May 3rd, Baby

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
[GU]elmur_fud;2495017 said:
New stuff

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTz-msAYwoI[/M]

That was freaking awesome. Also I have to say for being on a heavily modified UE2.5 this is looking freaking nice.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
3DR said a long time ago that they developed a muscle system as an overlay to the model bones to influence movement and control texture deformation. You can kinda see that in duke lifting wieghtd in the old teaser.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvCLRXuFoKk[/M]

HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/teaser-hd-duke-nukem/29074

Obviously they have added normal mapping, and I think they changed the lighting system quite a bit. can't tell for sure personally as lighting is not my strong suit. Polygon count looks about UT2k4ish.

[GU]elmur_fud

Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
^Hadn't heard that. runs and looks

I'VE BEEN RIPPED OFF!!!!!!!
The official: http://www.gamestop.com/gs/images/bonus/DukeNukemLELG.jpg

Me: http://morbiditydesigns.com/irrelovent/dnfcdart.jpg

Ok in all seriousness wth else would it have looked like?

I was hoping for a chrome box, in part for the upgrade to my e-penis, but also because I kept the emails of the 3 people that sent me death threats over there apparent dislike of my inflamatorily popular chrome gimmickry. Just so I could email them with some good Ole-fashioned smack talk.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Also I have to say for being on a heavily modified UE2.5 this is looking freaking nice.

Wasn't Bioshock 1 also a heavily modified UE2.5 build, despite claims of being UE3?

Regardless, I'm not too worried about the graphics for this game. It's been in development for 12 years and with 3+ engine changes, I have no expectations for graphical quality or consistency. All I want is to play a fun game at this point.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
ESRB ratting.

Duke Nukem Forever

Platform: Windows PC, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360

Rating: Mature

Content descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Strong Sexual Content, Use of Drugs and Alcohol

Rating summary:

This is a first-person shooter in which players assume the role of Duke Nukem, an action hero who must save Earth from invading aliens. Players use pistols, rail guns, shotguns, explosives, and Duke's bare hands to attack and kill the alien enemies. The majority of gameplay involves destroying these enemies in frenetic gun and laser battles in order to move on to the next section. Aliens are often decapitated or dismembered when hit, sending large splashes of blood across the ground, surrounding walls, and players' screen. Some sequences depict more 'over-the-top' instances of violence: aliens getting stabbed in the head or impaled; a human soldier bursting into bloody gibs after being tossed through propeller blades. In one sequence, players have the ability to shoot human characters that are trapped in pod-like alien webbing; bodies explode into pieces upon impact. During the course of the game, players enter a strip-club level and view several topless dancers and receive lap dances. A couple of missions within this level require players to recover sex toys and pictures of topless women. A few sequences strongly imply sexual acts: two women appear to perform fellatio on the central character (e.g., raising their heads from his lap)—though there is no actual depiction of the sex act; Duke moans and leans up against the wall of a bathroom stall (furnished with a hole)—it is implied that a sex act (not depicted) occurs. The game also contains several sexual references and innuendo in the dialogue (e.g., 'I have hungry—you have big egg ro' for me, Duke,' 'If you supply the dancing, I'll supply the pole,' and 'I'll need something naughty to play with.'). Duke's comments range from jokes about colon cleansing to several one-liners about sex and female body parts. Bathroom humor includes the ability to urinate in toilets or urinals and/or pick up feces from toilets and throw it against walls. Players can use both steroid pills and beer as power-ups; when beer is consumed, the screen temporarily blurs. The words 'f**k,' 'sh*t,' 'c*ck,' and 'a*shole' appear in dialogue and on-screen text.

[GU]elmur_fud

Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
The website got a major overhaul with allot of new goodies including the duke cave in which they confirm my suspition that the twins that are pleasuring the king while he plays his game and l8r get abducted in the trailer are Mary and Kate Holsen, not a similarly named and looking set of twins in real life so it is all just a big coincidence. ;)

http://www.dukenukemforever.com

[GU]elmur_fud

Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Since this hasn't been posted.

Minimum Specifications• OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
•Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 @ 2.0 Ghz
•Memory: 1 Gb
•Hard Drive: 10 Gb free
•Video Memory: 256 MB
•Video Card: nVidia GeForce 7600 / ATI Radeon HD 2600
•Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

Recommended Specifications •OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
•Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 @ 2.6 Ghz
•Memory: 2 Gb
•Hard Drive: 10 Gb free
•Video Memory: 512 MB
•]Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS / ATI Radeon HD 3850
•Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

OTHER REQUIREMENTS & SUPPORTS
Initial installation requires one-time internet connection for Steam authentication; software installations required (included with the game) include Steam Client, Microsoft DirectX, Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (ATL), Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable, and AMD Dual Core Optimizer. (AMD optimizer required only for specific AMD processors to run the game correctly, but installs for all of them.)
Software license terms available at www.take2games.com/eula. Non-transferable access to special features such as exclusive, unlockable, downloadable or online content, services, or functions may require single-use serial code, additional fee and/or online account registration (13+). Access to special features may require internet connection, may not be available to all users, and may, upon 30 days notice, be terminated, modified or offered under different terms. Online play and download requires broadband internet service. User responsible for associated fees.

And supposedly it's gone gold, but I read that on DN3d: reloaded's facebook page, not something gearbox.