UT Nali Weapons 3 - Preview (Video and Screenshots)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
DEVELOPMENT UPDATE (05-Mar-2011) - Cybot Launcher Finished

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE (05-Mar-2011) - Cybot Launcher Finished

If anyone wondered if this pack was still under development, read below (screenshots below as well):

138 classes, more than 100 texture files, 73 new 3D models and 2 months of development later, the Cybot Launcher is finally ready (finished it today).
Like I said previouslly, this was the most complex part of the NW3 pack and it would take time to finish, specially since I never did AI or Pawn animations (ended up to find further engine bugs on the way too regarding pawns), never the development of a single weapon took me this much time, but personally I am quite glad I could at least finish it the way I somewhat intended to, plus the most difficult thing in the pack was achieved, so now the rest is "relativelly easy" to make.

Although it was quite difficult to make, it's very easy to use and quite fun as well. It's a weapon classified as "Super Weapon", which means Redeemer's class, plus they are able to battle eachothers and are fully optimized for team games (2 to 4 teams), specially visually.
It can carry up to 15 ammo, however you get only 5 ammo at pickup (so basically you would need to get 3 launchers to get 15 ammo).

The cybots will fight and can get killed, and they are (F and G stand for "Follower" and "Guardian" respectivelly):

#1 - Sentinel - Stationary cybot, attacks incoming enemies with its blaster (1 ammo needed);
#2 - Dual Sentinel - An advanced version of the Sentinel: it holds 2 blasters so it attacks 2x faster (2 ammo needed);
#3 - Android F - A cybot which can walk, run, jump, cut heads off while jumping, as also a blaster, dodges incoming projectiles (when possible), etc... and follows you around (3 ammo needed);
#4 - Android G - Same as Android F, but this one doesn't follow you around, it stays at the place you deployed until it spots an enemy (3 ammo needed);
#5 - Heli F - Flies around following you and attacking enemies with a dual blaster, and dodges incoming projectiles, however it doesn't fire a while doing so (5 ammo needed);
#6 - Heli G - Same as Heli F, but doesn't follow you, it stays where it was deployed (it still moves around though) (5 ammo needed);
#7 - Drone F - It's a flying cybot with much more freedom than Heli, faster, it makes much less noise and it's harder to hit, and at times it fires up to 3 sequences of 7 following projectiles to hit different enemies at range, can fire while dodging, and follows you around (8 ammo needed);
#8 - Drone G - Same as Drone F, but doesn't follow you, it stays where it was deployed (it still moves around though) (8 ammo needed);
#9 - Kamikaze - It's a suicidal exploding cybot: it charges up for about 3 seconds (making the center light bigger and brighter), and makes a huge explosion, covering an area slightly bigger than the Redeemer (8 ammo needed);
#10 - F-Field - Also known as Force Field, it simply won't let any projectile pass through it's boundaries, friend or foe, although anyone is able to fire projectiles from the inside. From each time it receives damage through the field, it gets smaller, however this is the only cybot which can regenerate and grow big again to its initial state. There's a an option in the ini to also kill enemy pawns attempting to physically invade the field, but it's false by default (8 ammo needed);
#11 - Vortex - By far the best cybot you will want to get your hand on: it creates a quantum vortex and pulls everything at its reach (except projectiles). It frequently discharges some energy to the ground breaking it and atracting further matter into it (12 ammo needed).

------------------------------------------------------------
Some Notes:

Also, as you might imagine, the release time of NW3 will be again delayed (I never thought to take this much time, even thought I somewhat knew a long was needed for this weapon in particular), but this time I won't stablish a time, instead I will say what's still left to be done to release the pack:
- Some addons and fixes to the core and some already finished weapons;
- The nukes (about 5 of them, including the new Megaton and UltimaProtos, been saving some core visual features exclusivelly for these 2);
- A simple melee weapon;
- A few "utilities" (2 or 3, easy stuff)
- A few mutators
- Some new pickups to replace the standard ones

So as you see, the release gets closer and closer, and the development is not stopped, and there isn't that much to be done.

------------------------------------------------------------
SCREENSHOTS:

CybotLShot.png
CybotRunRed.png

CybotsListing.png

CybTeamColors.png

CybotExpl.png
FFieldShot.png

InGameCybotLauncher.png

KamikazeExpl.png

VortexShot.png

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Cool, so we can expect these weapons in about 2 weeks hopefully.
No, I didn't say that lol
I said that I am not stablishing a release date anymore, however it won't take much longer and I just listed the only things still left to do until release.

In resume: don't expect it this month, I may only release this only by April or May, idk (the hardest is done, an it took me 2 months to do it, the rest is easier so 2 months should be enough for "most" of the rest).

Vidumec

Mar 24, 2011
I liked version 2, but bots were a bit stupid there. Hope in version 3 they will learn, how to destroy cybots and not just walk past them.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
I liked version 2, but bots were a bit stupid there. Hope in version 3 they will learn, how to destroy cybots and not just walk past them.
Yeah, that happenned in 2, but this new pack has full bot support, meaning that bots actually attack the cybots this time, deploy mines, etc...
So when you attempt to deploy a Cybot Sentinel for instance, it won't last much with bots in GodLike level, trust me ;)

Vidumec

Mar 24, 2011
You may try to use StuffSwapper or WoRM 190. But you'll have to add weapons manually, there are no "presets" for Nali Weapons ( at least there was no )

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
A question for the author; is there any replacement weapon mutator to use the retail ut weapons mixed with this weapons?
Regarding the old NW2 is like Vidumec said above, however in NW3 there's a replacement mutator which you can use to make any replacement you want (even without being NW3 or retail weapons, as you can add weapons from other mods and use just 1 replacing mutator instead of 10 for instance).

Regarding retail weapons with NW3, I already thought on that, but it's not possible with the current mutator I built due to the very nature of the replacement itself, however I will work on it so that can be possible as well (I will add a bKeep=True/False in to the ini for each item to replace it and keep it at the same time in a rotative state).

You can replace a single weapon by several right now there, so this small feature is just a small step for what you asked.

Also I am thinking to add a "bLocker" as well in case admins/players want "lockers" with all the replaced weapons instead of "rotative states" (my own locker models, but the concept is basically the same as the UT2k4 lockers).

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Well, I am working in the nuclear weapons, and I have been sending some screens privatelly to some people from the weapon itself, the guiding nuke new HUD and the nuclear explosion themselves, receiving some nice feedback.

It happens that one of them, one of the low res screenshot of one of the nukes, still in earlly WIP, got leaked and posted over at ut99.org (not a problem, accidents happen).

Since it's so low res and doesn't show much (as said, WIP stuff so far), I guess it's ok to post it here also as heads up to people waiting for this pack:
file.php

A development update together with a nuclear explosion small video/clip will come soon, if everything runs alright.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Well, only because I don't post frequent updates anymore, it doesn't mean I am stopped :p
Like I said previouslly, it may not look I am active, but truth is that I didn't stop development at all, it just happens that some things take more time to do, specially with the small time I have now.

And doing 5 nukes which have to look reasonable nice and yet be fast and stable, implementing further NW3 core features for them and make a nuclear weapon that should pass the feeling of some "fear" and "respect" it's not an easy job. :)

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Nali Weapons 3 - Preview 2 (includes Nuke)

Basically put, I made a second NW3 preview as requested by some people, where I show the Graviton, the cybots and even 2 nuclear explosions (Level 4 [=Megaton], and a very small bit of Level 5 [=UltimaProtos] at the end of the video):

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75H1kzKC7lY[/M]

NuclearLauncherShot.png

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Maybe it's just my computer but even if the buffer is a ways ahead, the video still seems to be real choppy.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Maybe it's just my computer but even if the buffer is a ways ahead, the video still seems to be real choppy.

Weird. When I play it again it works now. Anyway, as always, great job with the weapons. It tells me how these high quality weapons can be made by just one person and not a team.

But you should convert your freeze gun to UT2004. I've been looking around for a good one but no one has made such. :mad: