CoD 4 Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
BTW defeat i noticed i get TONS of headshots with your config, i guess 125 fps does that to a man. Last night i had 2 guys in front of me BOP, BOP 2 headshots.

Mar 6, 2004
OMFG!!! i needed 1 more ****in kill and i could not do it.

99killsil9.jpg

1 more ****in kill i needed, a whole minute and died 10 times. I was desperate for 1 lousy kill but no, nothing but a slap in the fkin face!

BTW that's the second time i used that ak-74u gun. The first i made people go wtf, the 2nd time (the ss) i made alot of people quit and call hacks, and wtf and ****. I tried WAY too hard and it screwed me over in the most important part. I started 33-9 and everyone else was at 9 kills or less. I love laying on the ground!!!

I was so bad in the final minute my aim was was gone, everything i worked for was gone..it was me and spraying for a chance to get a kill!! *sigh* My heart was pounding a billion times a second, and my hands shaking so bloody much.

BTW that was not hardcore, that was normal mode.

Last edited:

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
The FPS bug just gives you slightly higher/longer jumping as far as I know. I do know however, it is present in almost all games running on IDtech and does much more in them so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm poorly informed for what it does do in cod4.

Kaleena

Unregistered User
Feb 17, 2008
125fps affects jumps

100fps and 100maxpackets affect accuracy and damage (you receive from and send more updates to the server)
But it's not a huge difference though.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
Instead of doing my usual peak and poke on Creek, I just got on top of the hill and kept moving around sniping people like that. I don't think I died once when doing that. I love jumping and shooting people with the sniper :}

Mar 6, 2004
How do you run and gun with a sniper rifle? the scope is much too slow, it's slower then an ak47 firing, and that gun is pretty slow. I guess you need acog. When it try running and gunning i just hit the button as the other guys have hit the button to scope and shoot to kill. It's that slow!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Just off from a server who doesn't allow: Marty, Grenade Launchers, Hopping, Swearing. But does allow Last Stand. Then the next game on overgrown it took them 5 minutes to realize I was standing on the roof from the MG building pointed at farm. Nubs.

Defeat

GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO
Apr 2, 2005
Illinois
www.google.com
How do you run and gun with a sniper rifle? the scope is much too slow, it's slower then an ak47 firing, and that gun is pretty slow. I guess you need acog. When it try running and gunning i just hit the button as the other guys have hit the button to scope and shoot to kill. It's that slow!

Ya, M40 with ACOG is over 9000 quicker and easier to use for running and sniping. Just use the M40 because it's base damage is 75 instead of 70 like every other sniper. (I think)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yet I still need to unlock the ACOG on the M21 :>
But when I tried the sniper yesterday, it felt like a HC wonder. The R700 and such have too long ROF.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
What about 125 FPS + 100 packets?

cl_maxpackets covers the possible number of packets sent per frame, so I don't see how limiting it to 63 with 125 FPS would help anything.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
When I think of COD4 I can't help but think of ordering fish and chips 4 times for me and some friends after a night on the piss from the Alexander chippy on the sea front of my home town.

Never played the game btw

Carry on

Lruce

Mar 6, 2004
Just off from a server who doesn't allow: Marty, Grenade Launchers, Hopping, Swearing. But does allow Last Stand. Then the next game on overgrown it took them 5 minutes to realize I was standing on the roof from the MG building pointed at farm. Nubs.

I love when everyone is standing still looking around or looking at a heli and you rape their whole base. I wish i could figure out how to get them from behind that way all the time.

Mar 6, 2004
Ok well, it seems as if MP5 with silencer is pretty damn good on that dumb vacant map. I have always ALWAYS sucked with every gun i have used on that map except that, it's like made for that map or something.

Steady aim
stopping power
3 flash gernades

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Well obviously a SMG is a big use in something like Vacant.

Oh and I had to post this because I suck...
[SCREENSHOT]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4551/shot0083ih3.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Mar 6, 2004
Well obviously a SMG is a big use in something like Vacant.

Oh and I had to post this because I suck...
[SCREENSHOT]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4551/shot0083ih3.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

You do suck, get some skill n00b!:mad:

I still need to find a demo of people pulling off scores like that, i watched my demos and can't figure out wtf i am doing wrong...maybe theirs i can find out.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The best way is to know where the enemy is at, and where to hit it. I tend to flank them as much as I can, especially when an opportunity shows up. I would record myself playing, but then Fraps lags it down to a weirdish 60 FPS that feels more like a 35-ish

My loadout:

M4 w/ Red dot sight
Brandolier
Stopping Power
Deeper Impact

I shot people trough walls very, very often so this is my way to go. I rarely tend to run dry with Brandolier. I don't run and gun much, the way I play is move in to a different spot every 3-4 kills I make. Except some ridiculous spot in Crossfire where people doesn't mind much about you.

If you want to know what happened in this game, it was like shooting at running rats 8-10 kills every magazine once. It's still enough adrenaline going on when you see a bunch of nade and bullet spam coming at you after they know your location, I made it to a very hax-like avoidance tonight without getting called a cheater, but rather a camper and ****er. Too bad I can't get a decent FPS while recording.

Last edited: