New NaliCity Hotlist, Featured Map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
It's time once again for a brand new NaliCity Hotlist and Featured Map. The map in the spotlight this time around is Hourences spectacular DM-Redkin. The Hotlist is all UT2004 and includes a map pack of 9 classic Unreal Tournament levels:

DM-Redkin
DM-Imber
UT Classics2k4
DM-TensileSteel

Check out the reviews for yourself, and leave an intelligent comment!

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
All respect? He's not some kind of robot, is he?
Ok, he shouldn't have done it but.. on the other hand it's quite understandable.. everybody has a certain point you can't take any **** anymore.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
What the ............

Hourences has ranted , For good reason , but there is no way that sommeone should losse his respect , he didn't even flamed sommeone , he just weted the palet of the numberous n000000000bz that complained about the window and the low performance.

Redkin is a pure master piece with lots of stuff , this map breathe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Kantham said:
What the ............

Hourences has ranted , For good reason , but there is no way that sommeone should losse his respect , he didn't even flamed sommeone , he just weted the palet of the numberous n000000000bz that complained about the window and the low performance.

Redkin is a pure master piece with lots of stuff , this map breathe.

I dunno. I can see both sides.

But honestly, some of the comments that were made about the map were a little un-insightful (is that a word?). I think a lot of people just didn't get it. They were expecting Rankin 2.

Map detail is going to continue to evolve and I think that its unreasonable to expect that they aren't going to be more demanding of your computer. Hourences even mentioned in the READ ME how to boost performance. That HAS to be frustrating. Everyone thinks he or she knows how to do it better... well where is it?

I don't think any good mapper wants to avoid criticism, but at least make it intelligent. :)

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Well there are more maps out there than just Redkin. If you don't like it, move on, stop obsessing over Hourences' reaction. I think Marilyn Manson is a freak, but I still like his music. But that also doesn't mean I have to listen to only his stuff.

Leave your comments of any maps, and don't flame in the process. It'll make everyone happier.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
OK, not going to write an essay on this stuff, quite frankly I can't be arsed to get into a flamewar but basically, yes I feel hour over-reacted quite a lot by posting that news comment (i advised him not to but he didn't listen to me :p). However it wasn't without reason, the bottom line imo is that a lot of people simply either don't listen, or they don't know what they are on about, and that's frustrating when you spend 5-6 months carefully crafting a complete work of art only to have people post comments about it which are completely untrue.

Not naming any names, but I've heard of complaints about low fps (when it's stated several times over that turning world detail to low will give a massive fps boost), lighting looking washed out (errr, ever played stock maps such as CTF-Grassyknoll?) and even multiple complaints about needing to download hour's indusX texture package which isn't even required :con:
The list goes on.

Basically, I don't believe the way hour reacted to all this was the correct way to go about things, but you gotta understand, when you spend so damn long on a map...hundreds of hours of personal time just to give something to the community... and people then go and post comments about your map which are completely untrue...that's pretty damn frustrating.

Feb 18, 2005
if i spend 5 months making textures in ms paint that simply look like crap, even though i tried really hard to make them ok looking textures and when i release this texture pack everyone goes: you suck111!!!1, omg bad noob quality lolol1!!!

does it matter how much time i spent on it? no, because it sucks.... dont pull the 5 months stuff man because you can't make honey out of dog ****

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Wow, I don't know what measuring stick you're using, but I think a lot of people would really disagree with you. That's okay... it's your opinion. I don't think you really backed it up, but whatever.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Great in theory AM....

AMmayhem said:
Leave your comments of any maps, and don't flame in the process. It'll make everyone happier.
...but we all know that there is a general culture of flaming previous commentors because their opinions differ. And not just at NC.

Everyone would be happier, I agree, but it just doesn't work that way. Some people are just too damn ignorant to live and let live.

I can understand why people get upset (including Hourences) with the whole deal. Everybody's crap-o-meter has a redline....

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
A Jailbreak fan said:
if i spend 5 months making textures in ms paint that simply look like crap, even though i tried really hard to make them ok looking textures and when i release this texture pack everyone goes: you suck111!!!1, omg bad noob quality lolol1!!!

does it matter how much time i spent on it? no, because it sucks.... dont pull the 5 months stuff man because you can't make honey out of dog ****

Uh oh, intelligence* has really gone down the drain here... ...besides, the "facts" you stated above are plain wrong.

*) this is the ability to to recognize how things really connect to each orther and then form a LOGICAL solution/summary from that.

Mar 6, 2000
London
www.mox-guild.com
A Jailbreak fan said:

A Jailbreak Fan said:
Kantham, your english is really, really poor.

Myself being from Canada I'm wondering if you're an immigrant or you are a 3rd grade student.

Look what is says under Kantham

"VCTF Masterfull"?

LoL wtf?

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=1755810&postcount=8

Pot, Kettle, Black.

BTW, do you have any released maps we can compare to Hourences?

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
A Jailbreak fan said:

does it matter how much time i spent on it? no, because it sucks.... dont pull the 5 months stuff man because you can't make honey out of dog bottomcake

Troll, be gone.

Feb 18, 2005
The moral of the story boys is, if you didn't get it.

No matter how hard you work on something and you DO NOT have the concept right and all you know how to make are good textures and the map flow suck. the map sucks.

End of discussion

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
A Jailbreak fan said:

No matter how hard you work on something and you DO NOT have the concept right and all you know how to make are good textures and the map flow suck. the map sucks.

End of discussion

Be gone, troll.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
A Jailbreak fan said:

End of discussion

Maybe you have other things to do apart flaming on this forums .........

Also a post that he replyed to PMB that make no sense at all.
My view still stands because your english is very bad for however old you are but i dont blame you because you are better than me in that sense but i can speak turkish so.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2005
the reason you don't understand me is because you don't have a big enough of vocab to understand me.

checked your gay site. pathetic. maybe get your english teacher to give you a grammar check on the site.

kthxsbye, another reason why i hate (french) canadians

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
A Jailbreak fan said:
checked your gay site. pathetic. maybe get your english teacher to give you a grammar check on the site.

kthxsbye, another reason why i hate (french) canadians

There is many French canadian on this forums that want to share their opinion with you

ban_him.jpg

Last edited: