The Starship Eternaty : The Next Mission

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
Science officers log, Stardate : 2435346

I hope that Captain Cascade returns soon, Vortex's funeral is due to start soon, and I don't think he'd want to miss it. I'm sure someone'll video it though, so he'll be able to catch up.
On the subject of the funeral, I detected an explosive charge in the "coffin" (actually a torpedo, without the explosives, but with a dead body instead)
The explosives have been disarmed, whoever planted them must be wrong in the head! I've passed this on to Beerbaron to do some enquieries.
Well, i've got one last check to do on the sensors, and then I'm off to the funeral

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
First Officer's log Stardate 45599

The crew has gathered in the mess hall for Vortex's funeral. We will start with some memorial speeches and the have a an excessive party, with visits to the holodeck.
I think that's how Vortex had wanted it to be.

"I think I can speak of all of us, when I say that Vortex was one of the best friends I ever had. Without him we all wouldn't be alive today. He saved us more than once and ultimatly sacrificed his life for us.
On the funny side we will always remember his Pokemon fetish. Even if this critters brought is into trouble a lot of times, deep in the heart we love them. Er...not really, forget that." *sniff* *sniff* next person please.......

Before the cermony an explosive device was found in the casket. I ordered Beerbaron to investigate this later.

Supplemental
Lieutenant RizMan came to me asked to be assigned for Chief Engineer. Recognizing the lack of later, I immedialtley agreed. I also recommeded him for promtion to Lt. Commander. Starfleet Command agreed, so we have another silly excuse for a ship wide party

I also got a message from Dcotor 0shadow0, telling me of his resigment. He will visit the voodoo priests of Naranda V where he will perfect his skills. I'm sorry to see him go, as he was a great Doc.
Hereby a assign medical underling Merlin as new Chief Medical Officer - or Doc for short. He's better be good, or we are screwed. May God help him.

CaSCaDe

gaem freak in 3 dimensions
Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
Captains log startdate: the time aint important

i was just in time for Commander vortex's funaral.
i realy feel a lost inside me.
after 8-4-7-2's speech i was next, i start of rather good, but i couldnt manage 2 keep the tears from comming.
I LOVED THAT MAN (not that way).

the reason i was so very l8, was because of my meating with starfleet command.
we had a long talk and i got congradulated on our victory on the lorg a hundred times.
they also wanted 2 give us a reward.

so after a long talk they hads decided 2 promote evry body on the ship

as FO 8-4-7-2 will be come captain, there will be no more room for me abourd the uss eternaty, i will realy miss my baby. this was my ship and my crew. i must say that i have had a wanderfull time abourd this vessel and i realy hope that u all have a very good journey.

as me leaving the eternaty i will be promoted 2 Admiral, so i wll not leave starfleet as some rumours have gone around the ship.

i will contact yuo all regulairy, just 2 keep in touch, u r after all my friends, every single 1 of you.

i have been inforemed recently apointed captain of the uss eternaty has already recruited some new crew members, i am sure he knows what he's doing.

for now, i come with a message from startfleet:

when repairs r finished on the uss eternaty, u will go 2 dragona system on a diplomatic mission,
the second planet of the system is called m0tard VI, the inhabitants cant stop playing ctf-face, startfleet wants u 2 go and investigate why they have this urge 2 play this map and why they like 2 spawnsnipe evry body.
be care full with beaming down, the inhabitants might think its a player respwning, and we wouldnt want 2 loose ne members 2 a bunch of m0tards right?

i greet your all, i acpect a full report every week on the progress, we will keep intouch

recently promoted 2 admiral Captain CaSCaDe out.

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
D'oh, I somehow managed to miss my own funeral. Perhaps it's for the better, it wouldn't feel right trashing the new ship. I noticed our former captain CaSCaDe returned to the ship for a brief visit although I noticed he was wearing an admirals uniform as 8-4-7-2 has officially been given command of the Eternaty. I also had a look at CaSCaDe's logs and it appears that the Eternaty's first mission is to visit a planet inhabited by m0's. This is the kind of mission I would have loved to be on but I'm not too sure about how I could query the captain. Being invisible would make me a good spy, I feel. I'll have to check the starfleet regulations on dead officers being posted on starships.

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
Chief Engineer RizMan's log, stardate 7897654.56

This is my first log as Chief Engineer from the USSEternaty. After asking 8-4-7-2 about chonging position from Helmsman to CE, he accepted immediately, probably because there's noone else there to do the job. Well anyway. I've also been promoted to Lieutenant Commander. What an honor, though the best thing about promotions is the party :)

Today, Votex's funerals took place in the mess hall. 8-4-7-2 made a very, how can I say, emotionally intense speech. I had to cry. Vortex was indeed a great person: as a friend, but also as a leader and warrior.

After the funerals, I got some good news: OshoadowO, this freak, this Voodoo priest is going to leave us. Finally one thread less. He won't make any more dissections or strange experiments on our crewmembers.

End Log

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Out of nowhere, I was warped to the repaired Eternaty. With my mobile emittor, I searched the ship high and low for any remnants of Pokemon. Alas, all the repair crew must've snatched them up and gae them to thier kids or something. Oh well. I decided that things needed to get a little more Pokemoned so I let go every Pokemon I had (yep, all 251 of the little guys). A crew officer ran up to me and I said "All your ship are belong to us." and he fell to the floor, pounding it, and said "What you say!?"

It reminded me of ZeroWing. It reminded me of this:
ZEROWING.gif

Syri

Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
Science officers log, Stardate : 2435346

Vortex's funeral was really emotional, although he isn't being missed as much as we thought, he seems to be hanging around as a ghost!
As 8-4-7-2 is now the captain, he must now name his first officer, I'm kind of hoping to be chosen, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Oh, I rescued some guy who was floating around outside, still got the touch for the transporters! his name's Kilham, and he's recovering in sickbay now.

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Tactical officers log
Stardate 896787

I have come to understand that the post of first officer is open.. I have already sent 3 tonnes of chocolates to 8472 but as yet he has not made a decision. I am not resorting to threats such as "Give me FO or i'll rip your throat out and beat you to death with the tonsol end"

DeeperShade out *fzzt*

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
This will be my last log as First Officer of this ship. The last year was one of the hardest but also most rewarding in my career. I will miss this post and the one of the TO.
In this sense:

-computer: begin Captain's log, Stardate 25651.1-

Captain Cascade reported my to his quaters where I - to my surprise - learned that he was promoted to Admiral for his efforts in the Lorg scrims. He will watch us from Starfleet Headquater's and still give us orders. As wellfare present I handed him a spellchecker for his logbook.
I was assigned as Captain of the USS Eternaty. I'm shocked, so young and already Captain of the fleet's finest ship. Well, that must be destiny.

So I headed for the bridge took seat in the soft and comortable Captain's chair. The ship's systems have been completely updated and work better than ever before. So I gave my first oder.
Helm: "Set course. The 4th start from the left. Till the morning. Then warp 9 to planet m0tard VI"

Supplemental
I got some bribes and proposals for the post as my Number 1.
Lt. DeeperShade sent me 3 tonnes of choclate. Bah, choclate. If he had sent me pizza he would have become FO. But this way I think D-Stroya is the best choice. He is herby promoted to Commander.

-end log-

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
Chief Engineer RizMan's Log, stardate 978654.56

Captain CasC...ehhh 8-4-7-2 (I gotta get used to this) gave the order to leave the docks. As we don't have a Helmsman yet and there's nothing to do in Engineering, I decided that I would take this baby out of the docks. Although I didn't ask 8-4-7-2 if I could do this, he didn't seem to have any objections when I sat down at the Helmsconsole. Our baby is doing much better now after the repairs. She flys like she's been newly born. Very smooth.
Hehe, I did a nice maneuver while leaving the docks. I started to turn far to early while leaving backwards, thus almost destroying the docks (well, that was what the others thought, I did this on purpose of course) But I didn't touch anything. I'm a good pilot :) (Note from the author: This is hard to explain, but the ones who saw Starship Troopers should know what I'm talking about :) )

Well anyway: we're heading toward m0tardVI now with warp 9.

End Log

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
Uhoh

Well, I still can't seem to get the captains attention in any way, but it seems another more important issue has arisen. A few moments ago I sensed an alien entity board the Eternaty. It may be a pokemon but I have never seen it's kind before. It looked kind of like a large green fish and it burped a lot. Not exactly pleasent. What's worrying is that, before it left, it deposited 251 pokemon in engineering! When your obsessed with pokemon as I am, you can only withstand so much. I can already feel me regaining my solidity! Unfortunately, due to the large concentration of pokemon, I won't be regaining my human form. Instead, I've only around twenty minutes before I can easily pass for a bulbasaur. I think I'll consider hiding in a jefferies tube until the crew goes off duty. With any luck, the corriders should be quieter by then and I can go in search of the rest of those 'mon. I'd like to know more about that green fish that brought them here.

The Dopefish

Eat your veggies!
Apr 17, 2000
Springfield, MA, USA
Bfore things got out of hand, I quickly decided to snatch up 6 of the Pokemon I let loose upon the ship: Mew, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Lugia and Hou-Hou. Damn those lazy people at the planet GameFreak for giving the newer Pokemon such crappy names. I should've grabbed Mewtwo as well, but he went off, muttering something about finding a Vortex on the ship. What the hell that meant was beyond me.

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Personal Log
Stardate 432789

Im trapped in my room surrounded by Pokemon.. This is strange as the pokemon storyline was killed off in the last thread... This must be Dopey's work.. Damn him... Im going to try and get to my Laser Gun (cant called it a phasor for ph34r of copyright)

If I do not succede then I will have to resort to kicking the furry little ****s in the nuts.. Erm.... Do pokemon have nuts?

**** they're closing in

*DeeperShade punts Mew across the room and makes a run for his phasor.. i mean Laser Gun.. yes laser gun thats right :D *

Eat this you furry little intestinal tract eating ****ty pieces of bad animation!!! ARRRGGHHH

*sounds of laser fire fill the rooms*

****.. I've shot myself in the foot!

*fzzt*

CaSCaDe

Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
Admiral CaSCaDe's log (it doesnt sound right does it?)

as i saw the startship eteranty leave the space dock i felt realy weird.

i am going 2 miss the travels wit hmy ship mates.

wehn the eternaty left the docks it seemed like it was going to trash the docks, but as i know helmsman... oh wait EX-helmsman rizman, i knew he was just playing a joke.
man, this new position stinks, i got nothing to do.
o well, i think i'm going to take out a shuttle and go for a little spn around jupiter, i hear its quite lovely this time of year.

as i fly true the darkness of space i get a subtile feeling of loss. my old crew and ship, i realy miss them.
but wait a sec. as admiral i can do what i want!!!!
i could go 2 the m0tard system my self and fight some m0tards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES THATS WHAT I'M GOING TO DO!!!!!!!!!

i will not let the ship know i'm comming, the bigger the suprise.

i will now set course for m0tard VI and reunite with my ship mates! although i am not going to be in command of my own ship (i practictly build here single handedly) atleast i will be wit hthe people i love.

-.. Admiral CaSCaDe out.

[Edited by CaSCaDe on January 8th, 2001 at 07:18 AM]

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Captain's log Stardate 44589.4 (that sounds cool)

We are now in standard orbit over m0tard VI. I just revealed our mission to the crew. All over the planet's surface the people build stadium with 2 towers where they play Capture The Flag. They call this Facing Worlds. Starfleet Command is extremly worried about the lameness like spawnsniping and camping. So they send us to investigate this.
As the natives on the planet might beamsnipe is if you we use transporter I decided to bring the landing party down in the rebuild and enhanced Omega-Flyer (now know as Lamda-Flyer). The team consist of me, Lt. Cmd. RizMan and Lt. DeeperShade. In our absence I will put the command over the ship into Cmd. D-Stroya's capable hands.
I'm now heading for shuttlebay 8 where I will meet with them

Supplemental
I heard of inceasing numbers of pokemon incident on this ship. DeeperShade reported of a furious phas...er..laser fight he had. And this morning a pokemon sat in my chair on the bridge! I crushed it when I sat down. Strange; I think I ate too much pizza in the last time.
Therefor I ordered Beerbaron to replicate pizza and hand out our anti-pokemon-weaponry to the crew. Maybe the problem will be fixed when we return.

-out-

Vortex

My last status sucked
Jan 19, 2000
Planet Express
Visit site
Got worried for a mintue there. I was hiding in one of the Jefferies tubes when someone started to open the hatch! Thankfully it was only a Mewtwo. It took ages to work out what it was talking about but I eventually figured out that the crew were arming themselves with pizza, a pokemon's one known allergy. Now, I don't really want to get in a fight with my (former) crew but the again, I won't get any help from them in my current form. So, I'm going along with this Mewtwo thing right now. It says that some of the 'mon have holed themselves up in an old disused storeroom where our former doctor used to keep his "tools". Anyway, I'm hoping this one know's disable...

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
Chief Engineer Lt.Commander RizMan's Log, stardate 784654.54

We are now in the Orbit of m0tardVI. Captain 8-4-7-2 reveiled us our mission. Ban all llamaness from this planet where they keep on playing a game where being good at Spawnsniping is an honor. They play it on something called Facing Worlds. Somehow it reminds me of the world Sam_The_Man was once banned to. Maybe there's a link with this planet????
Well anyway: 8-4-7-2, DeeperShade and me are going on an Outside mission. We are going to use the brand new Lambda Flyer. I will ask 8-4-7-2 if I can fly it as I did a lot of construction work on it myself.
I'm heading to the Shuttle bay now to join them.

Also, I heard from a new Pokemon thread. I really thought that we did get rid of them a long time ago. Rumour says that they where brough aboard again by a weird looking creature. It seems like it's a greend fish wich keeps on blurping. Kinda reminds me of a Dopefish. These are in general harmless, but they tend to Spam all conversations with useless crap nobody is interested in :)
Anyway, I hope that the pokemon will be gone when we come back from our outside mission. I hate these critters.

End Log

Syri

Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
First Officer's Log, Stardate : 235125

I've been made first officer! I can't believe it! And I'm already being left in charge while the captain heads an away team.
I've been told of a possible Pokemon problem, started by a Dopefish, which seems famiiar to a spamfish we found in the holodeck a while ago...
Anyway, Beerbaron is dealing with the pokemon, so I'm going to keep an eye on things from the Bridge

CaSCaDe

Apr 7, 2000
somewhere you are not!
www.bart.ahk.nl
Admiral CaSCaDe's log stardate: if i would know i would type it

during my travel towards the starship eternaty i ran across a ship that looked awfully formilair, it looked just like the eternaty, only then made out of cheap ripoff plastic.
as i flew by i saw the name of the ship, it's called the starship mentalaty, i dont know where it come from or who it belongs to, i'll have to investigate this later.

for now i have decided to send a subspace message to the eternaty to make them awair of this ripoff.

now they know i'm coming i am going to work on some sort of welcome back speech or something.

CaSCaDe out

Syri

Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
First Officer's Log, Stardate : 235125

I've just recieved a communication from Admiral Cascade! He's on his way to visit the eternaty, but he sent the message to warn us of a nearby ship, named the USS Mentallity. It is a copy of the eternaty in every way, but also inferior in every way. They are showing no hostile intentions at the moment, but we are being cautious, none the less.
I've sent a message to the captain to inform him of their presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.