BSP secret revealed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Apparently I found out that different Unreal or UT versions of UnrealED have different results in rebuiling, I found most acurrate and about no bsp bugs when map is rebuilt by the editor found in 220, but fixed version of that.
I found that out while messing with the UPSX maps and spent endless times trying to rebuild it and optimize the map without any holes.

Could someone port this better BSP builder over to 227?

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Wrong forum, chief... this notice will be most swiftly noticed on OldUnreal where all 227 developers circle around. Still, precious notice and worth using! Unless you use some 220-specific coding, 220 is THE rebuilding platform for all U1 and UT maps IMO - you just build the entire BSP work in there and if you're aiming to make a 227 or UT map, just place the inventory only in the proper editor - BAM! ready.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I posted it in oldunreal too, exact same thread. It is not perfect but it is much better rebuilder than even before.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Thinking about it, a workaround would be to create a script that would convert T3Ds with everything to T3Ds with only geometry (and lighting?) + T3Ds with everything else - that way you can use the 220 T3D to rebuild, then open with a later editor and just import the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.