...they were more like Quake characters. The Gen Mokai just felt like stand-ins for the skaarj anyway, so I'm not too to see them go. The mercs were not terribly memorable either, though I kinda liked Wraith, Saphire (the UC1 version), and those twin guys. The robots from UT2003 were not terribly memorable either, and Epic will always have more robot designs to pull out of the ass anyway. Plus, the Xan robots were cooler.

Discord

surveying the wreckage...
Nov 6, 2002
Somewhere on Route 666
-AEnubis- said:
How many of you even remember Kurgan?

Name sounds familiar... :lol:

And as long as we're playing "stump the forum," how familiar does this guy look?

ramirez.jpg

His name's Ramirez, and he ended up being my skin of choice because you didn't really see a lot of him. :)

And as long as we're on the subject, does anybody else prefer the UT99 system of picking a body class and then playing mix-n-match with the face? To me that just seems tidier than the current system of scrolling through a godzillion thumbnails... plus it has the potential to offer better variety, I feel.

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
i think that ut2k4 has a dumbed down version of the mix-n-match thing,its not just the face but the entire head i think, like the twins, frostbite and gorge, harlequin and mr crow,diva and memphis, etc etc... less freedom for the players, more freedom for the artist but its so much work that they dont come up with many different versions anyway...

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
That is a bit different. Each model basically has two skins.

With the new model detail, I'd imagine, it'd be kina weird repeating a body type over 4-6 faces, especially with the way they change body types with each model. Like the difference between Cannonball, and Gorge, even though they are both jugs, they have different armor.

I think the way it is now is fine, might be cool to do 3 skins per model. What would be even better is 4 TDM optable, and in DM, having up to 4 colored skins, and the colorless skin of each to choose from.

In UT, it wasn't just about Arkon for me, it was about Green Arkon. Green Kurgan as well in Unreal. Something about entering this kind of "battle" with no shirt, or chest protection... Intimidation...

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
carmatic said:
i think that ut2k4 has a dumbed down version of the mix-n-match thing,its not just the face but the entire head i think, like the twins, frostbite and gorge, harlequin and mr crow,diva and memphis, etc etc... less freedom for the players, more freedom for the artist but its so much work that they dont come up with many different versions anyway...

I disagree it's less freedom for both the players and the artist. Many times i make a skin i make more than one face for it and end up having to make more than one "Characters" which is a chore,e specially if the only difference is whether they're masked or not. (Romulus/Remus for example)

I prefered the old system and would point it out often that it was superior to the quake 3 system but.... well seems quake won out.