[Laudanum] Victorian steampunk horror mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

8mm_BuLLEt

I will rule the world!
Nov 3, 2003
South-south-west england
Visit site
hey, maybe voodoo could be involved...
*weapon surgestion*
Voodoo Pin doll

Create a doll for the specific character, and you are given a set of daggers, and you have 5 knifes per character. Each stabbing does 60 damage to the player, and you HAVE to set a range, otherwise its pointless overkill from nowhere.

Shadow Vampire

You pick up a glowing orb, which when you throw it, creates a shadowy character, who randomly seeks a player, and to make it spooky, he dissapears and reappears anywhere, however the downpoint is that he only gets 1 bite, which does 70 damage, and the player franticly looses health.

Voodoo Ritual spellbook

Contains 3 weapons (spells in this case) :

Soul Cage (Left mouse)

When hitting Mouse1 the spellbook glows and lets off some purple voodooic energy and seeks out the nearest player. On hit, it traps the player in an orb-like cell, with flaming skulls of the murdered people flying around the player, as he gradualy is reduced to a flaming skeleton him/herself.

Singe (Right mouse)

Note : This attack does NOT seek players. After hitting Mouse2 the spellbook glows red and blue sparks fly out, then the target gets flamed, and the flames do spread to nearby players.

Necnarantic Curse (Middle Mouse - confiurable for people with no middle mousebutton)

The spellbook lets off a swirl of florecant light, which when seeks it target, curses them and halfes all there abilitys.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
8mm_BuLLEt said:
hey, maybe voodoo could be involved...
*weapon surgestion*
Voodoo Pin doll
Shadow Vampire
Voodoo Ritual spellbook
I'm trying to minimize the use of blunt straight forward wizardly spellcaster magic. There may be some basic stuff, especially in the plot/background, regarding the likes of ancient curses, etc though.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
How about chaning how the death system works?

Perhaps something like having 2 types of deaths.

Lasts Moments: For instance, if you are shot in the head w/revolver, screen goes red, most of youre view is black(tunnel vision), and you got 3-5 seconds to try and get the other guy as you die, screen shakes and accuacy is near impossible, you cant realy move more then a step or so in each direction.

---And/Or---

Slow death: Unless youre death is instant, the body goes into karma, like the normal UT2k3 death, but if someone comes up to you with a medikit(or what ever is the equilivent-Opium Vial), it brings you back where youre body is laying. Kinda like RTCW or other console action games.

8mm_BuLLEt

I will rule the world!
Nov 3, 2003
South-south-west england
Visit site
maybe this death type...

Perish

When you health runs out, you turn half-undead, and live for another 10 seconds... by this I mean that you get slower, and slower, and slower, and your accuracy decreases with it, untill you eventually collapse, and everything turns red, and your heart fails. Also a good idea to hear you heartbeat when you have low health like in ChaosUT.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
the stuff you mentioned is still spell caster type stuff. Thats not happening.

I like the death ideas. Combining postal's idea with 8mm's idea..... reving lightly dead/dying people.... and the semi-death state.... maybe the cultists could use their special alchemy to raise the dying man into an opium fiend

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Postal said:
Slow death: Unless youre death is instant, the body goes into karma, like the normal UT2k3 death, but if someone comes up to you with a medikit(or what ever is the equilivent-Opium Vial), it brings you back where youre body is laying. Kinda like RTCW or other console action games.
Awesome idea, but with how karma works you cant pull a pawn back after theyve been sent to ragdoll mode :( otherwise wed have already seen some extremely cool karma-driven pain animations... god damn, thatd freaking rock.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
well why not spawn a new body where the corpse was, and kill the corpse. it wouldnt be smooth, and would look kinda funky, but better then nothing.

Opium Fiend, gosh I love that idea.

8mm_BuLLEt

I will rule the world!
Nov 3, 2003
South-south-west england
Visit site
Kangus said:
good point.... damn..... poof of smoke?

i know, just maybe tweak the physics a bit (you know, when the corpse turns green and dissappears). so when that happens, the corpse would maybe turn red with little bits of light falling off it as it gracefully decends up into the sky...