Elder Scrolls: Skyrim [DARGONS EDITION]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Small playable area vs. Everything you see you can go to and it's just as detailed.
Totally fair(ly ridiculous) comparison.

Why don't both of you get out of this thread if all you will do is complain and stir up crap? (aka the real definition of trolling)

Skyrim ain't perfect by any means but it's damn better than UT3 ever was in more than one aspect so to even bring that up makes no one want to take you seriously. I still can't even host a game online on UT3 for fuck's sake after years of looking up how to get through whatever restricted NAT I have left that it's still picking up.

Once again: get out.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
liking a game = worship?

better yet, why don't you quote the part where anyone in this thread said it was perfect.
oh wait, you can't do that because no one said it.

idea for a tag: Sleepyhe4d digs himself a hole, forgets ladder.

Trololololol

I don't see any holes, and btw it's called hyperbole, but by the way you're acting someone could easily assume you think it's perfect. :lol:

Once again: get out.

Discussion forum bro, not circle jerk forum.

Also we didn't really stir up much crap, we just criticized the game and people got batshit crazy and pissed. Why can't people have a civil discussion these days?

Anyways, I'm moving on.

Last edited:

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Small playable area vs. Everything you see you can go to and it's just as detailed.
Totally fair(ly ridiculous) comparison.
Personally, I think Skyrim looks absolutely gorgeous and I think most of these too-cool-for-the-room look-at-my-warped-standards people are approaching this a little weirdly, but to be completely fair: in this specific scenario in the screenshots the total size of the playable area of the level in the screenshot is about the same in both games, I'd say. I don't know, the UT3 map could even be a little bigger.

To get to the mountains you see in the Skyrim screenshot you have to leave the city cell and load into the outside world.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but still.
Obviously Skyrim is a huge game and just because some areas happen to be restricted they can't just go and make those incredibly detailed (although to a certain degree they are more detailed). You need some sort of consistency, so even the small, restricted, corridor levels in Skyrim have their level of detail dictated by the vast environment, to some degree.
Also, what's probably more important, the interactivity in Skyrim is a multitude higher than in UT3. All those NPCs with their little daily activities, all those clusters of tiny items you can steal.
And let's not forget the dynamic daytime cycles that would bring that UT3 map to its knees.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/lWYk3.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/tOsW6.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/2vqWC.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Sleepy I do this is for your own good.
Why can't people have a civil discussion these days?
people?
the question is; why can't you have a civil discussion?

this started out as me poking fun at how you played. I tried to make it obvious with the ";)" and ":p." and there are a number of ways you could have responded to this but you were the one who escalated into defensive hostility. go back and read how the conversation progressed. look at the tone of others people's posts (even Mang Nux) and compare it with the tone of your posts.

why can't we have a civil discussion?
oh I dunno, maybe it has something to do with...
-Trololololol :lol:
-Discussion forum bro, not circle jerk forum.
-batshit crazy and pissed
-you guys are butthurt assholes
-As for Brizz, he can't read I guess.
-childish crap.
-no not everyone will worship it. Get the fuck over it.
-I'm not sure if you're under the delusion that I care what you think
-so whatever.
-the googly eyed people.
-wow u mad
-Don't become the level of fanboy everyone always ridicules.
-Bethseda with their swindling, trickery and over-hyped polished turds.
-people trying to pass these screenshots off as art or something, which is sad. None of those screenshots are worth the kbs they take up. :lol:
-This game is Jacks' Allah.
-apparently you don't understand
-Boring to me, and I'm sure other people too, but I guess they just don't play the game.
-I really want to like the game though.
I'm sorry, but I tried to keep this civil. :hmm:
I'm sorry, but no you didn't.
you were civil for maybe one post. the rest was indefensible drivel. no one else was name-calling.

you sound like a clown and you're the only one who doesn't realize it.
You can bother yourself with the issue as much as you want. Good day sir. :eek:
Anyways, I'm done with this childish crap.
Anyways, I'm moving on.
you even said you were going to walk away 3 times.
yet you came right back to it.

why?
I guess you felt as though you hadn't made a big enough fool of yourself.
always room for improvement huh?

so much for "discrete since 2011" ..............

Last edited:

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/lWYk3.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/tOsW6.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

[SCREENSHOT]http://i.imgur.com/2vqWC.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Duder, console commands are your friend! Get rid of that hud and you got yourself a desktop background for a day or 2.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
since Sjosz didn't actually mention how... :p
you open the console with the tilde key [`~] and type "tm" to get rid of the HUD.
stands for Toggle Menus.

but this will also make the console invisible. so when you want the HUD back, the next time you press tilde you won't be able to see what you're typing until you've entered "tm" again.

also another nice command for taking screenshots is "tfc" or Toggle Free Camera.
this removes the 1st/3rd person camera restrictions and lets you fly the camera around so you can snap pics from any angle/height. it doesn't matter where your character is, when you type "tfc" again you will be replaced in your 1st/3rd person view.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
Speaking of spiders. They're big and cuddly enough not to be scary (I think it's mostly because they don't have long legs), but I love how they wet their mouths sometimes. Disgusting. lol

Those scrawny wolves look nasty though. It's usually the other way round.

Last edited:

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
So I was doing Family Heirloom, which meant I had to kill some giant, so I traveled there, a dragon shows up, pretty easy fight, the giant and mammoth help out. While the fight is going on, I hear another dragon. Storm atronach is a bit liberal with the lightning and after first dragon is dead, giant and mammoth decide to molest my party. They were in pretty bad shape from the dragon fight and die fast, even got to use ice shout on troll, made me lol to see him turn into a popsicle. Second dragon finally lands, decides to molest local wild life first, shoot it with bow, storm atronach feels him up with lightning. Dragons are sometimes more a nuisance than a real threat. At least they power my shouts.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I had to post this.

And let's not forget real time lighting.

The game is good, but doesn't come close to justifying the hype. And I cannot get over this:

If Skyrim didn't live the hype I wouldn't hear people talk about it in the bus nor college. More like it doesn't justify your personal hype.

I'm not even sure what your point is anyway, you claim the game is good but you can't overcome the fact a 2007 game is on-par with Skyrim's visual standards?

I would have expected people mentioning the simplicity and redundancy seen in the combat aspect at first hand, but this is getting retarded.