Bio-Rifle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hot or Not?

• I`m loving it because I do know how to use it

Votes: 64 70.3%
  • I like it but I don`t know how to use it

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I don`t like it because I don`t know how to use it

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I hate it even I do know how to use it

Votes: 13 14.3%

• Total voters

Animbadabar

Userfied Regist
Apr 25, 2006
I can understand that bio secondary is considered noob because it will most times kill in one hit, but there is still some skill involved. Hitscan weapons require a different type of skill but I'd argue relying solely on shock-combos like many do is just as noob, especially since the cores are so damned easy to hit no matter what kind of acrobatics you're pulling in 2k4. The Biorifle is a fun weapon for me because I still can't figure how to use the primary fire as effectively as I can other weapons and it's challenging to say the least.
Just my opinion

ALG

Gallardo
Jul 26, 2005
WI, with the other pro gamers
Call the charge noob if you will, but if it were such a great weapon is would be used a whole lot more. The thing is, it's just such an unusual weapon and harder to use then many others, that when someone does get killed by it they take notice since they weren't LGed, Flaked, shocked, or rocked to death. Of course being killed by any weapon besides those is quite low skill on the part of the user and unfair. Epicplzfix!

Also about the combos being too easy to hit, I don't know about you, but combos are not THAT easy to hit from any angle. I mean sure you can connect almost anything you want, but placing the core in the right place, flying through the air, and hitting it I think is quite an accomplishment, much moreso then putting your crosshair on someone and just clicking. If you think prediction with shock combos and bio is too easy, what do you have to say about shock and LG primary? WAY too low skill I would think.

howlatnight

Jan 8, 2006
this thread is mis-named It should be the Goo Gun thread.

With that aside the goo gun is awsome and can also be known as the demoralizing gun. Say you were winning singlehandedly aginst an opponent and you are stacked on weapons health and sheild. What do you do to keep them down? Kill them with the goo gun. :) It also makes good fun on teamspeak.

Skold likes his goo.

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
It doesn't take any skill to press fire and kill people with any weapon. Every weapon takes skill to get kills with consistently. If there was one that took no skill, everyone would use it, and no one would be any better than anyone else.

Bio would take a great deal of skill to use consistently, but no one seems to have that skill, except bots, which are freaking ridiculous with it. If I were a bot, I'd use nothing but bio and mini.

howlatnight

Jan 8, 2006
nuttella said:
It doesn't take any skill to press fire and kill people with any weapon. Every weapon takes skill to get kills with consistently. If there was one that took no skill, everyone would use it, and no one would be any better than anyone else.

Bio would take a great deal of skill to use consistently, but no one seems to have that skill, except bots, which are freaking ridiculous with it. If I were a bot, I'd use nothing but bio and mini.

And flak, oh wait they already do.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
In 1v1, the goo is pretty much the only quick way to come back from getting spawn raped repeatedly. The thing does over 200 damage fully loaded. IMO, it should do no more than 80-90 and it should charge more quickly. That way it's less of a instagib-style weapon and more of an actual strategy weapon. Unless your name is GitzZz, nobody uses the goo as an actual offensive weapon when they have several other more powerful and usable weapons (shock, flak, lightning, rockets, etc.)

In other gametypes I don't think it's nearly as unbalanced as in 1v1, though. The sad thing in 1v1 is that when your opponent has all the health/shield and all the weapons under control, there is really no other option. One thing I hate about UT2k4 1v1 is that when you find yourself in a situation like this, going for the goo is actually smarter than going for something like a shock rifle or rocket launcher. IMO the more versatile and generally powerful weapons should be the ones that are most effective in a comeback, not weapons like the goo.

But I guess if it weren't for the random goo spam, UT2k4 1v1's would result in even more spawn raping and blowouts. The goo serves a purpose, but unfortunately that purpose shouldn't be there in the first place.

$lacker

«ßrothers în combat»
the only gametype where bio is really useful in any way is assault, because its a quick way to kill people standing on switches who arent going to move much anyways. Otherwise, using bio is pretty much a crapshoot (probably 75% luck).
I have never found it practical in any other gametype except maybe in 1v1s when the other guy has full control over the map and its my only hope to de-stack him.

Last edited:

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Bio rifle is a very useful defensive weapon. And it works wonders for covering pickups, flags, switches, etc.

*edit* it's probably the best weapon to run backward around corners with.

Last edited:

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
briach said:
Bio rifle is a very useful defensive weapon. And it works wonders for covering pickups, flags, switches, etc.

quoted for truth ;)

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
In my experience the bio primary works best while running backwards when someone is pursuing you, and I'm not talking around corners. It just seems easier to hit the goo pieces more consistently when someone's giving chase.

BioBlizzard

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE !
Apr 24, 2006
briach said:

true:lol:

dc

Aug 17, 2005
briach said:
Tell that to all the shock humping faggots in the 1v1 community