Trading is bullshit

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I come back home and saw this. I had a 0.01 lot going long and it totalled my account :lol:. Broker is looking into it but I think this might have put me off trading for life :p .

[screenshot]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=102949&stc=1&d=1372277396[/screenshot]

Attachments

• xagusdmonthly2.png
    xagusdmonthly2.png
    12 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
I invest into various types of funds and MMA's. I also have a diversified retirement portfolio. Since I only have about $400 a week income I find trading too risky. Though I don't live paycheck to paycheck like most of the people I work with.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I thought you were talking about the new trading cards on Steam. :p

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
they let you trade in options? that's the closest to gambling a bank can offer you.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
they let you trade in options? that's the closest to gambling a bank can offer you.

This is silver on the foreign exchange. This kind of glitch shouldn't happen. Although some dishonest brokers do mess around with their charts to make ppl lose money.

He does IT shit for Goldman Sachs I think. But he does invest, even though it's with one of the worst companies on this planet.

I'm about to sell half my IBM stock and get some other hot stock that I've been keeping an eye on. My $500 IBM investment turned into $22k, so I'm pretty sure I'm golden lol.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Real money is in botting the penny stocks. I know someone that made a day trading app that made over $20k in 6 months trading penny stocks. And he spent maybe 2 hours a week tweaking the buying/selling stuff.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Erm, so at what prices did you get in and out? I always take notice when I see a big up candle followed by just as big of a down candle. After that it failed to make a new high. Worst case I would have tried to jump out at thirty. But that's all conjecture, and I can't figure out how much time each bar represents. I'd like to know what your thought process was through this.

And I don't actively day trade. I have a very small account that got started from stock the company gave everyone a while back. Our group handles client and exchange connectivity. When I get a day off I usually go find myself a ninja trader demo, and trade ES futures (S&P 500 e-mini futures). Sometimes I'll do options spreads. I'll usually average 1% a day after you factor in losing days and such. I've made ok stock calls, but it's not my forte as I don't actively research it anymore.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Erm, so at what prices did you get in and out? I always take notice when I see a big up candle followed by just as big of a down candle. After that it failed to make a new high. Worst case I would have tried to jump out at thirty. But that's all conjecture, and I can't figure out how much time each bar represents. I'd like to know what your thought process was through this.

It was lower down catching a small up move. The thing here is that the glitch took price down to zero in under a minute, which is impossible. It was so sudden the account remained in the negative before margin call kicked in. Apparently something went seriously wrong with the signal and the broker had to restore the account.

Each candle here lasts 1 month. What you describe sounds like an engulfing pattern. Definitely not something to go against as it shows up as a pinbar on a higher timeframe.

What was I thinking ? At first I was like, "wow, didn't expect a crash to be so sudden...". Then I came back down to earth and realized that something must've messed up on the server side :p .

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Here's how the chart should be.

[screenshot]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=102950&stc=1&d=1372463588[/screenshot]

Attachments

• xagusdmonthly4edit.png
    xagusdmonthly4edit.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 47

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Got to remember that in the end futures are a trading vehicle more than anything. I've always wished I could put gold in my 401k so I could take advantage of that trade. But that's exactly why you usually can't do that. There's been days that one future of gold or silver could net $100,000. It's just not stable. Anyone who would want to peg our currency against such a monster is crazy, naive, or both.