Checking in...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RekL3ss

Masterful..HEH..ya right!?
May 27, 2001
So. Cal. USA
home.pacbell.net
player return... thats me

Well, I haven't seen much action here in over 10 yrs... but this was always my favorite shooter.... and it plays and looks fantastic on these new pc's. Wow. Hope you guys can maybe resurrect a small group to play again... I would love to but the servers are always empty. I have decided to start playing again anyway with the bots... so look for my name if any of you want to play... well... I'm in.

RekL3ss

Matiwas

Jun 2, 2009
I would love to play with you (or anyone else...) but it's damn hard to find anyone playing as it says "Master server unreachable". I Will reinstall this weekend and see if it helps. GET BACK ONLINE PEOPLE!

Matiwas

Jun 2, 2009
Thanks for the link! *Bookmarked*
I could honestly install twice this much files if there was even a few players online on weekends.. :)

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Yup. The other day i couldn't find any servers either.
Masterserver gone. I'm impatient.

And so it ends still survives..

Last edited:

RekL3ss

Masterful..HEH..ya right!?
May 27, 2001
So. Cal. USA
home.pacbell.net
XploD servers

Just managed to get on the XploD servers... If any of you are having trouble with file errors saying things are "version Missmatch" or such then drop a line here and I will try to help u out as you must make some changes from the install of 2.9 CE in order to access these servers... they are the only ones I have found that are up and running stable so if any of you know of others that you are playing on I would also like to know. Thx.

I will hang out on these servers hoping to catch some game.

Favorites[3]=-= XploD2 =- Coop Server with PsyTex 1.2 camos only\81.169.130.125\8889\False
Favorites[4]=-= XploD =- TDM Server with PsyTex 1.2\81.169.130.125\7778\False

The above was a partial paste from a post in these forums under "Infilitration Online" then "current server list". It was taken from the second favorites list down from the top.

Hope to see somebody playing............ ...... ..... soon!

RekL3ss

demonfire307

May 15, 2011
It's been way too long

It's literally been about 8 years since i played this game on the norm. I remember playing w/ DBD. A couple of peoples names here are bringing back some memories. My computer is in the works so I might be able to get inf running again, but it sounds like people are having a hard time getting all the right versions. With that said, I'm most likely going to be re-installing from scratch. Anything I should know?

I'm still astounded that all of you guys keep this forum going. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Dello

Mappie

--Total World Domination--
Nov 9, 2002
maryland, USA
Visit site
Wow....

For all of you that even remember me...This was my game...I finally figured out my password and username to this place. You all were my BRO's. Ever since 2.86....I have never had another game or community like this one.

ILCR.....RAIL.....DTAS. My bros in <P^R>...and all you other clannies (you know who you are).

Seeing some of these old names is great. Almost been 10 years now. I hope one day this place becomes alive and kicking again. Hopefully I can get the ol' girl up and running again. Like someone else posted earlier in the thread...I stopped trying to compare other games to this one. There is no point. If any movement happens at all. Let me know. Ill be sure to check the threads now and again.

Yall rock...

--MAPPIE--

PS. Im sure the vodka martini's helped me remember this password. HAH

Derelan

Tracer Bullet
Jul 29, 2002
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm Derelan, and worm9. I'm that guy that found an Aimbot for UT99 that most servers couldn't detect. I knew where everyone was, shot everyone instantly, and mostly ruined a game that was incredibly rare yet still managed to organize an online match of 18 players.

Yes, I was an asshole. I apologise. If anyone was curious of my age at that time, I am currently 22.

Solie

Nov 1, 2009
Hello all! I'm excited be around here again. I'll be playing on the coop every now and then as Solinarius.

.Nova.

Hate
Feb 25, 2001
Denmark
www.planetunreal.com
Just stopping by to see what's up. I have to say Infiltration changed my direction in life. Because of the people here, I got involved with mods and worked towards making games professionally. I just recently finished my master's degree in games. Funny how things can have an impact..

GalZohar

Feb 27, 2008
Ramat Hasharon, Israel
Master's degree in games? Where did you do it, what kind of classes did you take and did you do a thesis?

I'm getting close to finishing my own master's degree, except mine is in physics. Probably not as useful for making games but looks nice on the resume and my BCs is in computer science as well.

.Nova.

Hate
Feb 25, 2001
Denmark
www.planetunreal.com
At the IT University in Copenhagen. Classes included Game Theory,
Gameworlds as Fields for Expression, User Experience and Prototyping, Game Development, Game Design, Creating Real-World Landscapes Using 3D Game Engines, From Concept Art to In-Game Graphics and Persuasive and Serious Games.
Those are just the ones I took, but there were also a lot of programming electives and classes for a more analytical and academic approach.
My thesis was on 'A Framework for Dynamic Dialogue in Games'.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Thanks for checking in guys!

Somehow it's still making me proud that we managed to get INF so deep into your inner brain that you're still comparing new games with it... as I do still too of course ;)

@geo ... still in Germany?
@Raek, Ere, yurch, sub, Almost, Dark, Cat! (hope I haven't missed one, if so: sorry!) ... great to read that you guys are still alive!

Latest games compared:
Battlefield Bad Company - SP cool stuff, MP good fun
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - SP close to part 1, MP very cool
Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising - ok but not really got me hooked
Operation Flashpoint Red River - ok too, but did not manage to get me hooked too
Homefront - SP well, old skool but "ok" and the story is more or less rubbish, MP tested for five minutes before I sold it
CoD Modern Warfare 2 - SP "ok" if you ignore the story, MP was fun some few days but not that great
CoD Black Ops - SP "very poor" gameplay, graphics (haven't seen an unanimated, non moving skybox for years... and the lighting seems somewhat missing) and "what story?", MP not even tested

Battlefield 3 Open Beta - MP one map to test (had not played the vehicle map) and it played great. First game I noticed that has a functional bipod that works like INFs weapon deploy feature. Overall it made a very good impression and the game is already pre-ordered.

Man would I love to work full time for a gaming company to produce a mix out of BF3 and INF... memories ;)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Welcome back Beppo. Guess what game I played today? :rolleyes:

Sentry Studios surely owes me a lot of time. Time well spent.

Battlefield 3 Open Beta - MP one map to test (had not played the vehicle map) and it played great. First game I noticed that has a functional bipod that works like INFs weapon deploy feature. Overall it made a very good impression and the game is already pre-ordered.

Man would I love to work full time for a gaming company to produce a mix out of BF3 and INF... memories ;)
BF3 is technically incredible. The sounds... wow. Overall look and feel and smoothness is brilliant. My only gripe: gameplay. Just way to fast, not my thing.
I only thought: "This [BF3] plus some portion of realism and we have an awesome game!" But no, time hasn't come yet.

Then form a company for yourself! I know, money is needed, a fact that makes all plans go to hell, as usual.

You know what I realized this year? Game design is what I have done for the past 10 years. Not official, but by hanging out on forums and suggesting stuff (hell, I even made that .pdf file with suggestion for INF back then). All the creative flow and ideas, that's my thing, where I feel comfortable and I surely enjoyed the times where there were duscussions and suggestions going on. Not only on BUF, but also on other (few) forums I have been active on.
I also realized that all this might have had potential, but did not come to fruition, probably because I never believed for it to be a real deal. I now sit here and think if it is still possible, but I honestly don't know where to begin with and with the currently screwed up gaming industy I don't know if I wanted to. I also imagine how it would be to just form a company and do my sh!t, indie dev, whatever... ahh well, dreams, but you never know right?
At the end if you want something you gotta fight for it, if "lack of faith" is what you begin with, then you have already lost.

Ok, enough with wisdom. I hope you figure something out for yourself Beppo.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
By the way, what about Red Orchestra 2? I don't believe you'd support TWI and their product, but RO2 is at least something that comes closer to a realism orientated game.

I ordered my UK import copy, not because I wanted (I actually didn't care and never cared about RO!), but because Zeep sorta talked me into it, lol. Right now I am actually sorta looking forward to try it and see what the fuzz is all about. Just costs me slightly more than 20 bucks at the end, so what.