I Like the new designs, but wheres the orignality?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DT007

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Ok, I like all the new planets, and their designs. But, they are all the same! I mean, the only thing that changes between them are the little graphics, and the colour scheme. Oh, and that little halo around the name. I mean, its a great design, but don't overdo it people. I think they should design it the way thattheywhat want to. Ah well, thats just my 2 cents.

S

Stallion

This is the way we want to /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
We've been getting tons of positive feedback via email on the new design. The design is nearly perfect, so much more than our last one. It loads quickly, is easy to update, and simply pleasing to the eye.

------------------
Chris «Stallion» Lambert
clambert@gamespy.com
ModCentral/PlanetUnreal

Fargo

Nov 10, 1999
www.gamespy.com
The "unified design" has some ups and downs. I agree that the sites seem a little "cookie cutter" compared to before, when every site GameSpy had was different. But there are some good things about doing it this way:

For one, you KNOW you're on the GameSpy network ... all of our sites have the same feel. Makes us feel more like a network. (Like we know what we're doing. /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

For another, it's easier for new users to find their way around. "Ah, PlanetUnreal. This must be by the same people who did PlanetHalfLife..." the navigation is similar.

We tried to take what was cool about all of the network sites and apply it across the board (Pic of the day, Mod of the week, etc.) PlanetUnreal is perfect, cuz it has so much great content.

At first I was a little worried that the sites would lack character if they all used similar design templates, but across the board the sites still seem to have their own flavor thanks to the writing style and the different content.

So yeah, it's not neccessarily original... but there are some benefits to it. Hope you enjoy the new site! The team here has been kicking *** trying to get this ready in time for UT....

------------------
-----------------
Dave "Fargo" Kosak
GameSpy

DT007

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Yea, you have a good point Fargo. The unity is nice, its just, well, I liked back in the day when you had your Planet Unreal, and your Planet Quake (which hasn’t changed yet) and you really felt like you were "on a different planet". Although, I have to say the new designs are very swanky!
Keep on trukin'

DT

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
What Fargo did not say was that we have been properly assimilated, that resistance was futile, and that our lives as they have been are over. From this point forward, we service GameSpy.....

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Six of Nine (I'm right under Seven of Nine)
QAPete
-PlanetUnreal Site Coordinator