Elder Scrolls: Skyrim [DARGONS EDITION]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Apparently there's not a thread with Skyrim in the title, in this particular subsection of the forums.

Now, as we all know, this will cause many a normal person to turn into a reclusive creature that stares at flashing panels of light, attached to a seat and hands clasping a mouse and keyboard. This is what we call an elder scrolls zombie.

The game has many visual improvements, including ridiculous draw distances on the PC version, which will probably humble my GTX 460 (which is most likely bottlenecked by my processor, but I digress). The game looks amazing. But most importantly, it has DARGONS.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I have little hope for this game though I would love to be proven wrong at release. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion.

Also,
OMFG CONSOLIZATION!!!

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
...little hope for this game...

loved Oblivion

Wat. If you loved oblivion, how can you have little hope? You can't get much worse than oblivion and this one actually looks a bit better because of some mistakes they learned from oblivion.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I have little hope for this game though I would love to be proven wrong at release. I loved Morrowind and Oblivion.

Also,
OMFG CONSOLIZATION!!!

Don't want to be too negative because I also liked Oblivion, but part of the ^ is true.

You guys do realize Oblivion was released on consoles the same day as the PC version, yet you still loved it. So why would Skyrim be any different?

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
You have little hope for a successor to a game of the year by the same team that has been working on this game since Oblivion? Why on earth would you have little hope? I posit it will be awesome, and I am going to play the bejeezus out of this game.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
You have little hope for a successor to a game of the year by the same team that has been working on this game since Oblivion? Why on earth would you have little hope? I posit it will be awesome, and I am going to play the bejeezus out of this game.
This, you're all negative nancies, talking crap about this game when it hasn't even come out yet.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
The above being SleepyHead, not inferneyes o_O Jeez.

I'm actually looking forward to this one and see if they correct some of the mistakes they did with Oblivion.

I didn't think I'd need to clarify that.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
I won't be truly happy with Elder Scrolls again until they put game-breaking spells and potions back in the game like Morrowind had and then you can beat the main campaign in 4 minutes. Good combat (something Morrowind did not have) AND the ability to do crazy things (something Oblivion did not have) along with lack of copy-paste areas (a thing which all the Elder Scrolls games have had to so far to some degree) would make like the best game ever.

Until then I'll be moderately pleased if it turns out good.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
[m]http://youtu.be/9nf4zsw_nFY[/m]
Not the best comparison video, but it gets the point across, plus the music is rather loud.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I have little hope because the games have gotten shallower as it has gotten prettier.

If the difference between Morrowind and Oblivion is the same as the difference between Oblivion and Skyrim it will just be hack'n slash crap.

I want Skyrim to have the depth of Morrowind and the production quality that is already has, but it doesn't look like that. Just take a look at the menu system. It's all flashy and cool but if you didn't notice it suffers from the same problems that oblivions menus suffered from. Theres more blank space on the screen than actual useful information and inventory lists which will leave you scrolling down for ten minutes to find the potion you needed.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Darn it, I know you did it on purpose but... AHHH! IT'S SPELLED DRAGONS!!! IDIOTS!!

OK, I'm better now.

I keep hearing about Morrowind though. Morrowind did this, Morrowind did that, Is it going to be like Morrowind? I'm not going to play it if it's not like Morrowind.

You know what? Why don't you guys go back to playing Morrowind. Some of use here though want to play a different Elder Scrolls game.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
You know what? Why don't you guys go back to playing Morrowind. Some of use here though want to play a different Elder Scrolls game.
Lolwat. The comparison with Morrowind has to do with the better interface overall and the depth that Morrowind has compared to Oblivion during combat. If you want horrible menus and shallow combat, fine but let us speak our desires for otherwise please.

Now that I've seen Skyrim's menu system, I think I have to agree with Inferneyes finally. The most horrible thing about Oblivion is coming back (IMO.) I don't care how it looks if it's dysfunctional, and it already is in just that small video.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
I'm currently playing Oblivion for the first time. Heavily modded to get rid of the horrible things they didn't fix since Morrowind (I don't remember enough from Arena and never played Daggerfall so Morrowind is my point of reference) and the ones they felt they need to add to Oblivion.

I doubt this will be any different with Skyrim.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
You know I never really had a problem with the scrolling in Oblivion, partly because I never carried 50 million goddamn things ;) Item management people.

Also I love how skills are more tree based. I have hopes that the leveling will be somewhat competent now.