Adding custom maps to retail server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

HudsonC

Jan 30, 2008
I hope this isn't a double post, but I've tried the search and no joy. I would like to add custom maps to my server, but there is not a Publish folder for them. I have tried putting them in the Unpublished folder on Cooked PC, and under different folders under the game in My Documents and under UT3 in the Program files. Do I need to create a Published Folder or do I need to put the different files in to different Locations ex .ini, .ut3, .upk? Thanks

Minimaul

Hate Kill Destroy
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
You'll need to add the proper directory and put all the custom map files into that folder. You'll also need to edit UTGame.ini on the server and to put the maps into the voting rotation.

It should be something like .......\CookedPC\CustomMaps

and the map files go in the custommaps folder.

HudsonC

Jan 30, 2008
"C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps" Is what I have on my own pc

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps Is on the server.
Do I put the maps in this folder then update the mapvoting .ini

Minimaul

Hate Kill Destroy
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
I believe the server directory should be published, and not unpublished. Yes, put the maps into that folder (.....published\cookedpc\custommaps) and then on the server update the UTGame.ini

Here is my part of my utgame.ini from my server, I have the HOLP map pack and I took out maps that I don't want people to vote on on my server. my server is just for DM/TDM/CTF vanilla style.

Code:
[UTGame.UTGame]

GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTDeathmatch",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Diesel","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTTeamGame",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTCTFGame_Content",Maps=("CTF-Coret","CTF-Hydrosis","CTF-Reflection","CTF-OmicronDawn","CTF-Strident","CTF-Haco","CTF-Hosh","CTF-Lupo","CTF-Turbo","CTF-Ultra"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTOnslaughtGame_Content",Maps=("WAR-Downtown","WAR-SinkHole","WAR-Dusk","WAR-Islander","WAR-Avalanche","WAR-MarketDistrict","WAR-OnyxCoast","WAR-Powersurge","WAR-Serenity","WAR-FloodGate","WAR-Torlan"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTVehicleCTFGame_Content",Maps=("vCTF-Containment","vCTF-Corruption","vCTF-Kargo","vCTF-Necropolis","vCTF-Sandstorm","vCTF-Suspense"))

If you are using CustomUT, there are more things to do to get the CustomUT voting to work properly.

HudsonC

Jan 30, 2008
I thought so, I think the guy that install my UT3 on the server screwed up. There is no Published folder anywhere on the server. LOL Thanks for your help. Have to yell at someone in my Clan

Minimaul

Hate Kill Destroy
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
You'll probably have to make it. I had to make it for my home install, and then I had to add the CustomMaps folder on my server.

HudsonC

Jan 30, 2008
Well I got the maps loaded, and I can change the maps in the AdminConsole. But I don't get the map voting when on the server. I have set bAllowmapvoting true and the rotaion true. I can't seem to find anything else the will let me get the map vote up on the server.

Minimaul

Hate Kill Destroy
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
Well I got the maps loaded, and I can change the maps in the AdminConsole. But I don't get the map voting when on the server. I have set bAllowmapvoting true and the rotaion true. I can't seem to find anything else the will let me get the map vote up on the server.

You need to edit the UTGame.ini on the server. Where it shows the below text, you need to add the map names into the cycle for each gametype. At the end of the line in my example you can see how I added the HOLP CTF maps to the CTF section. And you'll notice that Vertebrae isn't in the list; that's because I took it out so it isn't in the map voting - although it is on the server.

Code:
[UTGame.UTGame]

GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTDeathmatch",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Diesel","DM-RisingSun","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTTeamGame",Maps=("DM-Arsenal","DM-Sanctuary","DM-Deck","DM-Defiance","DM-Sentinel","DM-ShangriLa"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTCTFGame_Content",Maps=("CTF-Coret","CTF-Hydrosis","CTF-Reflection","CTF-OmicronDawn","CTF-Strident","CTF-Haco","CTF-Hosh","CTF-Lupo","CTF-Turbo","CTF-Ultra"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTOnslaughtGame_Content",Maps=("WAR-Downtown","WAR-SinkHole","WAR-Dusk","WAR-Islander","WAR-Avalanche","WAR-MarketDistrict","WAR-OnyxCoast","WAR-Powersurge","WAR-Serenity","WAR-FloodGate","WAR-Torlan"))
GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTVehicleCTFGame_Content",Maps=("vCTF-Containment","vCTF-Corruption","vCTF-Kargo","vCTF-Necropolis","vCTF-Sandstorm","vCTF-Suspense"))

Last edited:

HudsonC

Jan 30, 2008
Yep done that and the mapvoting still doesn't come up. Does the bTournament=false need to be true?

Minimaul

Hate Kill Destroy
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
Mine is set to false.

Is it the in-game voting that isn't working? Or are you using CustomUT (or anything similar)?