List all Unreal Engine game titles!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Here you go.

Red: Folders in UT3 (a UE3 game) correlate to folders in R6V.
Blue: Folders that commonly identify UE2/2.5 games (such as found in UT2004) do not correlate to folders in R6V.

There is more proof I can provide, such as CookedPC folders in R6V, which indicate that it is using cooked content, which did not exist in UE2.5.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
Here you go.

Red: Folders in UT3 (a UE3 game) correlate to folders in R6V.
Blue: Folders that commonly identify UE2/2.5 games (such as found in UT2004) do not correlate to folders in R6V.

There is more proof I can provide, such as CookedPC folders in R6V, which indicate that it is using cooked content, which did not exist in UE2.5.
You do not understand what "a heavily modified UE 2.5 version means" then. They (what means Ubi) heavily modified it, so it doesn't look like any other 2.5 Engine you saw.

But whatever lol...
Believe what you want, I have enough friends (& teachers) who work there to know about this little issue X_x LOLLL.:lol:

Have nice dreams guys ^^

lol911

May 17, 2005
Then why is EVERYONE and their mother under the impression that R6V was made using the UE3? Every publication says it is and I said even Mark Rein said so ... now I have never heard otherwise from anyone and if Ubi was telling all these writers they were wrong and have to detract that info that in itself would have been a huge news story.
According to Hyrage it must be the greatest lie ever told :p

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for the lists and the funny discussion :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You do not understand what "a heavily modified UE 2.5 version means" then. They (what means Ubi) heavily modified it, so it doesn't look like any other 2.5 Engine you saw.
Why would they modify it to match UE3 almost exactly? No other development studio has done anything like that. Even engines that weren't easily recognizable as Unreal Engine had the same folder structure, file formats and ini structure.

In other words, your theory about it being heavily modded UE 2.5 make no sense and have no logical backing whatsoever.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
Why would they modify it to match UE3 almost exactly? No other development studio has done anything like that. Even engines that weren't easily recognizable as Unreal Engine had the same folder structure, file formats and ini structure.

In other words, your theory about it being heavily modded UE 2.5 make no sense and have no logical backing whatsoever.

If you haven't read this, it's a start.

Because I have never seen anywhere where anyone from Ubi has said that the game is using an engine other than UE3. Show me that and then I will believe you otherwise I am going to have to stick to what everyone is saying and what Ubi so far has not denounced and called for a final clarification on the matter. I real far more than those sites you mentioned and for example if Ubi had ever said something it would have been reported by Kotaku, Team Xbox, and 1UP for starters. So far in all this time it has not happened. So why would Ubi let the media think that R6V was developed using UE3 still after more than a year has gone by and also why let anyone say that R6V2 is using it when it just came out and they could clarify it immediately. Plus as bland as it looks it still appears to me to look better than a UE2.5 based game. Anyway show me anywhere where Ubi says differently and then I will believe you.

Ubi already specified they were using UE 2.5, a heavily modified version. Why would they say it's using UE 2.5, when nobody asked.

Why would they do that when everybody is claiming it's using 2.5? It isn't bad to compare their work to the UE3 and the heavily version of 2.5 isn't really a 2.5 in other terms.

As I said earlier, if it's not write on the Epic Games Web Site that Ubisoft bought the lisence for UE3, you are fooling youself with the biggest proof lol.

THe link is right here
The second part is right here

When I saw any article about R6 and Mark Rein I always read "using Unreal Technologies" and I rarely read UE3. I mean look:
Source
Obviously, things have shaped up with the engine. As you said, it took until Unreal Tournament III shipped on the PlayStation 3 for the Unreal Engine to be fully ready for the PlayStation 3. So, everything is fully ready and the titles we've seen coming out now on the PlayStation 3 are finally getting the full power of the Unreal Engine and everything's working?

MR: Well, Rainbow Six Vegas (take note that he isn't saying, it uses UE3) shipped a long time ago on the PlayStation 3, well before UT3, so certainly it's possible to ship a game before us, but obviously, it's a lot easier if we blaze the trail and get everything in good shape. I mean, we've got to be the number one licensed engine on PlayStation 3.

source
Epic estimates that Gears of War cost them around $10 million to make and according to Rein, “It was certainly more than we have spent on any other game we have done previously.” However that number is actually on the low end of next-gen game creation the because of Epic’s development of their Unreal Engine 3 which debuted with Gears of War. Unreal Engine 3 has already claimed a ton of licenses from close to every major publisher, including the recent announcement of Final Fantasy publisher Square Enix. Rein told us there would be more engine licensee announcements coming up in the near future and that he was excited about the upcoming Unreal Engine based games. Two other games built on Unreal Engine 3, Rainbow Six Vegas and Xbox Live Arcade title Roboblitz, also shipped on Xbox 360 and PC with Rainbow Six Vegas shipping in March on the PS3 as well. - isn't from mark rein I guess lol

source
Image of Astrofox Astrofox at 10:44 PM on 07/19/07
@Plunkett: Are you sure? I have the booklet for R6:V here that came with the game, in the back it says:

"Unreal Engine™ 2, Copyright 1997 - 2006, Epic Games™, Inc."

Now, everything is up to you :), I told you what I knew and I'm certainly not here to convince you ;)... but between a web sites or a Ubi Producer.. sorry I believe the one who worked on the games they made. Making games and media coverage have one common point... making illusions look real.

... everybody claiming it's using UE3, is probably not Ubisoft.

------------------------------------------------------------
Since when the name of a file defines exactly his program? It's up to the code behind.

But maybe I'm wrong after all lollllllll. :lol:

Last edited:

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
I don't understand why anyone would think its 2.5 at all. the only logical reason would be that it doesn't really the graphical standard of GoW etc. Well thats easily explained away... Ubisoft rush things.
What is the point? You rush things because you do not use UE3?
WHatever is your engine, if you modify it it can become whatever you want and even better.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Ubi already specified they were using UE 2.5, a heavily modified version. Why would they say it's using UE 2.5, when nobody asked.
Where? You haven't provided any proof that Ubi ever indicated any such thing.
Why would they do that when everybody is claiming it's using 2.5? It isn't bad to compare their work to the UE3 and the heavily version of 2.5 isn't really a 2.5 in other terms.
1) They don't care.
2) Everyone is correct.
As I said earlier, if it's not write on the Epic Games Web Site that Ubisoft bought the lisence for UE3, you are fooling youself with the biggest proof lol.
As I stated earlier, they don't list an release PR for everyone that licenses UE3. If you think they do, you haven't been following the engine very long.

When I saw any article about R6 and Mark Rein I always read "using Unreal Technologies" and I rarely read UE3. I mean look:
MR: Well, Rainbow Six Vegas (take note that he isn't saying, it uses UE3) shipped a long time ago on the PlayStation 3, well before UT3,

However, do note that Epic ONLY has a PS3 version of UE3. There is not a UE2 or UE2.5 for ANY console, only UE2X. Also note that he is comparing it's release schedule to UT3, a UE3 game.
Two other games built on Unreal Engine 3, Rainbow Six Vegas and Xbox Live Arcade title Roboblitz, also shipped on Xbox 360 and PC with Rainbow Six Vegas shipping in March on the PS3 as well.
Nothing more I need to say on that one.
@Plunkett: Are you sure? I have the booklet for R6:V here that came with the game, in the back it says:

"Unreal Engine™ 2, Copyright 1997 - 2006, Epic Games™, Inc."
And my booklet doesn't even mention Unreal Engine. So now I guess it doesn't use it at all? :p
Since when the name of a file defines exactly his program? It's up to the code behind.

But maybe I'm wrong after all lollllllll. :lol:
It doesn't... except when it comes to middleware :p Plus, all the evidence is against what you are saying. The only way you'll convince anyone it is UE2.5 is by having someone from Ubi come in here and state that, with proof :) Maybe you're thinking of Raven Shield ;)

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
Where? You haven't provided any proof that Ubi ever indicated any such thing.

1) They don't care.
2) Everyone is correct.

As I stated earlier, they don't list an release PR for everyone that licenses UE3. If you think they do, you haven't been following the engine very long.

However, do note that Epic ONLY has a PS3 version of UE3. There is not a UE2 or UE2.5 for ANY console, only UE2X. Also note that he is comparing it's release schedule to UT3, a UE3 game.

Nothing more I need to say on that one.

And my booklet doesn't even mention Unreal Engine. So now I guess it doesn't use it at all? :p

It doesn't... except when it comes to middleware :p Plus, all the evidence is against what you are saying. The only way you'll convince anyone it is UE2.5 is by having someone from Ubi come in here and state that, with proof :) Maybe you're thinking of Raven Shield ;)

I'm confused – which engine is which? - source

The Unreal Engine encompasses three generations of technology, each focused on a major generation of console platforms and PC hardware.

Unreal Engine 1 powered Epic's original Unreal and Unreal Tournament games.

Unreal Engine 2 powered Unreal 2 and UT2003; Unreal Engine 2.5 – an enhanced version of Unreal Engine 2 – powered UT2004; and Unreal Engine 2.X – an Xbox-exclusive enhanced version of Unreal Engine 2 – powered Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict.

Unreal Engine 3 is the current technology, aimed at next-gen consoles such as Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, as well as DirectX 10-based PCs. UE3 powered Epic’s Gears of War, as well as Unreal Tournament 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You do not seem to understand that a Game Developer does not just pickup a Unreal Engine License and make the game. They tweak it, modifiy it and sometimes, the change it so much that it shouldn't even be called Unreal Engine. So even if Epic doesn't have anything else than 2.X for COnsole games before the 360 doesn'T mean that the other devs do not have a UE version that works on it.

Ubisoft used a heavily modified UE 2.5 version for R6 lockdown and Splinter Cell 1,2,3 (next gen) and 4 (next gen). People were saying that UE 2.5 couldn't handle a 360 game, what is definately false.

So if they can have Splinter Cell 4 on UE 2.5, what would they care about spending $75 000 for it, without counting that they would have to modify it back???

On their web site, there is no information about Rainbow Six: Vegas as using the Unreal Engine 3.

Plus, this is interesting:

--------------------------------------------------------

Proven Technology

Multiple UE3-powered games are currently in development at Epic and by our licensees, targeting a diverse set of genres from fighting games to MMPOGs to shooters. The technology was used to power games such as Epic’s recently-released Gears of War and the upcoming Unreal Tournament 3, as well as many games by licensees that represent some of the best studios in the industry.

For more Unreal Engine 3 licensing news, including announcements of support for Sony’s Playstation 3 and Microsoft’s Xbox 360, visit www.epicgames.com.

--------------------------------------------------------

What means that if R6 Vegas was using UE3, it would be linked somewhere on their Official Web Site, but it's not.

So if you were Ubisoft, actually making Assassin's Creed (spend a too much money on it)... plus Ubi made their own Engine what includes Multiplayer features as you can see on IGN for Shawn White Snowboarding so they can do all that stuff themselves, and that you actually have efficient programmers and a heavily modified version of UE 2.5 that can handle 360 games would you seriously buy a UE3 license? Definately not.

So, no official proof on both Epic Games or Ubisoft Montreal websites that specify that R6 Vegas used the Unreal Engine 3, only powered by Unreal Technologies. No license news, nothing. The only valuable proof is suppsoed to be the name of you file extensions? Ever asked to a programmer if you could just change the file extension name LOL while tweaking the editor? :lol:

So no information on a UE3 = something else than UE3 what means a heavily modified UE 2.5 for the Tom Clancy's Franchises.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=72234 - 25 January, 2007
a_med_1.jpg

Mathieu Hector: The engine used on SCDA only uses elements of the Unreal 2 pipeline, mostly the tools set. We have been improving the runtime engine for several years, to finally keep only a few parts of the original code. For instance, the rendering engine is closer to Unreal 3 than Unreal 2. Additionally, the engine has been adapted throughout time to fit with Splinter Cell's gameplay mechanic, which is not really a first-person shooter.

-------------------------------------------------------

I know the image is small, but I'm sure you already saw this game. Compare it to Vegas it's really close. If they actually had 2.5 version already close to UE3, I'm sure you can get the easy conclusion that their Engine for R6 is so close to UE3 that they can call it UE3 if they did without even buying the UE3 license so it means... it'S not UE3, it's UE 2.5 uber modified.

-------------------------------------------------------

If you do confuse Ubisoft & Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway: Gearbox Software's... they have UE3 but they aren't Ubisoft, Ubi is only the publisher & distributer.

Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway: Gearbox Software's critically acclaimed squad-based WWII shooter launches into the next generation of gaming with amazing graphics and cutting-edge game play features powered by Unreal Engine 3 (not Unreal Technologies)and a completely redesigned online component. As Matt Baker, lead a squad of real soldiers who think, relate and fight together through the brutal trials of the dramatic Operation Market Garden.critically acclaimed squad-based WWII shooter launches into the next generation of gaming with amazing graphics and cutting-edge game play features powered by Unreal Engine 3 and a completely redesigned online component.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I don't know where you get the idea that every game that uses Unreal Engine announces that it uses Unreal Engine and has a link on Epic's site. If that were true, there would be very few games using it because hardly any of them are linked from Epic's site.

This argument is ridiculous. You have no proof, only vague references that have no meaning and prove nothing. I've shown you the hard proof from the game installation. If that is not good enough for you, then you can continue to believe your wrong assumptions.

The facts are that the game uses UE3 folder structure, has all of the semblances of a UE3 game, and has nothing even nearly appearing as UE2.5.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
I don't know where you get the idea that every game that uses Unreal Engine announces that it uses Unreal Engine and has a link on Epic's site. If that were true, there would be very few games using it because hardly any of them are linked from Epic's site.

This argument is ridiculous. You have no proof, only vague references that have no meaning and prove nothing. I've shown you the hard proof from the game installation. If that is not good enough for you, then you can continue to believe your wrong assumptions.

The facts are that the game uses UE3 folder structure, has all of the semblances of a UE3 game, and has nothing even nearly appearing as UE2.5.
How many Developers using Unreal Engine 3 Officially aren't listed on the Epic Games website? A developer can make more than one game using the Engine.

Even by stating similarities between only the "folder structure" doesn't proove it's using UE3 and I do not see that as being a hard proof.:lol:
Folder structure =/= engine, right?

The folder structure is a cool fact, but I don't think we can define an Engine by a folder structure.

Do you at least make the difference between a 2.5 and a heavily modified 2.5. It means EVERYTHING could have change. The only thing that matters with 2.5 is that they use it has a "base". Call it UberAgeiaNoSense if you want but it would certainly not look like a 2.5 lolllll. It would be a good proof thought if there was something else than rumors.

Take Hammer (Half-Life 2) by example, it's a heavily modified Quake Engine, but it doesn't even look like the old Quake Engine.

--------------------------------------

With my previous post, I was pointing the fact that Ubisoft was especially making their own engines(or engine stuff) now since the first Splinter Cell. At this point, there is no need to buy another Game Engine, because it would simply be a waste of money. So why would they get a UE3 license for R6 Vegas? They were busy working and spending a LOT of money on Dunia (Far Cry 2) & Assassin's Creed Engine. Here again, would you spend $75 000 for another Game Engine called UE3 when you can already have or shine your last one to equal it instead of buiying UE3 and modify it all over again? Ubi isn't building an Engine in one year, it should take a lot of years to achieve that LOLLL.

Anyway ^^, as DGUnreal already said, there is a few different perspectives of what reality is here :lol: and no one is bad :D.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
How many Developers using Unreal Engine 3 Officially aren't listed on the Epic Games website? A developer can make more than one game using the Engine.
Probably hundreds.
Even by stating similarities between only the "folder structure" doesn't proove it's using UE3 and I do not see that as being a hard proof.:lol:
Folder structure =/= engine, right?

The folder structure is a cool fact, but I don't think we can define an Engine by a folder structure.
As far as Unreal Engine is concerned, it CATEGORICALLY IS.
Do you at least make the difference between a 2.5 and a heavily modified 2.5. It means EVERYTHING could have change. The only thing that matters with 2.5 is that they use it has a "base". Call it UberAgeiaNoSense if you want but it would certainly not look like a 2.5 lolllll. It would be a good proof thought if there was something else than rumors.
Along with my previous statement, you are wrong. No UE licensee has modified the engine THAT heavily, there is absolutely no purpose in doing so with UE. Also, you are arguing that Ubisoft modified UE2.5 to match UE3 almost exactly, down to folder names and file formats. That makes ZERO sense.
Take Hammer (Half-Life 2) by example, it's a heavily modified Quake Engine, but it doesn't even look like the old Quake Engine.
Half Life uses Source (Hammer is the editor). And it is still recognizable as "Quake" even though it's not entirely. But consider that they have almost entirely rewritten the engine from Half Life 1, which was completely recognizable as a Quake engine game.
With my previous post, I was pointing the fact that Ubisoft was especially making their own engines(or engine stuff) now since the first Splinter Cell. At this point, there is no need to buy another Game Engine, because it would simply be a waste of money. So why would they get a UE3 license for R6 Vegas? They were busy working and spending a LOT of money on Dunia (Far Cry 2) & Assassin's Creed Engine. Here again, would you spend $75 000 for another Game Engine called UE3 when you can already have or shine your last one to equal it instead of buiying UE3 and modify it all over again? Ubi isn't building an Engine in one year, it should take a lot of years to achieve that LOLLL.
Splinter Cell uses UE2. If they liked UE2 and wanted the updated features in UE3, there is no reason why they wouldn't license it.

The Assassin's Creed engine is a different engine, afaik. Besides, not all their studios use the same technologies.
Anyway ^^, as DGUnreal already said, there is a few different perspectives of what reality is here :lol: and no one is bad :D.
Your perspective simply has no basis in reality whatsoever. There is nothing backing the position which you continue to hold.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
yeah you are definately right.

If you are called Ubisof, bought UE 2 and licenses 2.5 later for the next generation of Splinter Cell Games and then you build your own features inside the UE 2.5 what become a heavily modified 2.5 that you used for Splinter Cell games & R6 series (lockdown)...

Now you got a UE 2.5 having the same feature or definately really close to UE 3. Why would you licenses UE 3 when you ALREADY HAVE build yourself these features!!? <<<< it wouldn'T make sense to buy something you already made

What means, you actually have a great looking ENgine that can run 360 games. Why would you spend $75 000 on another Engine now for the same results?

They just have to licenses back UE 2.5 every year or for each games using it.

---------------------------------------------

So now, the only proofs we have that R6 would have been done with Unreal Engine 3 are:
A Folder Structure & ShadowM8 stating it has been done with it. It's I think a valuable start :D

What actually say it would not be using UE 3 are:
- No hints of a winning award game called Rainbow Six Vegas on the Epic Games Forum using UE3.

- No clue if Ubisoft ever licenses Unreal Engine 3 on the Official Epic Games Website.

- Ubisoft doesn't need this UE3 when they already have a great UE 2.5 that runs 360 games to run a FPS game like R6 Vegas 1 & 2.

- Ubisoft builds there own Engines for years now (using 2.5 as a base and totally build their own original engine like Dunia/Far Cry 2 & Assassin's Creed engine, but there is plenty of other versions for different needs).

- The Ubi Conviction guy who told me that they never used UE3 for R6.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Ubisoft is subpoenaed as an Unreal Engine 3 licensee.
Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway (an Ubisoft game) uses Unreal engine 3.
EndWar, a Tom Clancy game and Ubisoft property uses Unreal Engine 3.

- No hints of a winning award game called Rainbow Six Vegas on the Epic Games Forum using UE3.
Guess what other game is not listed on Epic's website. BioShock. So is that game using UE2.5 as well? :p
- No clue if Ubisoft ever licenses Unreal Engine 3 on the Official Epic Games Website.
This means nothing and is a non-point. There is also nothing on there about Irrational Games licensing UE3, and the 2K Games announcement is months after Bioshock was released.
- Ubisoft doesn't need this UE3 when they already have a great UE 2.5 that runs 360 games to run a FPS game like R6 Vegas 1 & 2.
UE2.5 wasn't made for the Xbox 360, so they would have had to port it themselves. Which they didn't do.
- Ubisoft builds there own Engines for years now (using 2.5 as a base and totally build their own original engine like Dunia/Far Cry 2 & Assassin's Creed engine, but there is plenty of other versions for different needs).
Ubisoft has studios working on several different technologies. They have Endwar and Brothers in Arms in development, both of which use Unreal Engine 3. They have other studios using other engines and technologies. You're acting like if one Ubisoft studio was using the Torque engine, that would prove that that is the only engine Ubisoft uses. Also, Rainbow 6: Vegas was released in 2006. Dunia Engine and Scimitar Engine were probably still infant engines at that time, and their version of UE2.5 alkmost certainly did not work on the 360. Additionally, Rainbow 6: Lockdown PC did not use Unreal Engine at all.
- The Ubi Conviction guy who told me that they never used UE3 for R6.
Yet all of the facts point to him being incorrect, if he even worked on Conviction at all.

1) The folder structure is identical to UE3. Why would Ubi modify their UE2.5 code to match UE3 exactly? This is probably the most poignant point. If they were going to expand upon the engine code, it is VERY unlikely that they would follow Epic's development path instead of their own.

2) The file formats in R6:V match those found in RoboBlitz, Bioshock, Stranglehold, Blacksite, Gears, UT3 and every other UE3 PC game. Again, why would they follow Epic's development path for UE3 rather than just expanding it in their own way?

3) Other Ubi studios used and are using Unreal Engine 3 for various projects.

4) Nobody knows what Splinter Cell 5 is using. For the development time, they could have been porting UE2 (they are NOT using UE2.5) to the Xbox 360/PS3, or, the more likely scenario, licensed UE3. Regardless, whatever Splinter Cell is using has pretty much ZERO bearing on what R6: Vegas used.

5) You have yet to make any point that even comes close to giving your position any weight.

6) Here is an interview with one of the Community Developers at Ubisoft for R6:V2.. He clearly states they are using, what he calls, the "Unreal 3 Engine" for Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. Why would they switch engines between these two games? In fact, he talks like they have updated UE3, not switched to it.

7) If you need more proof than this, you cannot be helped.

Hyrage

Apr 9, 2008
Ubisoft is subpoenaed as an Unreal Engine 3 licensee.
Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway (an Ubisoft game) uses Unreal engine 3.
EndWar, a Tom Clancy game and Ubisoft property uses Unreal Engine 3.

Guess what other game is not listed on Epic's website. BioShock. So is that game using UE2.5 as well? :p

This means nothing and is a non-point. There is also nothing on there about Irrational Games licensing UE3, and the 2K Games announcement is months after Bioshock was released.

UE2.5 wasn't made for the Xbox 360, so they would have had to port it themselves. Which they didn't do.

Ubisoft has studios working on several different technologies. They have Endwar and Brothers in Arms in development, both of which use Unreal Engine 3. They have other studios using other engines and technologies. You're acting like if one Ubisoft studio was using the Torque engine, that would prove that that is the only engine Ubisoft uses. Also, Rainbow 6: Vegas was released in 2006. Dunia Engine and Scimitar Engine were probably still infant engines at that time, and their version of UE2.5 alkmost certainly did not work on the 360. Additionally, Rainbow 6: Lockdown PC did not use Unreal Engine at all.

Yet all of the facts point to him being incorrect, if he even worked on Conviction at all.

1) The folder structure is identical to UE3. Why would Ubi modify their UE2.5 code to match UE3 exactly? This is probably the most poignant point. If they were going to expand upon the engine code, it is VERY unlikely that they would follow Epic's development path instead of their own.

2) The file formats in R6:V match those found in RoboBlitz, Bioshock, Stranglehold, Blacksite, Gears, UT3 and every other UE3 PC game. Again, why would they follow Epic's development path for UE3 rather than just expanding it in their own way?

3) Other Ubi studios used and are using Unreal Engine 3 for various projects.

4) Nobody knows what Splinter Cell 5 is using. For the development time, they could have been porting UE2 (they are NOT using UE2.5) to the Xbox 360/PS3, or, the more likely scenario, licensed UE3. Regardless, whatever Splinter Cell is using has pretty much ZERO bearing on what R6: Vegas used.

5) You have yet to make any point that even comes close to giving your position any weight.

6) Here is an interview with one of the Community Developers at Ubisoft for R6:V2.. He clearly states they are using, what he calls, the "Unreal 3 Engine" for Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. Why would they switch engines between these two games? In fact, he talks like they have updated UE3, not switched to it.

7) If you need more proof than this, you cannot be helped.

Where is the point in bringing you arguments when you do not even read it.

THis is about your first link about...subpoenas

"The subpoenas mark the first time that developers other than Epic have been entangled in the dispute. Companies that have licensed Epic's Unreal Engine 3, and are potentially now involved in the suit, include Electronic Arts, 2K Games, Ubisoft, and the United States Army, among many others."

"Brother's in Arms" ISN'T a Ubisoft game. Read carefully, Ubisoft are only the Publisher & distributor what means they AREN'T the Developer of the Game.

Developer:
Gearbox Software

We have a Gear's Software Level Designer here, ask him, it's in his signature.

You would be right, Ubisoft Shangai is making End War and are using the Unreal Engine 3, uber-modified UE3.

TVG: Endwar has been described as 'Ghost Recon but fifty times bigger' by de Plater; having hundreds of units on screen at one time is something that has only recently been achieved on PC RTS titles like Supreme Commander, so how challenging has it been to create such huge forces on the consoles?

Thanks for asking. This is quite a challenge indeed, to get that many characters and vehicles moving and fighting as real soldiers while keeping a spectacular and fluid battle experience.
However, we made sure we had enough time and enough good programmers to develop our own engine to meet these requirements. Although the EndWar engine was built around Unreal 3, we had to add so many features to it that, in the end, there's less than 20% of the basic, original engine remaining!

This is also called a heavily modified UE3 lol, thumbs up. I do not doubt that Ubisoft Shangai would use Unreal Engine 3 for their Next title, the Ubi programmers can't be everywhere around the world at the same time LOLLLL.

--------------------------------------------------

For Bioshock, the game was made with the Vengeance engine (heavily modified UE 2.5), but they switch for UE3 in the end for more accurate results and hired a specific programmer for their really cool looking water (wiki lollllllll).

--------------------------------------------------

Weren't we talking about R6: Vegas using UE3 two-three years ago and not Ubi Shangai working on End War in 2008???

Oh and I just found that I was totally wrong with $75 000, it costs a lot more than that LOLLL to buy UE 3 a license. Cost is estimated to be more than $700,000.

Anyway, I just read two interview with Mark Rein saying R6 was made with UE3. ShadowM8 said it was done with UE3 and if Ubi is make EndWar with UE3 it's because they got the license.

I'll be able to tell you more about this issue in a few months, I'll tell you why later loll.

The only weird thing is I can't find when Ubi did get the UE3 anywhere.:lol::eek: , and personaly I find it sad that Vegas doesn'T give justice to the UE3 game feeling.

So according to major facts (& crowd), UE3 for the win :lol:

Last edited: