Windows 7 or 8?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
That's the only time I've seen it. Not really annoying as all versions of windows has some kind of autoplay popup.

I might have autoplay disabled, but I haven't done much with the DVD drive yet either.:)

And, yes, if you already have Win7 on a computer then no reason to "upgrade" to Win8 on that computer. My son has Win7 on my brother's old computer, so no reason to touch that. I bought a new laptop and kinda had no choice and I took the Win8 plunge.

Last edited:

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Mleh, I'm more about Windows 8 when it comes to using it with a tablet, probably, but for a desktop or laptop, I still prefer Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Bump. Well, I got my sweet HP laptop which comes with both Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8 Pro. 7 works just fine as was expected and forseen but since I just got the laptop and was feeling adventurous, I decided to take Windows 8 for a spin first, 'cause why not.

Seriously, it's just like 7 but with unnecessary BS replacing some key things. I just couldn't stop asking myself, "Why would I want to use this over 7?" And to add a cherry on top of the lamecake, Windows 8 failed to recognize my wireless adapter, even when I installed the needed software that was bundled along with the laptop.

So I don't think I'll be using 8 for a long while now.

EDIT: Apparently I missed a step when I was installing the requisite software on Windows 8 so it's no wonder the network adapter wasn't recognized. Nevertheless, the "Why would I want to use this over 7?" part still very much applies.

Last edited: